Home

Should the Calvin Johnson Rule Be 'In The Game' (Madden 15)

This is a discussion on Should the Calvin Johnson Rule Be 'In The Game' (Madden 15) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2015, 01:33 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
All they'd have to do is give these kind of events an appropriate probability of occurring.

All-Pro Football 2K8 had bobbled snaps, dropped hand-offs, blocked kicks, and bad snaps flying way overhead. Plus in bad weather, there would be plays where the athletes just slipped and fell down. But those things happened so rarely in APF 2K8 that they were just cool and interesting when they occurred, not frustrating.

A little randomness, even if the random event punishes the player, can go a long way towards making a sports game feel more tense and exciting.
True.... I didn't play AP2K8 too many times to notice the randomness in which you speak of, but I can see if they do add something like this.... It could work.

I think EA is won't add new features that could drastically change the game... For fear of the backlash (looking at you QB cones). I myself even loved the "fight for the ball" (mashing buttons like track&field... People thought that was too video game-ish.... I don't know add the feature and give the user the options of keeping, removing or modifying the amount of times we see it during a game or season for that matter.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:43 AM   #34
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
A bit off topic, but even if that's ruled a catch. The Packers, led by one of the best QB's of all time would have received the ball with over 3 minutes left needing a FG to win, and we all saw how easily Rodgers marched us up and down the field the entire 4 QTR. Including our final drive after the no-catch. Point being we win that game regardless.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:49 AM   #35
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
They can't even get replay right in Madden, there's no way they do this correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 02:00 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
A bit off topic, but even if that's ruled a catch. The Packers, led by one of the best QB's of all time would have received the ball with over 3 minutes left needing a FG to win, and we all saw how easily Rodgers marched us up and down the field the entire 4 QTR. Including our final drive after the no-catch. Point being we win that game regardless.
the best qb's of all time??? i think you may be pushing it buddy
Old 01-13-2015, 02:52 AM   #37
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
They need to get the most basic penalties, rules and replay system in the game first.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:47 AM   #38
Banned

I would like to see the real penalties you see on tv in a football game i.e. holding offense or defense. Pass interference offensive and defensive I would crap my pants if I actually saw just the penalties in a game! I'm tired of the roughing the passer and face mask calls that are the only penalties I see in Madden and very frequently during a game! They need put a option in if you want all penalties in the game your playing or none. No more sliders adjusting! Apparently the slider adjustment isnt helping with the penalty situation! The consoles Ps4 and Xbox one are supposedly the most powerful systems ever,there is no excuse anymore that the systems aren't powerful enough! Apparently most Madden gamers out there care about the whole penalty situation! EA sports never has and never will listen to the customer base! We are the ones spending are hard earned money year after year on this game,and EA could care less! I guess people want more of arcade game rather then a true simulation! I don't think we are ever going to see a true simulation football video game! I gave up on that wish along time ago! It is what it is!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:44 AM   #39
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Should the Calvin Johnson Rule Be 'In The Game' (Madden 15)

There are way to many things that need to be addressed before something like this should be in the game. I mean come on, EA can't even get the penalty or challenge system to work.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:23 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3
It would be a common occurence in an EA game. The common factor is two great recievers making great catches. In Madden anyone that can make a play on the ball has the same set of catch animations. Outside of inconsistent throwing animations and faces there is very little differece in players. Implement penalties and bring back weapons and passing cone. Individuality is needed to setup the circumstances to make the play viabe I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »