Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #313
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

I was merely pointing out the amount of players hence, the amount of work it will be. I believe they do multitask already, no?

And I'm not saying I don't want face and body scans - that would be awesome. But I think there are more respectful ways to say it other than by calling out the developers saying as long as we have them we'll always have fat catchers. I think they listen as much to what their customers want as anyone, and put out a quality game ever year. Can't say that about many developers.

By the way, I know you weren't the one that made the statement, so sorry for my rant on your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Or... or... do both. Multitask San Diego!

Last edited by Joey; 01-17-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:58 PM   #314
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Are you suggesting that one year they just forget trying to improve the game anywhere else and instead work on scanning 800+ players?
They already do that for the faces so doing full body scans isn't that far removed from their current process.

I was always under the impression that the lack of things like all-star uniforms and more varied body types was because the PS3 had a minuscule amount of RAM and couldn't handle more than x amount of unique objects on screen, not that there wasn't enough dev time or manpower or anything of that nature.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #315
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
They already do that for the faces so doing full body scans isn't that far removed from their current process.

I was always under the impression that the lack of things like all-star uniforms and more varied body types was because the PS3 had a minuscule amount of RAM and couldn't handle more than x amount of unique objects on screen, not that there wasn't enough dev time or manpower or anything of that nature.
Some faces look horrible though.

Sent From My Galaxy S7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #316
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce

Sent From My Galaxy S7
Because some faces aren't scanned. Manny Machado is an example. Also faces are scanned in spring training a year before the game drops.

Example: most of MLB 14's face scans were done in Spring Training 2013. Some players don't due the face scans. They either aren't at the facility when they are being done or they choose not to do a scan.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 01-17-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #317
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce

Sent From My Galaxy S7
ala Todd Frazier and Marlon "Fat Boy??" Byrd
Old 01-17-2015, 08:27 PM   #318
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Because some faces aren't scanned. Manny Machado is an example. Also faces are scanned in spring training a year before the game drops.

Example: most of MLB 14's face scans were done in Spring Training 2013. Some players don't due the face scans. They either aren't at the facility when they are being done or they choose not to do a scan.
Some that are scanned still look bad, like Buster Posey.

And even the ones that they can't get scanned, they could at least do a better job at creating them.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #319
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Some that are scanned still look bad, like Buster Posey.

And even the ones that they can't get scanned, they could at least do a better job at creating them.
Some of 2K15's scans are bad as well. Maybe SCEA's art team isn't as talented at creating faces like some people are on OS.............can you personally do a better job yourself?
Old 01-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #320
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Some of 2K15's scans are bad as well. Maybe SCEA's art team isn't as talented at creating faces like some people are on OS.............can you personally do a better job yourself?

Lmao, I can definitely do a better job at creating the faces they don't scan.

And the faces that 2k doesn't scan, they still do a decent job at creating them and you can still tell what player it is, meanwhile In the show, players that aren't scanned look like they've been assigned any random face that matches their skin tone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »