Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #497
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

A few questions about Online Franchise.

Currently, injuries do not happen in simulated games... will this change? Please say yes.

Service Time was not accumulating correctly in 14. Players would only accrue about 120 days in a season when it should be 172 days.
Player contracts were being reset every time a player was sent to AAA as well. Contracts would revert to a 1 yr deal and value reset.

Will CPU Pitching rotations be reset each time a player is traded or injured , leading to the aces being used when tired repeatedly?

And in gameplay:

Will pitchers still take balls ricocheted off their face or chest and smoothly recover and throw the runner out?

Thanks! Looking forward to changes!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:55 AM   #498
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I played RTTS a lot last year and I got so tired of runners that I couldn't control being thrown out at home on my base hits. So many times I'd single to the outfield and my teammate on 2nd would run home and be thrown out. I basically had to have a guy on third for me to expect an RBI unless I got one in the gap. I'm not sure if it was a problem with runner speed, throw speed, or throw accuracy, but I'd expect more runners scored from 2nd with hits to the outfield. I didn't have that problem when I played exhibition or franchise games and I controlled the runners.

Any other RTTS'ers have this issue? Do you think this upgrade will address this:

New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners

I wonder what this is as well.
I had to use sliders to adjust the amount of getting thrown out at home as it was too much IMO. It just seemed like second to home as the main problem for me....not the other situations.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-30-2015, 11:06 AM   #499
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Just to be clear, Directional Hitting is OPTIONAL if you use the Timing mechanic? If you just press X, O or [] and don't move the L-stick, it won't negatively influence your ability to hit the pitch?
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-30-2015, 11:11 AM   #500
MVP

That's correct.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:12 AM   #501
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
New create-a-player first and last names
New play by play and color commentary content for the manager challenge system
Over 1,700 new lines of play-by-play content
Over 1,400 new lines of color commentary
Nice, nice, nice. Great updates to the commentary.

Regarding CaP first and Last names - wouldn't it be nice if, even though they don't have the rights to a lot of the minor league prospects to put them in the game, they at least got Matt V. and the PA voice actor to record their names? A lot of the names are already in the audio database, which is cool. But as a Cubs fan, I'd love to create a top catcher prospect, let's say for example I wanted to name him "Kyle Schwarber". How convenient would it be if the last name "Schwarber" just happened to already be in the Last Name audio database and available for CaP even though the actual prospect is a couple years away from seeing MLB service time?

I don't suppose there is any comment that Mr. Russell could comment on this... wouldn't want to upset the MLBPA, right?

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 01-30-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 11:14 AM   #502
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Just to be clear, Directional Hitting is OPTIONAL if you use the Timing mechanic? If you just press X, O or [] and don't move the L-stick, it won't negatively influence your ability to hit the pitch?
It will not affect you negatively.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:17 AM   #503
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It will not affect you negatively.
any input on online gameplay and modes for 15?
Old 01-30-2015, 11:17 AM   #504
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Just a little realism question : If we can have pine tar on our bats and helmets do we finally have some on our batting gloves ??
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »