Home

Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense

This is a discussion on Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #9
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense

I agree playing good defense bring you momentum. and once you have momentum, it's a whole new different ballgame. I'm telling you everything flow's and work so beautifully. less skating on defense, smarter player's on offense.

Play defense on different angles, to make it easier to understand what the cpu is trying to do. it's not easy but you need a little fight in you to do so.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #10
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
Defense is great this year, but blocking dunks need to be fixed. It's easier to block a dunk more than a lay up.
This need to be fixed. Either make some animation a little faster or tie the speed with quickness. There are way to many block dunks that don't happen that much in real life.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #11
Rookie

All of this goes out the window in MyCareer. It's a different game.

And none of this begins to describe the atrocity of your team's help defense or rotations, or switching on pick and rolls. It's normal for a switch to happen just at random AND one that has you guard someone on the other side of the floor... who's already being guarded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #12
Rookie

NEBULUZZ's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
All of this goes out the window in MyCareer. It's a different game.

And none of this begins to describe the atrocity of your team's help defense or rotations, or switching on pick and rolls. It's normal for a switch to happen just at random AND one that has you guard someone on the other side of the floor... who's already being guarded.
Yup, this year I can't even call zone defense in My Career games.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Toughest part about MyCareer on defense is not really knowing how your CPU teammates are going to respond to certain stuff + being punished grade-wise for things that shouldn't be your fault.

I'm a PF so I'm involved in a ton of PNR. There are so many different ways to play a PNR but your CPU teammates don't really rotate properly. The only way to defend it is Ice. It's frustrating because the ball handler coming off the PNR scores so easily if he's left to play 1v1 with your CPU teammate. It forces me to want to trap but if he shots and misses - my man is most definitely getting the offensive rebound and scoring.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #14
Rookie

Double teams don't work for my team, period. Anyone can pass out of a double. And I do mean anyone.

But when they double you, even if you're 99 in everything, you still can't pass out of it, let alone dribble out of it.

In addition, you start the protect-the-ball animation way too early, when their defenders haven't even set up the double correctly, just starting to get close to you. Meanwhile, when I double someone, it takes 3-5 seconds for them to go into the protect the ball stance. During those 3-5 seconds, they can pass the ball anywhere with perfect accuracy.

Next is steals. The CPU pretty much never gets out of position/attempt a lunge steal. They pretty much never get a reaching call, either.

They should rename the steal button to the hug button, because that's pretty much all my guy does when I press it. He hugs the offensive player, for a reach-in call.

The offense also reacts way too quickly when they lose the ball. As the player with gold pick pocket and interceptor, I can't get a steal at all. Whether it's on playing the passing lane (doesn't work cause the ball will always fly to the offense, or just pass right through my chest), or on the ball steals, because I'll attempt this lunge steal animation, and on the off chance I actually poke the ball loose, the CPU will somehow be faster in picking it up than me. Want proof?

Old 12-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #15
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I like these tips. I reach I lot because I can't seem to get lane steals . My guy always reacts weirdly like he catches the it doesn't , or I get tipped pass and it goes right to the offense
This x100....

i came in here to post this exact post only to realized it was already posted.....the risk reward of playing the passing lanes is dismal...the defender tips the ball only to have it deflect right back to the offense more than 90% of the times...

results = defender is penalized by now being out of position...opening up holes in the defense as forced rotations compensates for it.......makes u wonder .........is playing the passing lanes really worth it??????

My next concern is why removed coaching slider for help defense again??????
Dont know about u guys but at times i much rather not rotate giving up open 3s for a shot attempt inside
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #16
Rookie

Bottom line defense is impossible to play this year. Another fact no matter if you cant play lock down D and get stops its so hard to stay in the game because the game is not balanced offensively due to a broken shot meter. If I cant hit wide open shots my game on offense cant only consist of driving to the basket. With the missed layups and put backs under the rim, the gameplay offline is down right frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »