Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #137
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
THANK YOU someone needed to say it. Ive even dropped my level from HOF to ss for the first time in YEARS. This game is not fun at all ive just come to this conclusion and i played 3 82 game seasons on HOF on 14 last years game
The game is difficult, but definitely beatable. Read my write up above as I feel it will help some people.

HOWEVER, I agree with your sentiments. The problem isn't that it is difficult, the problem is HOW it is difficult. Last year's HOF was way too easy. This year it is way too cheesy. 2K's definition of difficulty this year is making the CPU hit impossible shots, double team you like mad forcing wild passes and travels and the worst of all--having the CPU beat your CPU teammates on the boards by 20+ a game. Anything else that people complain about such as teammates missing shots is momentum. In my MC my teammates all shoot well above 50% because the trick is to know when to get them dishes, running plays and to let them work with the ball more (you don't have to be involved in every play). This is why me and the star on my team are always #1 and #2 in scoring for the league.

As a result of 2K's definition of difficulty, it frustrates players. Which it rightfully should. 2K got lazy and should have done a better job at creating a new HOF experience instead of just jacking up the FG%s. The patch still didn't address Centers with low three point ratings taking the shots and hitting them contested when they need points. Reaction times are also completely unrealistic. A PG guarding you then as soon as you throw a lob he back peddles faster than he can run, jumps 10 feet in the air to block it? Come on now. 2K should have made the AI smarter. Made them make smarter passes, adjust to your plays fast, pressure you on defense more and make you miss more shots to simulate real basketball. But the same should be done on the other end. The best sequences in 2K games IMO is when both teams keep missing and going back and forth on fast breaks. That's real basketball.

Instead, it is super easy to get around even HOF defense and score over and over again while playing good defense is not rewarding enough unless you know how to cheese them back and knock them off momentum. They will just hit prayers when they need to.

TLDR: Smarter AI should equal higher difficulty. Not adjustments to FG%s and rebounds.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:47 PM   #138
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Anybody know how to remove a patch the way you could on 360? I rather play offline then with this stupid patch
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 12-26-2014, 11:58 PM   #139
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Wow. More complaints about the cheesiness of HoF... Didn't see that coming. Even in the patch thread.

Patch comes out. One guy thinks the shooting numbers are good. Another thinks they are nerfed to hell. The difference between the two guys?

My guess?

SKILL!

Just saying.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #140
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameich
I did just that & nothing bro… any other ideas? Thanks btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Rebooted my modem, performed hard reset and still no patch. Frustrating. Typical 2K bullsheet.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #141
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Fixed this by re-equipping all my away gear. However, my sneakers are still bugged. Cannot equip different sneakers for ANY mode. Basically the pairs I was wearing before are set in stone. I tried changing my away and got stuck with the 2K generics.

To remedy this, sort of, I played my Nike commercial again which put my custom kicks on. They don't exactly match my Home jersey, but anything is better than 2K generics.

This patch added more bugs than existed before. Step back jumpers are now bugged as they are labeled as "bad shot selection" when wide open and go in 1 out of 5 times from the left side of the court. I am finding new bugs every hour.
I'm stuck in Kobe's.. could be worse. I did create some nice 2K sneaks but iono.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #142
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5

anyone having an issue with the announcer saying the wrong names after a basket made?
Old 12-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #143
All Star

OVR: 20

This patch did absolutely NOTHING to address one of the biggest problems in the game -- excessive offensive rebounding and second-chance points by the CPU in single-player games.

But hot damn, we got new shoes and hairstyles. Thanks, 2K.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #144
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
This patch did absolutely NOTHING to address one of the biggest problems in the game -- excessive offensive rebounding and second-chance points by the CPU in single-player games.

But hot damn, we got new shoes and hairstyles. Thanks, 2K.
Well the shoes don't really matter on MyPlayer since it switches everything to team color. Needless to say NBA Live is KILLING 2k when it comes to accessories and shoes.

I think it's still ridiculous they didn't patch in the ability to change Jerseys. That was suppose to be in when the game launched (so they said).
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »