Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Fixed an issue where the commentator would occasionally reference an on-screen overlay when one was not being displayed.

OCCASIONALLY????? Uh try like FIVE TIMES EVERY GAME. How in the world did it take this long for that to get fixed?
I haven't had a problem with this but I came to find out that if you keep tapping x (ps4) or a (xb1) it will skip the overlay that would have the stats appear on the side. It comes up every time they just take a little minute to say it between breaks.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:20 AM   #130
Pro

Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
So you can see what I'm talking about. You always wear home color accessories and you can't change it.

Edit: Better picture
Fixed this by re-equipping all my away gear. However, my sneakers are still bugged. Cannot equip different sneakers for ANY mode. Basically the pairs I was wearing before are set in stone. I tried changing my away and got stuck with the 2K generics.

To remedy this, sort of, I played my Nike commercial again which put my custom kicks on. They don't exactly match my Home jersey, but anything is better than 2K generics.

This patch added more bugs than existed before. Step back jumpers are now bugged as they are labeled as "bad shot selection" when wide open and go in 1 out of 5 times from the left side of the court. I am finding new bugs every hour.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #131
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Fixed this by re-equipping all my away gear. However, my sneakers are still bugged. Cannot equip different sneakers for ANY mode. Basically the pairs I was wearing before are set in stone. I tried changing my away and got stuck with the 2K generics.

To remedy this, sort of, I played my Nike commercial again which put my custom kicks on. They don't exactly match my Home jersey, but anything is better than 2K generics.

This patch added more bugs than existed before. Step back jumpers are now bugged as they are labeled as "bad shot selection" when wide open and go in 1 out of 5 times from the left side of the court. I am finding new bugs every hour.
Since this patch my big men are completely useless. I played 5 games and Roy Hibbert is a combined 11-47 and David West is...god smh 7-54. Rebounds? Ha yeah that's funny. Only thing they consistently make is FT's. Paul George misses SOOOOO many wide open shots now.

Next to impossible to pass the ball into the paint without a turnover or almost turning it over. I haven't been able to get a straight up steal since the patch.

I could keep going on and on. But this game is not enjoyable to play anymore.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2014, 12:44 AM   #132
Pro

Quote:
Since this patch my big men are completely useless. I played 5 games and Roy Hibbert is a combined 11-47 and David West is...god smh 7-54. Rebounds? Ha yeah that's funny. Only thing they consistently make is FT's. Paul George misses SOOOOO many wide open shots now.

Next to impossible to pass the ball into the paint without a turnover or almost turning it over. I haven't been able to get a straight up steal since the patch.

I'm playing excellent with the Pacers in MC on HOF at the moment. Make sure you play on Default. I had the SAME issues as you for the longest time but figured out how to get your guys hitting shots. It still happens to me, as you can see from my last game where we lost by 1 point and believe me, I think this patch ruined a lot of stuff so I am not getting on you. I just think I can really help you.

Check out my series. I just SHATTERED the Nuggets. Unfortunately my HDD was full and the record got screwed up so I can't upload it. But I have the team figured out and I should dominate tomorrow for an upload. I have a video up with me on the Pacers (just traded there) where I destroy the Clippers by 15 points. Was larger before I was subbed out. Oh, and make sure you have momentum before you are subbed out so you are either up by more points or around the same when you're back in the game.

In my series, I do a lot of things different than other YouTubers. I pass up quick on fast breaks, I let my team mates work with the ball (they make passes the CPU would that are impossible for you to see) and I learned how to come back from a deficit. THE ONLY WAY to get your teammates hitting shots if they are missing is to play very good defense. Try to steal, try to get blocks of course but FOUL if you have to. Double team CONSTANTLY in opportune times and shield who you are defending from a pass when double teaming someone else. If you watch, I go over and double team on so many fast breaks. Hold both modifiers when defending and let go of intense when you need to catch up to your man.

If you are a PG, don't worry about rebounds so much and RUN back on defense the second the CPU takes a shot. If your bigs get the board and you stop a fast break, you knock the CPU off rhythm and it gets your teammates good momentum. This game is based ENTIRELY off of momentum as momentum is WAY TOO powerful in this game. But if you constantly play good D, every time the HOF CPU will start to gain traction you will get them off balance. It has gotten to the point where I know when they are going to miss an open shot. I even call it in some of my videos. "He's not going to hit that" so I double team.

The main issue for me is rebounds. I can deal with the put backs, but if the game is not simmed, we get beat on the boards by 20+ every game. It is 2K's version of difficulty. Another things I don't like is how the CPU basically cheats. When you are playing amazing, it will make you miss a wide open shot and the CPU will hit the most ridiculous shot. It is like they are mad you are playing great D. But as long as you lock down on defense--boards, prayers of a bucket and cheesy shot clock drives won't matter. When you are disruptive, they will lose the ball, make bad passes, take bad shots and miss open ones and then you just go on a tear. I get a ton of assists from throwing long passes and let George or Matthews do what the CPU would do me and glide through on a fast break or a contested fast break mid for an assist.

I am really not trying to plug my YT but I make the videos to help people and communicate with them. Check out the series. I think there is some unique stuff in there other YTers don't do in MC that allow me to win 80% of the games. And when I lose, it is not a blow out.

P.S. The reason why I say defense is so important is because of this. I beat the Nuggets by 12 points. They only took 79 shots to our 91. All because I get steals, force turnovers from double teams etc.. But even when I don't get a turnover and just tip it out of bounds, they are way more likely to miss the shot on the inbound because you disrupted their rhythm. Any stop in play messes them up and the same goes for you. Fouls, out of bounds, blocked shots with recovery--all screw up momentum. When any of those happen to your team, try to take the shot as you have a much more likely chance of hitting it than your teammates. If you just can't beat the CPU but don't want to ruin your record, start a game, save and quit and play until the end. Close out the game from the console menu at the end and restart where you left off and keep doing it over and over until these things become second nature and you will become a BEAST. TRUST ME. If I can do it, you can too.

One last thing as I know this is a lot to read. BE PATIENT on defense. If you are guarding CP3, chances are you aren't going to get a steal from him if they have good momentum. You can cheat slightly if he is cold but wait until the bench PG comes in to try and steal (or whoever you are guarding that isn't a Star). Oh and this is a big one: if the ball is on the other side of the paint where your man is, keep one foot in the paint AND HELP OUT if/when he drives. Contest EVERYTHING. Set your controller setting to "Contest: Always", Pro Stick: Absolute and "Defense Assist - 50"

Last edited by Crookid; 12-25-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:59 AM   #133
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I just had a very weird game of MyGM. It was incredibly laggy. On 5-6 occasions, the input took 2-3 seconds to play out. I know the server is on the verge of meltdown based on laggy menu screens but I didnt know this mode was effected by server issues.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #134
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Heard the face scan tech was improved...once again moved my X1 and several lamps from around the house up to my naturally lit den.

Another 2 hours and 20 or so attempts at a decent face scan, another 20 or so hideous abominations that frighten my 5 year-old twins. I give up.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #135
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
Passes from one player to the next no matter the distance seems to have more floaty passes than passes with zip on it. I honestly believe thats how 2k wants their game to play, so people can play off-ball defense more easily. In 2k tipped passes have plagued the series no matter how good the pass would be in real life, the pass gets tipped in the game. I feel that, thats partially due to passing not having a since of urgency in the game. Most online players play off ball defense even after the patch (I've ran a few games) because they know it's easier to intercept a floaty pass than it is to play on ball defense. That needs to be addressed in my opinion.

Yes. That must be it. They are just a bunch of idiots that have no clue how basketball is supposed to play and they sure as hell don't care if people have been whining about it for years. And they will continue to whine about it even if it's no longer an issue.

In my opinion, the reason people play offball is because they can't play onball or they know that they can bait people into bad passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #136
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

THANK YOU someone needed to say it. Ive even dropped my level from HOF to ss for the first time in YEARS. This game is not fun at all ive just come to this conclusion and i played 3 82 game seasons on HOF on 14 last years game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »