Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #409
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I see you're not the selling games type either!

I've traded in a few Shows over the years, but I still have the oldest one, '06. Still have 2k12 digitally on the PC, as well.
For the most part, no. Other sports title I do, depending on the year to year changes. Baseball, is different for me so I tend to hoard all things related. I can say, there's something I like about each one of these games that has warranted a keep. Like I was saying, neither of them is perfect. I have MLB 2K7 (not pictured) still too, because there were some great things that game did too.

I guess you can say I also keep these games as research material, for providing different inputs and feedback to SDS. Even the lazy ones. 😀

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-22-2015, 03:05 PM   #410
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Dude just don't buy the game. I think I speak for several people here when I say your complaining and whining is getting very old. We get it, you don't like the animations. Save yourself 60 bucks and go on about your business. There really isn't anything left that can be said.
He's well within his rights to voice his displeasure in a tactful way. Outside of the "lazy" comment, which he allowed to detract from his overall point, he's right and its been said by many, many people here before about the animations and presentation.

If others thought it was a baiting comment, they should have ignored it and not let it spiral into a needless back and forth.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 02-22-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #411
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
He's well within his rights to voice his displeasure in a tactful way. Outside of the "lazy" comment, which he allowed to detract from his overall point, he's right and its been said by many, many people here before about the animations and presentation.

If others thought it was a baiting comment, they should have ignored it and not let it spiral into a needless back and forth.
Most of all he provided usefull feedback to improve the game in the future.
On the other hand I never got what statments like "if you don't like it don't buy it" are good for?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #412
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo

Why ignore it?

Why ignore ANY of the sewerage that has been increasingly seeping onto O.S.....under the guise of "constructive criticism ?

Same guys...all the time ....you can bank it.

At some point....the valid aspect is negated in the fact that they don't really give a **** and will find ANYTHING to gripe about and try and feed a swill pool of negativity .
Let's at least be honest in this respect.
The worst part is.....those that do really want to give constructive feedback are getting lost in the shuffle.....while the very ones stirring the **** are pointing fingers at those that can contribute without being rude and scream "brown nose" or "defender"

It's getting as old as the Show animations being cried about.

The funny part was.....I wasn't even responding about his rude comment as much as at his laughable call for a retraction from someone else and his hint of libel.
If it wasn't so ridiculous ....it probably could have been ignored.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-22-2015, 05:06 PM   #413
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Why ignore it?

Why ignore ANY of the sewerage that has been increasingly seeping onto O.S.....under the guise of "constructive criticism ?

At some point....the valid aspect is negated in the fact that they don't really give a **** and will find ANYTHING to gripe about and try and feed a swill pool of negativity .
The worst part is.....those that do really want to give constructive feedback are getting lost in the shuffle.....while the very ones stirring the **** are pointing fingers at those that can contribute without being rude and scream "brown nose" or "defender"

The funny part was.....I wasn't even responding about his rude comment as much as at his laughable call for a retraction from someone else and his hint of libel.

M.K.
Knight165
This thread has degenerated much more than it needed to. Although I am a long time supporter of SCEA and MLB the Show, I agree with 90% of Kernel Pies's posts, particularly as to the part about presentation, animations, stats, etc. Do I think perhaps he had poor choice of words? Maybe. Did he use those words to get a rise out of the community guys and SCEA? Maybe. The bottom line is his posts were almost all substantive and constructive criticism. As I had said in an earlier post, the community guys don't need to defend SCEA every time someone criticizes the game or says something they perceive as an unfair attack. SCEA, as best I can tell, has thick skin and can filter very well. I would prefer folks tone down the hyperbole in their posts so SCEA and the community guys don't have to sift thru inappropriate comments that take away from the fans' opportunity to get in to the game substantive oversights. As I had said, I don't blame SCEA for anything that might be perceived as stale (IMO they are doing the best they can with the resources they have). I blame Sony for opening the SCEA guys to sometimes unfair criticism.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #414
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Why ignore it?

M.K.
Knight165
Big difference between his frustration post and some of the terrible posts we've seen here throughout the years. I posted in frustration back when the battle wasn't presentation and animation...but batting stances! I know you remember that because usually it would be you and I (along with ericjm and others) debating back and forth on the importance of player individuality and where it should rank on their list. It's now 3 years later and the critiques are exaggerated bat movements. I'd call that a victory in SCEA's case.

Point being, we need to stay on them and I wouldn't have it any other way. Few people go over the line, while the vast majority don't. Those guys in San Diego can handle that.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:07 PM   #415
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

*Reads thread*

So one full video has resulted in this type of discussion?

Dear SCEA,

For the sake of the OS MLB The Show forums please do not release any other videos! I'm not sure they can be handled!!!

----

Come on folks, lets be tactful here. Express opinions without attacks and if someone does cross the line with their comment lets not discuss how/why they crossed the line. Lets keep the discussion civil and the lines of communication open with the Devs.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 06:11 PM   #416
Rookie

OVR: 0

The Show is awesome but it could feel stale. It's just so at the top of its game with no other baseball competition, that's what gives it that feel. They definitely need some new commentary/presentation though

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »