Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-24-2014, 02:09 PM   #121
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

Patch is awful.

Shot 40% from just taking open shots at the end of the game with every badge that should be awarding me makes and I was hot. Every one of my important B+ to A- shots makes seem to be reduced further on HOF. Even taking shots in the gym and taking notes of how many go in seems to be drastically reduced. I do like the defense movement better now. I am very good on defense in MC and I locked down Lillard and made great plays at the end of the game that should have rewarded us with a win instead resulted in easy shot misses. We lost by one point because Lilard hit a layup and got fouled of course with 2 seconds left in the game.

Fouls are atrocious now. In the 4th almost every open layup results in you getting pushed on open drives for a foul. Realistic in some scenarios but completely unrealistic in most when it is clearly a flagrant. You can't push someone that got by you when there is an open lane.

Rebounding is still a major issue. Not even put backs because I can deal with that. I know how to get the HOF CPU off rhythm and get them missing even open shots. But every game we are beat on the boards by 20 rebounds.

MyPlayer store is bugged. I can no longer change my sneakers and I am stuck with 2K sneakers for away games. The only way for a change to save is to change the sneakers in Options - MyPlayer store from the main menu but I cannot view any Nikes. Only 2K sneakers.

These are my thoughts. Before you tell me to learn how to play or whatever else, please recognize I am giving me feedback on the patch and my YT has a proven series I do very well against the HOF CPU. If you have a different opinion, I respect that opinion. This is just mine thus far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #122
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

After playing a few MyCareer games, I think the patch has improved the game for me, especially defensively and teammates IQ and shooting. After this (long awaited) patch, I feel I can play defense in a consistent level, unlikely before when any average PG could run past me and score easily, despite having +80 lateral quickness and all that; now, only elite PG like Curry or Westbrook are real headaches for me, and they're a challenge, yet beatable.

Teammates IQ and shooting are much more realistic and fair. Now you won't see many wide-open misses anymore, there's a fair balance. Defensively, they now give a better effort on passing lanes and constenting shots, resulting in many more steals and blocks, which I'm really glad about; before, I was pretty much the only one who had steals and blocks. I feel I'm not that alone in the court anymore.

As for the "2k cheese", it's still there, but it's not as blatant as it was before and I haven't had a big comeback from the CPU in the 4th Quarter like many times before. Also, we've also been able to have our own comebacks, before if the CPU was winning by 15+ points in the first, the game was basically over.

I still have to play more games and perhaps try new game modes, but so far I'm satisfied with this patch. I hope they fix the shoe glitch, I got the Nike endorsement a few days before the patch came out and it's a shame we can't use those shoes.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
When did this thread become a "this is why me and 200 other people actually plays Live" discussion? Funny how that seems to happen every time someone wants to grouse about something in the game. I play Live too. It has a ****load of its own problems playing defense as well. But this isn't the place to discuss those, is it?
Passes from one player to the next no matter the distance seems to have more floaty passes than passes with zip on it. I honestly believe thats how 2k wants their game to play, so people can play off-ball defense more easily. In 2k tipped passes have plagued the series no matter how good the pass would be in real life, the pass gets tipped in the game. I feel that, thats partially due to passing not having a since of urgency in the game. Most online players play off ball defense even after the patch (I've ran a few games) because they know it's easier to intercept a floaty pass than it is to play on ball defense. That needs to be addressed in my opinion.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal
After playing a few MyCareer games, I think the patch has improved the game for me, especially defensively and teammates IQ and shooting. After this (long awaited) patch, I feel I can play defense in a consistent level, unlikely before when any average PG could run past me and score easily, despite having +80 lateral quickness and all that; now, only elite PG like Curry or Westbrook are real headaches for me, and they're a challenge, yet beatable.

Teammates IQ and shooting are much more realistic and fair. Now you won't see many wide-open misses anymore, there's a fair balance. Defensively, they now give a better effort on passing lanes and constenting shots, resulting in many more steals and blocks, which I'm really glad about; before, I was pretty much the only one who had steals and blocks. I feel I'm not that alone in the court anymore.

As for the "2k cheese", it's still there, but it's not as blatant as it was before and I haven't had a big comeback from the CPU in the 4th Quarter like many times before. Also, we've also been able to have our own comebacks, before if the CPU was winning by 15+ points in the first, the game was basically over.

I still have to play more games and perhaps try new game modes, but so far I'm satisfied with this patch. I hope they fix the shoe glitch, I got the Nike endorsement a few days before the patch came out and it's a shame we can't use those shoes.
Everybody is having the same issue with the shoes. & To be honest I doubt it's gonna get fix/patched anytime soon.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #125
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Since the new "Update" (I say update in quotes because 2k always messes something else up when they do that). I can not change ANYTHING on my MyPlayer. If you change anything once you start the game it reverts back to how it was before the patch.

Everything on offense is sluggish and slow, and is now even harder to stay in from of your man on defense (for me at least). Oh and the CPU now knocks down 3's like it's lay ups, contested or not.
So you can see what I'm talking about. You always wear home color accessories and you can't change it.

Edit: Better picture
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Last edited by TrapStar215; 12-24-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #126
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

Love the patch. Game rocks now. My concern is going 4-18 from the FT line. I can't seem to find real ft/fg % in settings.

Sent from my t mobile note 4 or Tab s
Old 12-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #127
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Fixed an issue where the commentator would occasionally reference an on-screen overlay when one was not being displayed.

OCCASIONALLY????? Uh try like FIVE TIMES EVERY GAME. How in the world did it take this long for that to get fixed?
Old 12-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #128
Just started!

this patch is not all that good as folks trying claim it is. Hey do like I did when someone picks a beasty team use the clippers and spam off 3s with Jamal Crawford I bet you make about all them. This patch is a joke, put it like dis 2k is a game full animation don't get me wrong its nOthing wrong with having signature animation for certain players. But balance it out give the gamer some kind user control damn

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »