Home

Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense

This is a discussion on Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-27-2014, 01:17 AM   #33
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
So what are the controls to not feel on skates them?
Just like real life my brother, side stepping lateral movement, different angles trapping player's clogging the lane.

I hope that was not to much info I'm given away all my technique.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:07 AM   #34
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
So what are the controls to not feel on skates them?
There are none. These were some of the same issues that occurred on last gen and unfortunately still occur on this gen. If you couple that with the overall sluggishness of input execution, it leaves you out of position when attempting to make even the slightest of movements.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #35
Rookie

If your playing simulation the cpu is going to score there points, you just have to be able to keep up and hope that your skill as a user can outplay them for a stretch or the end of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 06:20 AM   #36
Just started!

I play off ball D - must be a cheeser. Some of you dudes need to get a grip, its a game. One people are free to play however they like. Sim elitists strike again.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:09 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 14

Funny how they got rid of the colored circle that used to show up under your opponent to see the actual guy they where using on defense. Cheesers influence?
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Old 12-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #38
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
My biggest problem with defense is the CPU failing to recognize when to switch, whether in pick and rolls, transition, back screens or whatever. Once that happens, I find myself scrambling to plug holes, and inevitably someone is wide open under the basket. Even when I set my preferences to Switch on picks, the players don't usually follow those instructions consistently, so you never have that feeling of trust with your teammates. There's only a few times a game where I truly find it frustrating, but in a close game it's obviously much harder to take.

For me, the biggest keys to defending are:

1) Never jump for blocks unless you're defending an open layup. Otherwise, you'll be watching a lot of FTAs all game, especially since the patch.

2) Never reach unless you're a small guarding a big.

3) Don't rely on the LT defensive help. I find it significantly slows my player down laterally, so I really just use it when I think my opponent's about to shoot.

4) Always immediately switch to a rebounder after every shot. This is really hard to focus on for a full game, but it helps immensely if you can train yourself to do it consistently.

5) On PnR defense, I always control the big man. It allows me to try and clog passing lanes, while still hopefully blocking the PGs path to the lane. Doesn't always work, but I've had better luck with that than trying to fight through screens with the small guy.

6) When guarding someone who is driving, try to pick a spot likely in their path and beat them to it. I'm more than willing to give them space for a jumper, rather than trying to stay 2 inches away and letting them turn the corner on me time and time again.

Just things that work for me, but everyone plays differently.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #39
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

No matter how much tips your given...you still have to complete the games. if the problems are lateral movement on defense, help defense, rebounding...you have to make sure to set up practice so you build the team and players up.
Either you sim a few games, but don't quite out of frustration, set practice and the game will slowly will play better.

Tip's are sometimes good, but everyone play's different.

The arrow under your feet sometimes could be you're best friend, use it now and then.

Last edited by madmax52277; 12-29-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #40
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Question for folks... I hope I'm missing something

Is it possible to look at my opponent's individual player ratings after starting a game? If so, how/where?

When adjusting my defensive settings, there are players I'm just not that familiar with, and thus don't know how to defend them until after they've done some damage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »