Home

More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & More

This is a discussion on More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #265
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & Mor

I'm using a historic franchise, but I still want the carry over saves.
When I move from 14 to 15 I & then my individual franchise season starts over I re-rate all players anyway before spring training begins. Yeah it's time consuming, but hey, it's baseball.
If I were to use OSFM in 14 & then carry it over to 15 I'd re-rate those players too. The next logical step in this carry over save evolution will be to allow players to be imported into an existing franchise, thereby saving the day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #266
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & Mor

ok let me try to clarify my point some more...

here i am getting ready for 15 to launch. i have gotten my franchise into the year 2015 in my frannchise. All those stats, records etc etc. will be lost if i wer to start with a fresh set of roster.

Knight, with out having the exact file from the game from every player out there you cant just carry over your franchise from 14 to 15 and slap in a new roster and have everything still be right...

ok say for example i have a player in the middle of a hit streak that is close to eclipsing the 56 game record.

if i was to input a new roster set after carrying over that franchise from 14 to 15 all that information of that streak and all other collective stats for every player on every team in that franchise will be lost.

isn't the point or part of the point of carry over franchises to be able to have all those stats carry over from start to finish.

so if you are not intending on truly carrying on your current franchise you started in 14 into and beyond 15 you can't use any other roster other than the one you started your franchise with...

so as far as i can see or understand...

if you keep inputting new rosters every year your starting over from scratch...

ok im done the more i think about this the more confused i get lol...
Old 12-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #267
Pro

OVR: 24

Carry-forward roster saves seems like it would be less difficult to implement than carry-forward franchise saves.

Granted they are two separate features and I don't know if SCEA would have the resources to invest in both (since they each require a continuous investment every year)

So I'm not getting my hopes up. But if you can already import a previous year's franchise, and you can already import or export a current year's roster/ players....

It doesn't seem like a stretch to say that there might be a time in the distant future where the OSFM team can import their entire roster from the previous year into the roster manager. So they'd only have to work on players that require drastic edits (think pitchers with changes in deliveries), and add in new rookies (those that didn't exist the previous year).

Of course you also have to weigh the demand for such a feature - I'd bet most people could not care less if it were added, which would definitely take away from the likelihood that SCEA invests into something like that.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #268
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Aside from starting your franchise with the most current rosters, I don't understand what the big bone of contention is that people have over needing newer rosters thereafter. I always thought the whole point of franchise mode was to simulate an alternate universe that runs parallel to the real MLB seasons. Once I'm in 2025, I should be getting to know my new around the league that have fictitious names to the rest of the bunch.

Now, if SCEA was able to formulate some way that real life players enter new drafts and such as an update within your franchise, then I am willing to accept that compromise and I think it would work out. However, I'm not too concerned about updated rosters after my franchise has already begun, only before.

MLB 15 will be my test as to whether I'm willing to spend twenty or so years with the same team, playing nearly every game, without going back because of all of the issues with "generic" players, unless they get really good at making generic players a little more authentic/unique feeling in a way. One thing that could help in general is the radio show to make sure we still know the league very well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #269
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

As far as year-to-year save is concerned, I think it's simply intended for those who want to continue on with the investment they made in one particular mode to keep going with a new iteration of the game to do so. It's for someone who start a game with certain roster, but would not mind from that point to branch out from the reality and accept being out of sync with what goes on with real MLB, etc.

Now, I think what would really benefit roster makers (as well as those who want a bit more customization) is a simple mechanism to allow exporting/importing a player model/stats individually from within a game mode, rather than only allowing to do this at the roster editing level outside of any game mode (which is currently the case). If we could do that, then it would save a lot more time I think.

As far as keeping MLB-type roster up-to-date and mixing them up to create even more, I think that would be a more sensible solution than working off of year-to-year mode save file.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #270
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Now, I think what would really benefit roster makers (as well as those who want a bit more customization) is a simple mechanism to allow exporting/importing a player model/stats individually from within a game mode, rather than only allowing to do this at the roster editing level outside of any game mode (which is currently the case). If we could do that, then it would save a lot more time I think.
Good idea... and in combination with the franchise year-to-year saves feature, this would definitely be easier to develop than an outright "year-to-year" roster transfer system like I mentioned in my post.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #271
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
ok let me try to clarify my point some more...

here i am getting ready for 15 to launch. i have gotten my franchise into the year 2015 in my frannchise. All those stats, records etc etc. will be lost if i wer to start with a fresh set of roster.

Knight, with out having the exact file from the game from every player out there you cant just carry over your franchise from 14 to 15 and slap in a new roster and have everything still be right...

ok say for example i have a player in the middle of a hit streak that is close to eclipsing the 56 game record.

if i was to input a new roster set after carrying over that franchise from 14 to 15 all that information of that streak and all other collective stats for every player on every team in that franchise will be lost.

isn't the point or part of the point of carry over franchises to be able to have all those stats carry over from start to finish.

so if you are not intending on truly carrying on your current franchise you started in 14 into and beyond 15 you can't use any other roster other than the one you started your franchise with...

so as far as i can see or understand...

if you keep inputting new rosters every year your starting over from scratch...

ok im done the more i think about this the more confused i get lol...

You can't take a different roster and implement it into an existing franchise.

What guys were talking about was...not having to do the rosters(editing players) from scratch each time by using the YtY carry over as an ad-hoc implementation.
Not for inserting a new roster into a current franchise.
If you made a 1986 roster file on '14...you won't have to redo it again for '15 or '16 if you don't want to. You would simply take it and start a season in '14.....save...take it into '15......and again in '16 if you like. You'd be starting on day one....but with all the new bells and whistles of the current version.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #272
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
Ok first off let say that even though i personally do not use any of the rosters that are created and beloved by thousands on this site and throughout the game itself, i do have the utmost respect for those who spend weeks and months compiling all the info on this and put together those rosters for all of you to enjoy.

Now let me say this, for those of you that are hoping for created rosters to be able to be put in a carried over franchise from 14 to f15 or any year going forward, what is the point of it.

ok let me explain.

say I have a franchise i have played/simmed for more than one season in 14 with one of these rosters. Why then would i want to start over basically with another new roster set?

if your going to be putting in a new set of rosters for every team including your own what is the purpose of year to year saves? your defeating the purpose of the year to year saves idea.

That is one roster set that carries over year to year for the life time of that franchise.

once you bring in a new roster set to this idea all your stats from every player in that franchise are toast... no matter if it is one year or 20.

so again no offense to anyone that loves these rosters but have you really thought this all the way through?
People are so sensitive I almost hate to post anything remotely controversial but for me, speaking only for myself, I do not use third party rosters and if they don't fix game play to generate a more realistic amount of offense I will not purchase the Show 15.

If they can get that fixed and spend programmer time figuring out how make it easier on the people who put together third party rosters then that's great. If the game is completely finished, game play is fine, franchise mode is fine, everything is peachy and they have programmers sitting around with nothing to do, then placate the people who put together third party rosters.

Their mistake in the Show 14 ps4 was trying to placate too many people who were pulling them in too many directions and failing to release a game which plays like MLB baseball between the lines.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »