Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #401
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
Quote the words "development team" or "they are" in my original post. It's easy to attack a strawman, isn't it?

But I don't blame you -- I would build a strawman, too, if I wanted to deflect from the central argument, which is that they are rehashing the same low-variety, outdated, utterly stale on-the-field presentation animations for the last 4 years. "That is" (not "they are") lazy - or whatever other adjective you'd like to attach to it.

There is no defense for not adding to or up****** the animations, especially considering the game is now on a next-gen system and is the only baseball game on the market. If you play this game in broadcast mode this year, and have played any one of MLB 12, 13, or 14, you have basically already seen every single presentation animation relative to the flow or excitement of every single game you will play in MLB 15 from the moment you open the wrapper. And that's not stale to you?

Players (especially pitchers) have no individuality or variety, batters have like 10 walkups and swing motions to choose from for 200+ hitters in a league, the dugout basically doesn't exist, and the only fan we see is one of the Devs holding a sign during the lineup call.

To me, and I'm sure to a lot of other long-time supporters, not adding at least a few new animations (I mean 20-30 new pitcher/batter reactions would've killed you?) is a huge disappointment and a major letdown for the game's first true release on the PS4.

If this game had a competitor this year, I would have flat-out jumped ship after seeing this video.
Ok so as you say the devs aren't lazy. I agree that the cut scene animations as well the commentary as 2 center-pieces of the presentation are becoming very stale in this game. Not that they are bad, for my taste the can keep all of what is in the game already, but add lines to the commentary and some new animations here and there every year, while all the old ones can remain. I think nobody wants a complete overhaul, just keep adding stuff like that.
This hasn't really been a focus as it seems for a few years now.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

Last edited by geisterhome; 02-22-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #402
MLB Lead Animator

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Quote the words "development team" or "they are" in my original post. It's easy to attack a strawman, isn't it?

But I don't blame you -- I would build a strawman, too, if I wanted to deflect from the central argument, which is that they are rehashing the same low-variety, outdated, utterly stale on-the-field presentation animations for the last 4 years. "That is" (not "they are") lazy - or whatever other adjective you'd like to attach to it.

There is no defense for not adding to or up****** the animations, especially considering the game is now on a next-gen system and is the only baseball game on the market. If you play this game in broadcast mode this year, and have played any one of MLB 12, 13, or 14, you have basically already seen every single presentation animation relative to the flow or excitement of every single game you will play in MLB 15 from the moment you open the wrapper. And that's not stale to you?

Players (especially pitchers) have no individuality or variety, batters have like 10 walkups and swing motions to choose from for 200+ hitters in a league, the dugout basically doesn't exist, and the only fan we see is one of the Devs holding a sign during the lineup call.

To me, and I'm sure to a lot of other long-time supporters, not adding at least a few new animations (I mean 20-30 new pitcher/batter reactions would've killed you?) is a huge disappointment and a major letdown for the game's first true release on the PS4.

If this game had a competitor this year, I would have flat-out jumped ship after seeing this video.
Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #403
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Didn't see much variety in the hit trajectories. I'm guessing there are still only seven well hit trajectories, of which five are outs. It gets really tiring watching line drives come off the bat at less than 40mph.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #404
MVP

OVR: 46

this is my first look at The Show in any form on the ps4 and i am stunned to see the presentation the same as it ever was.

same batter walk up osds.
same generic team standings osd
same lineup card.
same pitcher scouting report osd [speed of pitches?]

incredible.

disappointed in sony for neglecting this again.
the game feels like its stuck in molasses.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #405
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
There's always RBI Baseball, Super Mega Baseball, and Pro Yakyuu Spirits (which didn't even make the jump to next gen) - so technically, there is competition.
It's sad that it has to come to that, though -- especially for loyal customers and diehard baseball fans who appreciated where the game was at 4 years ago relative to the competition; but who, just as validly, disapprove of where it is now, considering the hardware they are using, the length of time it's been in development, and the resources at their disposal.

And I am glad you brought up PYS so I didn't have to. In a side-by-side comparison of a year-old game (PYS '14) on inferior hardware (PS3), to this video of MLB 15 on the PS4, a person so inclined could easily and clearly demonstrate instances where PYS is vastly superior in player models, swing mechanics, pitcher/catcher motions, running animations, bat/ball contact physics, and just basic baseball animations in general (irrespective of whatever it may do worse).

But hey, if you and others think the Show's animations, presentation, and player models are up to speed with other sports games using the same hardware (or some even using inferior hardware), and if you feel this effort is worth your time and money, then have at it. I honestly (and sadly) don't, as I was really looking forward to the game as always.

Maybe I will brush up on my Japanese and give PYS a shot. Peace, no hate! - it's just my honest opinion as a long-time fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 02:34 PM   #406
Rookie

lazloisdavrock's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
The Adam Jones you saw was an old version of him. He has a new look.
I just seen the new screenshot of him and it looks exactly like him. good stuff!!
Old 02-22-2015, 02:46 PM   #407
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
It's sad that it has to come to that, though -- especially for loyal customers and diehard baseball fans who appreciated where the game was at 4 years ago relative to the competition; but who, just as validly, disapprove of where it is now, considering the hardware they are using, the length of time it's been in development, and the resources at their disposal.

And I am glad you brought up PYS so I didn't have to. In a side-by-side comparison of a year-old game (PYS '14) on inferior hardware (PS3), to this video of MLB 15 on the PS4, a person so inclined could easily and clearly demonstrate instances where PYS is vastly superior in player models, swing mechanics, pitcher/catcher motions, running animations, bat/ball contact physics, and just basic baseball animations in general (irrespective of whatever it may do worse).

But hey, if you and others think the Show's animations, presentation, and player models are up to speed with other sports games using the same hardware (or some even using inferior hardware), and if you feel this effort is worth your time and money, then have at it. I honestly (and sadly) don't, as I was really looking forward to the game as always.

Maybe I will brush up on my Japanese and give PYS a shot. Peace, no hate! - it's just my honest opinion as a long-time fan.
So, there you go. Simple decision, right? Glad I could help!

And yes, I do think the effort is worth my money, as a true baseball fan... just like I think PYS is worth the money to import it every year, or Super Mega Baseball was worth it to purchase it digitally, the day it came out. Or RBI 15 when it drops... thing is, neither of these games are perfect, but they are all great in their own way. I think you got the point tho, spend your money on what you want to, and let other do the same. 😊

Spoiler

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #408
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
So, there you go. Simple decision, right? Glad I could help!

And yes, I do think the effort is worth my money, as a true baseball fan... just like I think PYS is worth the money to import it every year, or Super Mega Baseball was worth it to purchase it digitally, the day it came out. Or RBI 15 when it drops... thing is, neither of these games are perfect, but they are all great in their own way. I think you got the point tho, spend your money on what you want to, and let other do the same. ��

Spoiler

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
I see you're not the selling games type either!

I've traded in a few Shows over the years, but I still have '10 (the year i went to SD) and the oldest one, '06. Still have 2k12 digitally on the PC, as well.

Last edited by bcruise; 02-22-2015 at 02:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »