Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2015, 02:51 AM   #457
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I'm pretty sure that was added because of the feedback from community day in November. Guys correct me if I'm wrong.
How do you think edited contracts and the vastly improved trade logic will work together? Don't you think that edited contracts will mess up the trade logic?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:53 AM   #458
Banned

OVR: 0
anyone know what the glove brand is? nike I know is one what are the other 3?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:58 AM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 7
I fail to see why directional hitting is needed in a baseball Sim. Why not just swing earlier or later to pull or go the other way? Or swing under the pitch to get ball in air? I have played this way for years. That's real hitting. Directional hitting just seems like an arcade gimmick. To each their own, but its really not needed in The Show. Or maybe if doing timing only, that would be needed. That must be it.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:12 AM   #460
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
I am really curious about this as well. So I second this question Mr. Russell.
Agree the incorrect future schedule is in need of a fix.

Appreciate we don't know exact schedules but we do know the teams and divisions that rotate every year.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:51 AM   #461
Rookie

marbury's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Like every year I'm hoping for baserunner gloves. I have never seen Ichiro running the bases without wearing his gloves
大谷 翔平 #17
Shohei Ohtani
It's ThaGreatMuta
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 04:59 AM   #462
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I don't think that's a very realistic way to reflect the mechanism of hitting in real life (insert Blzer's upcoming tome on hitting and baseball game as a reference).... but, who knows, given that some people seem very adamant in that style of hitting in video baseball game, you might get your wish at some point.

I think the PCI is much more realistic way to replicate the real-life approach of hitting than cursor-based system. The cursor-based hitting becomes more like playing a shooting game, and not baseball hitting. But that's just my opinion.
The PCI system is just flawed the way its implemented. Running in online leagues, we would have people who did zone hitting that kept their cursor in the middle and with the PCI being nowhere near the actual pitch location, would make OK contact or foul it off. This was on HOF difficulty.

Sure there were variances depending on the batter, but you could get by with just sitting in the middle of the zone, fouling off pitches (with bad hitters) nowhere near the PCI bubble, waiting for a mistake.

You can call the Pro Spirits way a mini-game, but I'd rather have something that bordered on all or nothing and was dynamic to where it hit on the cursor. If I put the cursor on the bottom half of the ball and fouled it back, I'll take that feedback over being completely off with the PCI and making the same contact.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 01-30-2015 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 AM   #463
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Is Sounds of the Show/custom music still in the PS3 version?
Old 01-30-2015, 06:00 AM   #464
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0

Just finished reading all 47 pages in this thread. I was excited last year for the first show on ps4. Now it seems I'm even more excited for this years version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »