Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2015, 08:47 AM   #473
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

It is very interesting! Because of being visually impaired, I asked if something visual was shown in order to challenge a call. I was told that on close calls, the manager would come out automatically, then as the replay is being shown, you press square to challenge, or circle to not challenge. Can't wait to try it!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:59 AM   #474
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's pretty easy to tell where the ball is going based on location of the pitch and timing of the swing.
Which is the way it should be. That's realistic. Case in point, when I'm playing ball IRL, especially like center field; if I see the batter (for argument sake he'll be right handed) is timing the swing early, I'll cheat to LF, OR if he's timing it a little late, I'll cheat to RF.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:15 AM   #475

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Which is the way it should be. That's realistic. Case in point, when I'm playing ball IRL, especially like center field; if I see the batter (for argument sake he'll be right handed) is timing the swing early, I'll cheat to LF, OR if he's timing it a little late, I'll cheat to RF.

I wouldn't say that, it wouldn't be for me but I didn't understand they were suggesting it pauses while the view shifts.

To each their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #476
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I get why you'd want this, but I'm also not sure why at the same time. The point of quick counts is to speed up the game and put you in situations you wouldn't be in otherwise. For example, it's super easy to bunt in a video game. You rarely, if ever, get to 2 strikes while bunting. With quick counts, you may be put into the situation where you'd have to decide to bunt or swing away with 2 strikes. I think it just adds to the realism in so many ways.

Many don't like to be put in those types of situations because it interferes with proper baseball strategy. We all got used to 'gimme' runs because it's too easy to hit that sac fly or bunt someone over a base. I prefer it because players fail to execute all the time. They fail at a much higher rate than you see in video games, so this tips the balance back towards simulation.
The reason I want that, because it speed up the game. It's like simulating the game without really doing it. You can jump to the next half inning but I don't want that. I want to play the game. Bottom of the 8th at home leading by 2 points, I want to jump right to the 9th and close the game without simulating. As the Blue Jays I want quick count for my 7th, 8th, 9th hitters. But play the full at-bat with Bautista, Encarnacion and Martin.

In Madden, the accelerated clock is a cool feature, where you can play 15 minutes quarter in reasonnable Time. In hockey, 10 minutes periods but the powerplay are real Time 2 minutes or 4 or 5.

So quick count is a cool feature but sometimes I would like to play the at-bat with a fresh count.

Simulating the game without really doing it. And some situation like you mentioned.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #477
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I wouldn't say that, it wouldn't be for me but I didn't understand they were suggesting it pauses while the view shifts.

To each their own.
I getcha now.. (However you gotta think physics wise, if you got a RH swinging early at an inside pitch, there's NO way that's going to RF). just saying.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:33 AM   #478
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
seems like no one has even begun to mention the Manager challenge system.. on close calls... is NO ONE interested in this???

I can't wait to challenge calls!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:37 AM   #479
Just started!

Smile Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No the option did not return, but someone mentioned it during community day back in November and Clayton turned it completely off I believe.
So does that mean that will be able to see the ball go into the stands at all times, instead of watching the player close up and admire his moonshot. I must tell you..not being able to see the no doubt moon shots in last year's game was a huge disappointment. So..since the you say that Clayton turned it completely off I believe, that means that will see the no doubt homeruns go into the stands like we see on TV?
Old 01-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #480
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
seems like no one has even begun to mention the Manager challenge system.. on close calls... is NO ONE interested in this???
Zero interest in being able to challenge since I only play RttS. Actually, I wonder if the AI manager will challenge on close plays given players won't be able to.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »