Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #145
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Well the shoes don't really matter on MyPlayer since it switches everything to team color. Needless to say NBA Live is KILLING 2k when it comes to accessories and shoes.
Guess I should have labeled my comments about shoes and hairstyles with a SARCASM label. I could give two craps about proper shoes and hairstyles -- I want an offline game that's realistic.

2K still isn't delivering a realistic single-player game, even after the vaunted patch. The rebounding advantage still is so tilted toward the CPU, especially offensive rebounds, even when I set my defensive tendency toward crashing the glass.

I don't understand why 2K is bathed in such a lovefest by gamers and the gaming media. It's a solid game, but it's nowhere near the most realistic team sports game. FIFA 15 and PES 2015 are both streets better as soccer sims.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 0

A lot of these things are so easily addressed with sliders. Rebounding bother you? change the sliders...it actually works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #147
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Guess I should have labeled my comments about shoes and hairstyles with a SARCASM label. I could give two craps about proper shoes and hairstyles -- I want an offline game that's realistic.

2K still isn't delivering a realistic single-player game, even after the vaunted patch. The rebounding advantage still is so tilted toward the CPU, especially offensive rebounds, even when I set my defensive tendency toward crashing the glass.

I don't understand why 2K is bathed in such a lovefest by gamers and the gaming media. It's a solid game, but it's nowhere near the most realistic team sports game. FIFA 15 and PES 2015 are both streets better as soccer sims.
I know you were I was just pointing out if they can't do simple stuff like that don't expect major stuff to be addressed any time soon. Maybe 2k19 lol.

But to your other part, 2k has really been the only b-ball game since 05-06 (last time Live was actually good). When game companies don't have competition they clearly don't care to put out the best game possible year after year. With 2k you can make an argument they have taken out things that made the game good year after year instead of the other way around.

I still good back and play 2k10, IMO the best 2k they ever made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1975
A lot of these things are so easily addressed with sliders. Rebounding bother you? change the sliders...it actually works.

You can't adjust sliders in MyPlayer
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 12-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ahh. My bad. Haven't entered that mode.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #149
All Star

Icon12 Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1975

No kidding? I never knew games had sliders.

The whole point of a patch should be to make sliders optional to suit individual tastes, not as a mandatory fix for hard-coded gameplay flaws.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #150
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

Quote:
No kidding? I never knew games had sliders.

The whole point of a patch should be to make sliders optional to suit individual tastes, not as a mandatory fix for hard-coded gameplay flaws.

Funny how this works. Game isn't balanced to suit YOUR style and tastes, so that makes it a "hard-coded game flaw". I would guess that if sliders do intact address the issue, then it clearly isn't hard coded. Some people think it's balanced well enough. What makes your opinion more valid than the next guys? And we are talking opinion here. The fact of the matter was that the CPU would go for a putback pretty much 99% of the time. After the patch, that was definitely not the case. So to say they didn't do anything is not true. But if that isn't enough for you, that's fair too. Then again, you think FIFA represents soccer realistically but it's bathed in its own issues.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #151
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Funny how this works. Game isn't balanced to suit YOUR style and tastes, so that makes it a "hard-coded game flaw". I would guess that if sliders do intact address the issue, then it clearly isn't hard coded. Some people think it's balanced well enough. What makes your opinion more valid than the next guys? And we are talking opinion here. The fact of the matter was that the CPU would go for a putback pretty much 99% of the time. After the patch, that was definitely not the case. So to say they didn't do anything is not true. But if that isn't enough for you, that's fair too. Then again, you think FIFA represents soccer realistically but it's bathed in its own issues.
Child, please. One of the biggest single-player complaints of the 2K series out of the box the last two to three years has been excessive offensive rebounding by the CPU. If you don't know or see that, then you're not paying attention.

It's not an opinion; it's a statistics-based FACT that should have been noticed and fixed in playtesting.

FIFA is not the perfect sim. Far from it. But it simulates soccer -- especially the breakneck pace of the English Premier League -- very well. PES 2015 simulates the more tactical play of other world leagues very, very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #152
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Child, please. One of the biggest single-player complaints of the 2K series out of the box the last two to three years has been excessive offensive rebounding by the CPU. If you don't know or see that, then you're not paying attention.

It's not an opinion; it's a statistics-based FACT that should have been noticed and fixed in playtesting.

FIFA is not the perfect sim. Far from it. But it simulates soccer -- especially the breakneck pace of the English Premier League -- very well. PES 2015 simulates the more tactical play of other world leagues very, very well.

The offensive rebounding in my experience is way, way, way improved. Maybe not as dramatic as one would have expected, but put backs are not automatic and often lead to fouls and a miss, as they should. I also saw a kick out by both a big and a small (I think smalls are more likely to kick out and I haven't seen one insane small outback over the trees).

Rebounding numbers were more or less even, and this is with GSW missing bogut against the Clippers.

Overall the behavior of the CPU is way more organic (than not at all) and way less frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »