Home

Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense

This is a discussion on Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Question for folks... I hope I'm missing something

Is it possible to look at my opponent's individual player ratings after starting a game? If so, how/where?

When adjusting my defensive settings, there are players I'm just not that familiar with, and thus don't know how to defend them until after they've done some damage.
Box score -> Choose player - Click right stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 03:54 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2
I only ever control the C on defense, have done that since I got right into CH 2k8 and just continued doing so once I started with 2k11 and since. I can play on ball just fine, but prefer sticking with one player and patrolling the paint. Gotta love being told you're playing the game the wrong way though, because you know, it's just a game after all hehe
Old 01-02-2015, 04:29 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 3

Spoiler

Old 01-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #44
Just started!

I like these tips. I reach I lot because I can't seem to get lane steals . My guy always reacts weirdly like he catches the it doesn't , or I get tipped pass and it goes right to the offense
Old 01-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #45
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
Mixing on ball and off ball is one thing, but blatantly telling people to play off ball defense is flat out lazy defense. That is horrible. If you are gonna play off ball defense because you can't stick with your guy you need to work on your defense not play more off ball. Off ball should be a last resort style defense or switch to a guy right before they pass for a steal not 100% of the time
This line of thinking baffles me. What are u soo worried about? Why can't i use the center and stick with him(I don't really do that cuz I still get torched). are u worried that i might try to play help defense and block the shot? The game has evolved to the point where u have to pick ur poison.
If i switch to a perimeter on-ball defender while the ball handler is making a move, he's gonna blow right by me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #46
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

I can exploit most guys who only control their bigs just by running pick and roll/pick and pop with the man they are guarding.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #47
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
I can exploit most guys who only control their bigs just by running pick and roll/pick and pop with the man they are guarding.
Yes, Exactly. You should use what ever style of defense you prefer, unless you're trying to take advantage of a glitch or exploit.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #48
Pro

Good defense doesn't matter, because the CPU (on All Star), with Simulation sliders (45 midrange), and defense gather/release at 60 will hit contested shots and make every shot. Ramon Sessions turned into Steph Curry against me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »