Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2015, 07:01 AM   #465
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's pretty easy to tell where the ball is going based on location of the pitch and timing of the swing.

Not sure why they would change how it is now.

Not challenging your right to an opinion but I can safely assume that this isn't something that's been changed since this is the first I have ever seen this asked.

i just like how it looks when you can see the ball coming off the bat.
it looks like a real broadcast of the game. You could tell if its gonna be a homerun or not usually.

I remember playing hardball on the sega genesis, and that game had it in, and it looked great.
I also remember the nintendo baseball arcade game had it, and some other baseball arcade game that had the tracking ball and some weird looking playing stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 07:17 AM   #466
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
I fail to see why directional hitting is needed in a baseball Sim. Why not just swing earlier or later to pull or go the other way? Or swing under the pitch to get ball in air? I have played this way for years. That's real hitting. Directional hitting just seems like an arcade gimmick. To each their own, but its really not needed in The Show. Or maybe if doing timing only, that would be needed. That must be it.
That is exactly it. I play with timed hitting and it add's a layer of bat control to players rated high enough to take advantage of inside pitches, outside pitches, great high ball hitters, great low ball hitters etc.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 01-30-2015, 07:29 AM   #467
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is directional hitting going to be allowed online? I don't think it should be since it is essentially timing hitting, which isn't allowed online. How it should be
Old 01-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #468
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet

I'll just say I agree with nomo (and inevitably, Blzer ) on the cursor batting thing, and I'll leave it to them to articulate the opinion, since they are better at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
The PCI system is just flawed the way its implemented. Running in online leagues, we would have people who did zone hitting that kept their cursor in the middle and with the PCI being nowhere near the actual pitch location, would make OK contact or foul it off. This was on HOF difficulty.

Sure there were variances depending on the batter, but you could get by with just sitting in the middle of the zone, fouling off pitches (with bad hitters) nowhere near the PCI bubble, waiting for a mistake.

You can call the Pro Spirits way a mini-game, but I'd rather have something that bordered on all or nothing and was dynamic to where it hit on the cursor. If I put the cursor on the bottom half of the ball and fouled it back, I'll take that feedback over being completely off with the PCI and making the same contact.
This has nothing to do with the PCI. It's a disguise for another problem, which is a ridiculous amount of lenience while batting, targeted towards casual gamers. The problem would still probably exist with cursor batting. The solution is not to do away with the PCI, but to just make the higher difficulty levels more challenging like they are supposed to be. Currently I can go on legend and make contact on just about anything as long as my timing was decent. It should not be that way on the hardest possible difficulty level. Period.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:57 AM   #469
Rookie

Improved quick count but doesn't say if you can turn it off depending on situation. Like facing a particular batter, runners on base, late in a close game and so on.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #470
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordiques1995
Improved quick count but doesn't say if you can turn it off depending on situation. Like facing a particular batter, runners on base, late in a close game and so on.
I don't think the way that it is coded allows for that.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-30-2015, 08:20 AM   #471
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordiques1995
I get why you'd want this, but I'm also not sure why at the same time. The point of quick counts is to speed up the game and put you in situations you wouldn't be in otherwise. For example, it's super easy to bunt in a video game. You rarely, if ever, get to 2 strikes while bunting. With quick counts, you may be put into the situation where you'd have to decide to bunt or swing away with 2 strikes. I think it just adds to the realism in so many ways.

Many don't like to be put in those types of situations because it interferes with proper baseball strategy. We all got used to 'gimme' runs because it's too easy to hit that sac fly or bunt someone over a base. I prefer it because players fail to execute all the time. They fail at a much higher rate than you see in video games, so this tips the balance back towards simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #472
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

seems like no one has even begun to mention the Manager challenge system.. on close calls... is NO ONE interested in this???

i know just over my last season i has several game changing home plate calls that caused me to have critical runs taken off my side of the score card... if the review system were in place i could have challenged them if i saw something that was on my side of the call...

i really see the cpu using this a great deal more than we will as human users that is my opinion...

this also means that they must have revamped the umpire call logic if that is possible... i know they have for balls and strikes on the black. so i guess that means that they can even address the at the base call logic... very interesting...

looking forward to seeing how is has been done and implamented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »