Home

Should the Calvin Johnson Rule Be 'In The Game' (Madden 15)

This is a discussion on Should the Calvin Johnson Rule Be 'In The Game' (Madden 15) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-14-2015, 11:53 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Should the Calvin Johnson Rule Be 'In The Game' (Madden 15)

Nope. Because if they have any sense, they will change that rule this offseason!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...112-story.html

OR AT LEAST GET CONSISTANT

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...4-16a799df3cb2

If at 1:45 highlight is ruled a fumble, then Dez was certainly down inside the 1 yard line!

Last edited by hustlehard0785; 01-15-2015 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:02 AM   #58
Just started!

No I dnt like this made up rule to give a win to the home team that paided for a win. Because it's a catch all day.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:01 AM   #59
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
It would be difficult to add something like this into madden, without people complaining about it happening too many times. Also that play in yesterdays game (as well as the Calvin Johnson play)is a judgement call. When I saw the play I thought Dez Bryant made a football move when he lundged to the goal line which should have resulted in a spectacular catch, dive, fumble at 1/2 yard line and a recovery in the end zone.....

Should it be in the game? Yes.... Does "its in the game" even matters anymore? Which brings me to even if the play was in the game.... Would the correct challenge be in the list of challenges available to pick from??...
Getting 2 feet down while falling forward does not constitute making a standing catch and being a ball carrier, the football move does not come into play her because Dez was going to the ground immediately. By going to the ground he has to maintain posession throughout. There is no interpretation here. If Dez would have came down on his feet and actually made a move towared the endzone, you would be correct. But just because he is athletic enough to change his direction while coming down still doesn't change that he was always going to the ground the entire way, nothing was a judgement call. The ball hit the ground and popped out.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:05 AM   #60
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I echo most everyone else here and say "No". These things always feel a bit forced to me. As a off-line player, I have hated the Challenge System in every football game I have played....and that includes NCAA and 2K5. 90% of the time it is an obvious call with zero suspense, and amounts to a frustrating button mashing waste of time. And then you have those cases where the replay doesn't even get an obvious call correct....which I believe are glitches caused by the replay system itself. So I could see all sorts of issues and side effects if they tried to implement the Calvin Johnson rule.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #61
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlehard0785
Nope. Because if they have any sense, they will change that rule this offseason!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...112-story.html

OR AT LEAST GET CONSISTANT

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...4-16a799df3cb2

If at 1:45 highlight is ruled a fumble, then Dez was certainly down inside the 1 yard line!
Huge difference. The Bengal remained standing and made a move to the endzone. Dez altered his body on the way down but never came down standing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #62
Rookie

SGNN's Arena

YES - This should implement this rule in the game as long as it is a real rule in the NFL.

We play sport video games to simulate the real game.

@SGNNeSports
Old 01-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 8
EA can not get penalties right, you expect them to implement this rule correctly #nochance
Old 01-15-2015, 05:00 PM   #64
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

absolutley not. It's a dumb rule that shouldn't be in the NFL at all. Much less Madden. Lets try and get holding, false starts, offsides, and pass interference right first. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »