Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-11-2015, 12:22 AM   #233
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

I just don't really know if sports games will ever get good, non-repetitive commentary. I think the key lies in tying the commentary to on-field performances and having it relate to situations as the season progresses and even beyond. For example, the announcers referring to the MVP of previous seasons, World Series champions, retirements, etc. And not just a ****** mention, but discussing specifics. Again, I'm not sure if this will ever really be possible.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 01-11-2015, 01:12 AM   #234
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I just don't really know if sports games will ever get good, non-repetitive commentary. I think the key lies in tying the commentary to on-field performances and having it relate to situations as the season progresses and even beyond. For example, the announcers referring to the MVP of previous seasons, World Series champions, retirements, etc. And not just a ****** mention, but discussing specifics. Again, I'm not sure if this will ever really be possible.
Depends on the algorithms at hand. I mean it is unbelievable what Siri can do, though it's obviously very disjointed sounding.

As long as they have enough memory to make it happen and the commentators devote their time to make it happen, anything can happen indeed. Of course, if it was easy, we would have seen something evolve close to it in the past twenty years.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-11-2015, 01:25 AM   #235
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I remember the old pre-game where they announced the line-up. I've often wondered why they took that out. It could be there where the announcers makes some interesting comments.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 01:26 AM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled F...

At a certain point it may be better to just hire voice actors to do it. It would certainly be easier and more cost effective.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:33 AM   #237
MVP

All great points, either way, can't wait to hear some difference! Blzer, those guys were awesome! I loved the conversations during the loadings! Remember when Tim was ordering food and told Jim it was traffic!
Old 01-11-2015, 05:35 AM   #238
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

It's not Matt. V it's the script lines!!!!

If they just went through and got rid of the same tired script lines we have been hearing since 07 it would go a long way to make the commentary sound more fresh and appealing

Even if they just reworded the lines and delivered it in a different way it would help improve it

If I have to hear Matt say the 58 foot breaking ball line again I'm going to go crazy

Last edited by DodgerFanatic2K3; 01-11-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:07 AM   #239
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
All great points, either way, can't wait to hear some difference! Blzer, those guys were awesome! I loved the conversations during the loadings! Remember when Tim was ordering food and told Jim it was traffic!
Well, that other guy was Jimmy Shorts, who is hilarious all on his own (not necessarily a sportscaster by any means though haha, just comedic relief all the way through). Plus, that would be the next generation of games. Tim Kitzrow began with NFL Blitz in the arcade/PSX days. I guess we could even throw Dan Stevens/Peter O'Keefe around in this conversation since NFL 2K came out in 1999.

Jim Hughson did the old Triple Play and NHL games.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-11-2015, 09:08 AM   #240
MVP

Oh yeah, you're right, I had that backwards! lol, I used to quit games and go back to loading screens in slugfest just to hear the different stories! If only we could have skits like that during the shows loading times, Matt V would be funny, because he's awesome on hot stove.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »