Home

More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & More

This is a discussion on More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #273
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
People are so sensitive I almost hate to post anything remotely controversial but for me, speaking only for myself, I do not use third party rosters and if they don't fix game play to generate a more realistic amount of offense I will not purchase the Show 15.

If they can get that fixed and spend programmer time figuring out how make it easier on the people who put together third party rosters then that's great. If the game is completely finished, game play is fine, franchise mode is fine, everything is peachy and they have programmers sitting around with nothing to do, then placate the people who put together third party rosters.

Their mistake in the Show 14 ps4 was trying to placate too many people who were pulling them in too many directions and failing to release a game which plays like MLB baseball between the lines.

It was obvious that, with the addition of PS4 and the time and resources it takes for the new console, there were quite a few more loose ends upon the release of the game than I've seen in the recent iterations of The Show, but the game itself plays totally fine between the lines, at least for offline modes.

In many ways, the gameplay actually got significantly better in MLB 14 than MLB 13 (which I didn't enjoy much offline... the hitting timing felt too weird for me).

I don't know what game you have been playing, the way you have been complaining.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #274
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & Mor

I will say it one more time.

You can absolutely keep carrying created rosters over. It takes a little work and a system. But it can be done until if/when they get roster carryover (not Franchise/Season/RTTS) implemented.

Here is what I am doing for all the awesome classic rosters made for 14.

1. Create a season (32 team control) using the 1996 (for example) roster Baumy made. Do not start the season just create it and save to cloud. Mark the date I created the file (since we can't custom name our save files yet. Hint hint SCEA). DL from cloud onto 15. Now I can always start a new season replay using this season save file on 15.

Not only that but I am carrying over the ones I already started too (1996, OS All Time). But I am creating what I call "Master files" with all the various rosters I have collected so I can just dive in and start new seasons whenever I want on MLB 15.

Let's say you don't want to wait for a new OSFM for 15. Simply wait till the off-season OSFM (V3 with all the edits etc) to be final, DL it. Set up a franchise file with it then upload it without starting spring training, then DL it to 15 and bam you can start a new franchise with Edited updated OSFM rosters without waiting 30-45 days.

It just takes a little effort and a notebook to log all your file dates so you know which is which.

A perfect example is the 1987 90 man roster Jethrotull is finishing up. I want to always have that file for future versions. I will simply create a master franchise save file for it that I will always carry over game to game along with my existing in progress save file.

This feature is a godsend.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 12-28-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #275
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
It was obvious that, with the addition of PS4 and the time and resources it takes for the new console, there were quite a few more loose ends upon the release of the game than I've seen in the recent iterations of The Show, but the game itself plays totally fine between the lines, at least for offline modes.

In many ways, the gameplay actually got significantly better in MLB 14 than MLB 13 (which I didn't enjoy much offline... the hitting timing felt too weird for me).

I don't know what game you have been playing, the way you have been complaining.
Are you playing manage mode? Are you using default sliders?
Old 12-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #276
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Are you playing manage mode? Are you using default sliders?

How obnoxious, though very predictable of you! :P

I think you obviously know the answers to these questions...

Very few people play MoM with The Show (I wouldn't be surprised at all if the mode gets scratched... I think it would certainly have been if not for Knight's positive presence in the community throughout the years).

The closest I come to playing MoM every year is to play CPU vs. CPU games, which is mostly equivalent to MoM under the hood, and this year's game plays fine though it needed a couple minor slider adjustments. The CPU gameplay certainly isn't as broken as you want to believe it is.

Also, It is actually not true that The Show produces the most realistic MLB results with the sliders at default. The recent iterations of The Show has always been tuned to produce noticeably less walks in favor of more hits (which is intentionally done by the devs), so if you really cared about the gameplay in MoM, then some small slider adjustment has always been necessary, unfortunately. Most simply don't notice it since walks are less noticeable than batting average, (which is the reason why OBP has been so discounted over batting average even in MLB...)

I know all this is waste of time with you, but I'm just setting the record straight for random lurkers in this forum! MLB 14 wasn't really broken!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #277
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
How obnoxious, though very predictable of you! :P

I think you obviously know the answers to these questions...

Very few people play MoM with The Show (I wouldn't be surprised at all if the mode gets scratched... I think it would certainly have been if not for Knight's positive presence in the community throughout the years).

The closest I come to playing MoM every year is to play CPU vs. CPU games, which is mostly equivalent to MoM under the hood, and this year's game plays fine though it needed a couple minor slider adjustments. The CPU gameplay certainly isn't as broken as you want to believe it is.

Also, It is actually not true that The Show produces the most realistic MLB results with the sliders at default. The recent iterations of The Show has always been tuned to produce noticeably less walks in favor of more hits (which is intentionally done by the devs), so if you really cared about the gameplay in MoM, then some small slider adjustment has always been necessary, unfortunately. Most simply don't notice it since walks are less noticeable than batting average, (which is the reason why OBP has been so discounted over batting average even in MLB...)

I know all this is waste of time with you, but I'm just setting the record straight for random lurkers in this forum! MLB 14 wasn't really broken!
Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #278
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
People are so sensitive I almost hate to post anything remotely controversial but for me, speaking only for myself, I do not use third party rosters and if they don't fix game play to generate a more realistic amount of offense I will not purchase the Show 15.

If they can get that fixed and spend programmer time figuring out how make it easier on the people who put together third party rosters then that's great. If the game is completely finished, game play is fine, franchise mode is fine, everything is peachy and they have programmers sitting around with nothing to do, then placate the people who put together third party rosters.

Their mistake in the Show 14 ps4 was trying to placate too many people who were pulling them in too many directions and failing to release a game which plays like MLB baseball between the lines.
I'm not even sure what you are talking about.
"Third party" roster editors aren't getting anything specifically programmed for them.
We will be taking an option made to give users a year to year franchise carry over and re-work it to an ad-hoc roster tool.
(actually "we" won't be doing anything.....if you have all the versions dating back to when the roster you want was created for.....the end user will have to take it and carry it over in a franchise save from version to version)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #279
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm not even sure what you are talking about.
"Third party" roster editors aren't getting anything specifically programmed for them.
We will be taking an option made to give users a year to year franchise carry over and re-work it to an ad-hoc roster tool.
(actually "we" won't be doing anything.....if you have all the versions dating back to when the roster you want was created for.....the end user will have to take it and carry it over in a franchise save from version to version)

M.K.
Knight165
We both know this, but its best to let him say his piece and not respond. It just goes in an endless circle.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #280
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
See....this is thinking INSIDE the box....and you obviously didn't think it through.....sort of.

Yes....for a brand new roster set, for someone starting from scratch. Year to year saves is not the feature you need.

BUT....

If you want to take an existing roster set...and just add new players and tweak it...WITHOUT having to do EVERYTHING over again...or a historical roster set....where the things mentioned don't matter....and you don't want to redo it year after year after year......(editing the roster)
Then...you take a feature introduced for carrying over your franchise year to year and use it for something it was not intended for...but with advantages of having a library of edited rosters to use.

Take the OSFM 14.....you can't just take it to '15. But you can edit it...get everyone on the right team....add in new players...adjust...start a franchise in '14....save....cloud...d/l and start in in '15.

Want the great 1987 set? Oh...it's for '14....he's not doing AGAIN this year for '15?....see above.

(now let's just hope it will work that way!)

M.K.
Knight165

This trick works great if you want to transfer over a saved roster into MLB 15. But what about if - rather than having it on your system as a "saved game" in 15, you actually indeed need it as a roster FILE? This would be for an online franchise. If I want to use the latest OSFM to upload in MLB 15 for an online franchise. I am guessing it won't work, as I won't ever actually have the file in the format needed for upload in 15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »