Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2015, 06:10 AM   #809
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Well, but 15 pages of this huge thread is entirely just people asking/complaining about stadium roofs. I don't want to be the guy to "search feature" you, but you've been around long enough to know about it.

I don't see how it being one video game vs another would affect how the courts view ownership of tattoos. It's not as though one judge will say the law is one thing for Madden, but another for other games. Even if the court rules the player owns his tattoo at some point, the threat of even going to court in other cases is going to keep developers out. If Tiburon is scared enough of litigation to not add any tattoos without consent from the artist, don't you think it's a real threat and other developers would also tread lightly?

EDIT: Also the "own what you purchase" statement is way oversimplified. If you go to Disney and buy a bunch of Mickey Mouse logos/stickers, you can't turn around and slap them on another product and sell the product. That would be textbook copyright infringement. Even though you owned the stickers/logos.

A video game studio profiting off of potentially copyright-able original art (i.e. the Mickey Mouse sticker) is similarly copyright infringement if the artist is able to protect his designs.
You know what my friend I'm very familiar with that feature and guess what I have used it here too but you to some extent give the answer yourself, lot's of posts about it in an even bigger thread and I honestly didnt find the Ramon post. go ahead and try it yourself if my question, which has been answered very nicely, bothers you that much.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 02-02-2015, 06:31 AM   #810
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
How is that any different then negotiating a contract with a player adjusting money and years,you have always been able to do that in franchise mode. Sorry for being a bit confused. Please forgive me.
There is a chance im wrong been a bit since i played. I believe you are talking about negotiating a contract with a free agent. Thats not what this is. When you start a franchise players dont have the correct contracts. Idk if they do it that way for a gameplay reason. Or if they arent allowed to use the real life contracts. But now we can edit them so they are correct. At least thats how i believe it will work. As of now once a player is signed to contact we cant change anything about it until that contract is over. (this is the part i could be wrong about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
I'm sure u could treat it as so. It happens in real life so y not? just do it legit
MLB players dont restructure like Brady does. Hell i cant remember the last time a contract was restructured at all. MLBPA wont just let a player give money away. The restructure has to benefit the player. Now we could treat it as a player signing a new contract during the year. But The players wouldnt have any say in this. Im sure someone will make a thread for it though to keep things realistic/

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 02-02-2015 at 06:37 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:38 AM   #811
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Or hold I think I might know what edible contracts is. Is like restructuring a player's contract? Like Tom Brady did with the Patriots a little while back this past season? If so can you do it during the season in franchise mode?
First off, what you're going for is spelled e-d-i-t-a-b-l-e. It was funny making harmless jokes the first several times you posted about this using the incorrect word, but I seriously want to make sure you know the difference!

Edible means you can eat it.
Editable means you can edit/change it.

That out of the way, this new feature "editable contracts" helps you adjust contracts that are already on the books. Say Cole Hamels has 5 years left on his contract in the game, but it's at $3.6 million per year instead of closer to $25 million per year like in real life. If you want your team to have accurate budgets and contracts (many do want this badly), you will now be able to edit Hamels' contract so that it reflects the real life amount. Without this feature, you'd be forced to A) just not worry about it and play B) release him, make sure nobody else claims him, take a huge salary hit for cutting a guaranteed contract and then re-sign him to an accurate contract that he'd HOPEFULLY accept or C) waste a lot of time, stubs or both tinkering with ratings and beefing up team budgets.

If only we can edit team budgets too....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 06:39 AM   #812
MVP

OVR: 0

For the record, mvp 04 and 05 had that, plus 03, 2k5 had it as well.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:28 AM   #813
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
So when Russell said that grass and dirt will be updated for all MLB stadiums? Does he mean that the correct dirt colors and grass mow patterns will be in the game or did he mean that the dirt and grass textures themselves have been updated?
I'm going to guess, (and hope), that it's both. Mainly the latter though.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:30 AM   #814
Banned

I didn't see this asked, and it's probably a dumb question..... but will Thursday's stream be archived?
Old 02-02-2015, 08:38 AM   #815
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I didn't see this asked, and it's probably a dumb question..... but will Thursday's stream be archived?
Yes. If he didn't confirm in this thread somewhere, he did over on The Show Nation boards.
Quote:
+ piratesbballgeek on January 30th, 2015 at 7:50 am said:
Will you be posting the stream and/or highlights to youtube etc. because i need to know to determine if i should skip school for this.

+ Ramone Russell on January 30th, 2015 at 10:59 am said:
The stream will be archived, don’t skip school hit those books :-).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #816
Banned

Russell's promoting that knowledge getting... what a role model. LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »