Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #881
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
I would love this free agent send to as well... but I can understand why they don't do it.. as soon as you send someone to free agents it can screw the line ups the AA AAA lineups etc and everything gotta be fixed so 'play now' mode would work. they would have to change the entire structure for it to work.

my biggest wish roster wise is to be able to edit 'service time' hate waiting for that first roster update to get exported service time guys when I just wanna start with the rosters day 1, there is usually about 15 guys have to create that shouldn't have a R next to their name. for example Mike Olt last year wasn't in the game week 1 for some unknown reason, only way to make him you were stuck with him being a rookie (same with Grady Sizemore I know why he wasn't in game though) so had to wait 2 weeks for the first update, because we can't edit service time, and because we can't import players into franchise can't start franchises until rosters are 100%.

so there 3 big wishes for me

Send to Free agents
Edit Service time
import players into franchise
There are fake players that SCEA puts in updates with service time. Quite a few players were created for OSFM and Hybrid rosters using some of those players. Justin Christian, Brett Jackson, Josh Vitters come to mind (initial OSFM set)

Mike Olt and Grady Sizemore weren't in the game day 1 because NEITHER had an at bat in the majors in 2013.

Sizemore was a free agent. Olt was on the Rangers/Cubs 40 man, but wasn't injured or called up and didn't accumulate service time.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 02-02-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 10:47 PM   #882
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
I need my "send to free agent" option.

It's ridiculous at this point that we still have to replace some random dude from the free agency list to send someone from a current team to the free agency

And the fact that we can only trade 3 player max in one single trade is also really weird.

Also, there has to be a way to change the hat and uniform of a player when traded.... not the digital face by the way...but the hat in their actual picture.

That's pretty much my only issue with franchise mode...after that is pretty much perfect.

Would love if they brought the Diamond Dynasty uniform creator to the main menu.

Agreed. The thing that bothers me the most year after year is the way they handle players moving to new teams and created rookie players. I'm not blaming them as I have no idea how any of this truly works, but if they could make it so every "official" scea created player (rookie or veteran) had an updated picture with a hat from every team it would make my day! This would also help with players whose cyber faces don't look very realistic as you would only have to see the cyber faces in game or while editing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #883
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Agreed. The thing that bothers me the most year after year is the way they handle players moving to new teams and created rookie players. I'm not blaming them as I have no idea how any of this truly works, but if they could make it so every "official" scea created player (rookie or veteran) had an updated picture with a hat from every team it would make my day! This would also help with players whose cyber faces don't look very realistic as you would only have to see the cyber faces in game or while editing them.

It's not that hard, people just don't want to put in the work to make roster moves. Cyber faces aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:56 PM   #884
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
It's not that hard, people just don't want to put in the work to make roster moves. Cyber faces aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm not expecting what I said to actually happen, just hopeful. But what do you mean by your first sentence? Are you talking about scea not making that a priority? Or people not wanting to put in the effort to make the cyber faces actually look good (I know there are some very accurate faces created by people out there)?

Old 02-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #885
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
I'm not expecting what I said to actually happen, just hopeful. But what do you mean by your first sentence? Are you talking about scea not making that a priority? Or people not wanting to put in the effort to make the cyber faces actually look good (I know there are some very accurate faces created by people out there)?

I meant put in the work for player movement. I thought that's what you were talking about before I went back and re-read what you wrote. Just disregard it. Agreed there are plenty of people who do an excellent job with faces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 11:04 PM   #886
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Tw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I meant put in the work for player movement. I thought that's what you were talking about before I went back and re-read what you wrote. Just disregard it. Agreed there are plenty of people who do an excellent job with faces.

Yeah I wasn't agreeing with the first part of the guy I quoted. Player movement can be a hassle at times but it doesn't bother me at all really. I just pointed out that if they could find a way to have a "real life" picture for every official player in the game, it would cover up the not so great looking faces for most sections of the game. Since not everyone is good at creating faces (as hard as I try, mine absolutely suck lol).

Old 02-02-2015, 11:06 PM   #887
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Tw...

Quote:
Yeah I wasn't agreeing with the first part of the guy I quoted. Player movement can be a hassle at times but it doesn't bother me at all really. I just pointed out that if they could find a way to have a "real life" picture for every official player in the game, it would cover up the not so great looking faces for most sections of the game. Since not everyone is good at creating faces (as hard as I try, mine absolutely suck lol).

I know what you mean I just misunderstood your original post and that was my bad lol.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #888
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Tw...

Quote:

The reason generated faces were brought in was because they dont have a way to do what youre asking. No player, let alone team would allow "every" player to where hats for teams they dont play for at training camp when their photos are taken. The compromise was the cpu generated faces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »