Home

NBA Live 15 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Coming Soon For Xbox One

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Coming Soon For Xbox One within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #137
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 15 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Tomorrow For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
[Qwasn't ggE=The 24th Letter;2046900480]Are you good with the %'s so far nick?

They almost seem a little low now in my sample size....seems like a lot of good shots aren't falling for the sake of keeping the % low...

I think only 5-6 teams out of the 24 that played last night shot below 44%....I've been seeing an average between 39%-43% even with good offenses. Maybe I'm adjusting to the game post patch but it does seem like a lot of green shots are missing.

I hate to even complain about it since we begged to lower it, lol
I'm missing like crazy but it makes the game harder and I'll rather it that way lol

Guess I'lljust have to abusee the pnr like I did in live 14

I wss[/quote]

I 100% agree with this assessment and was in fact in the process of posting this observation when I saw yours. It's one thing to miss a shot due to improved defensive reaction but i have seen shots that should be made not go in to skew the numbers in favor of a lower fg%. As a result, since the cpu can't hit 3's or the mid range, they resort to inside shots for more made baskets.

On another note, out of curiosity, I reverted my defensive settings to default and although I can still pull the Tazmanian devil crossover, the defense is actually better overall at default level it appears! I am seeing more contact.

My test is to see how the game plays in Dynasty mode. Pre patch the cpu played a more competitive game in Dynasty mode. I would like to see if this translates into more long, mid and post range makes for the cpu.

I guess we have to be careful what we wish for with these patches and be more specific about seeking a balance? Thought the developers would already know this? It is a challenge in a way as you say so good from that perspective. Just don't like seeing cpu miss so much easily. Part of the enjoyment previously was in working hard to keep cpu % down, now kinda easy. I have more games to play to get a good feel for the patch, however, as it stands, there are far too many misses. I can almost guarantee when a shot will miss. Will post results later from Dynasty game.

Last edited by Calvenn; 12-13-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 15 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Coming Soon For Xbox One

I really like what they have done with this.

24th, Is there another one in the works that you know of?

I played the CPU Dallas Vs G-State..superstar difficulty. I really only employ one house rule: I only guard 1 player, I never switch on D. I pick up a guy in transition and stay on him, and let coaching settings and my teammates ratings do their thing. The CPU beat me by 3 which is just fine by me. I deliberately set my coaching settings to trap every Steph Curry screen and roll. I wanted to see how he would react and how his AI teammates would respond.

To my delight, he was willing to give up the ball, and guys where cutting into open space. He would also catch me cheating and dribble the opposite side of the roll man.

The CPU reactions and movement are much better. I did see one instance of the CPU getting a 3 second violation where they should have shot the ball though

Still too many blocks. I blocked a Steph Curry layup attempt from behind with JJ Barrea

Love the addition of the shot quality meter. I feel ready to start a franchise mode.

Game should have been released with this stuff..

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 12-13-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #139
Banned

OVR: 9
WTF when is Xb1 getting this update...Microsoft get it together and approve this!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #140
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't know on that man. I have the inside track with EA, not Microsoft. Unfortunately, even the guys at EA don't know when Microsoft will have it up. Voice your displeasure with Microsoft and hopefully they'll get it up. Hate that you all don't have it yet.

Also, yes, there will be more of these.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #141
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Enjoyed the update, the shooting release is awesome now, but biggest concern missing some GREAT shots. Also trying to block a shot ending up as a shooting foul alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yo I'm on a box and I just played with no update so I'm guessing noone has it yet?
Old 12-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #143
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGuy
Enjoyed the update, the shooting release is awesome now, but biggest concern missing some GREAT shots. Also trying to block a shot ending up as a shooting foul alot.
Really? Don't have a problem with fouling on jumpers post patch. Pre patch it was horrid!!!!

Flick or hold right stick up instead of triangle.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #144
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 15 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Tomorrow For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn

I 100% agree with this assessment and was in fact in the process of posting this observation when I saw yours. It's one thing to miss a shot due to improved defensive reaction but i have seen shots that should be made not go in to skew the numbers in favor of a lower fg%. As a result, since the cpu can't hit 3's or the mid range, they resort to inside shots for more made baskets.

On another note, out of curiosity, I reverted my defensive settings to default and although I can still pull the Tazmanian devil crossover, the defense is actually better overall at default level it appears! I am seeing more contact.

My test is to see how the game plays in Dynasty mode. Pre patch the cpu played a more competitive game in Dynasty mode. I would like to see if this translates into more long, mid and post range makes for the cpu.

I guess we have to be careful what we wish for with these patches and be more specific about seeking a balance? Thought the developers would already know this? It is a challenge in a way as you say so good from that perspective. Just don't like seeing cpu miss so much easily. Part of the enjoyment previously was in working hard to keep cpu % down, now kinda easy. I have more games to play to get a good feel for the patch, however, as it stands, there are far too many misses. I can almost guarantee when a shot will miss. Will post results later from Dynasty game.

It kind of contradicts the work out into fixing shot timing when so many "GREAT" releases miss....I don't expect all of them to go in of course, but a lot of them seem to brick now.

A big complaint about online was that it was way too hard to get a great release because of the quick shot timing, now that it's easier to get them, there are a lot more seemingly random misses that occur.....

If they plan on tuning the game again, they should consider placing it right in the middle of the two extremes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »