Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #385
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
Really? Come on man. Everyone always wants a re-inventing of the wheel each year in sports games. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Fine, I do agree with you with the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it and that is where the game play comes in. But since they haven't made such large innovations on game play (which is a good thing) the same could also be said for presentation. The presentation is broke and needs some fixin'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #386
Rookie

mrhenry209's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
Fine, I do agree with you with the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it and that is where the game play comes in. But since they haven't made such large innovations on game play (which is a good thing) the same could also be said for presentation. The presentation is broke and needs some fixin'.
IMO if they were to do a complete overhaul or restart for the engine/graphics, the jump to PS4 for 14 would have been the time. They still could do a presentation overhaul for 16 that would be very welcome, but I would prefer to have all-new player models over enhanced presentation. I also agree on the gameplay, every year becomes the best playing baseball game, and it looks like that will continue to be the case with 15. I can't wait to play around with directional hitting--that's sort of how I tried to play by influencing the hit direction with the right stick, which only sort of worked last year.
NFL: Detroit Lions
Old 02-21-2015, 04:30 PM   #387
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

What kind of a overhaul can be made to the presentation? The current presentation already looks like a MLB TV Broadcast. All of the overlays and cut scenes you see leading up to the first pitch and during the game is what happens on a day-to-day basis for a MLB Broadcast. Can they add a few lines of commentary in there? Sure, but a complete overhaul? I feel is unnecessary.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #388
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
How long has Chris Gill worked on the game? I really like how he explains the process of hitting.
10 years plus
Old 02-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #389
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
How long has Chris Gill worked on the game? I really like how he explains the process of hitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
10 years plus
Plus, if i remember hearing correctly on the stream, Gill formerly played pro ball, sooooooo, there's your experience factor.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #390
Rookie

jlatz10's Arena

OVR: 2

With the reveal of some of this year's lighting in the latest stream, I was curious about the neon features (AT&T Park Coke Bottle, Braves sign at Turner Field, etc.). Are those "illuminated" at night this year?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #391
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Was the Red Sox logo removed from the in field? As I am pretty sure they do not have that any more in real life.

Also will the Green Monster scoreboard be fully working again or is it still broke? By broken I mean for example The Balls, Strikes and Outs do not light up on the PS4 version. Also The wrong number show for At Bat. I think I did hear the division standings now update in real time which is really cool.
I believe they still use the hanging Sox in the infield grass during the playoffs. Aside from that I haven't seen them put it there.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2015, 07:46 PM   #392
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Maybe already talked about (haven't really went through everything) but is there any way to get shadows on the baserunners in the base running window?
I know it's a small thing but was wondering. No real biggie.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »