Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #841
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Anybody experience any slight frame rate issues (offline, quick games)? It usually happens as the ball is going thru the hoop, and during free throws.
I thought I was, but then I lowered my settings (I was experimenting with a new set) and it went away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #842
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Quick Video post patch of fast break still being very possible and also the sharper passing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=VJiqnmlFjKE

Good post. Beat me to it.

One man fast breaks have been dialed down, but I've gotten plenty of successful fast breaks post patch....
Old 12-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #843
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Playing my second game and its so nice that fouls are called. I have Hibbert and West in foul trouble with 3 each in the first half. I have Parker in trouble for the Bucks with 4.

You are forced to be smart in this game. Absolutely love it!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #844
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Well guys, not going to lie I was a little disappointed at first with the relative lack on non-gameplay changes.

I still wish we could have seen a little more on that end, but boy did VC put in some work!! I just got to play a full game and I feel pretty confident it was the best/most realistic sports game I've ever played with out of the box settings.

11 minute quarters, superstar/sim (I was the Knicks):

This was the first ever game I remember where I got in the bonus every single quarter. It didn't feel like a bunch of cheap fouls either, and I felt like I got the most natural blocking calls I've seen yet.

Defense felt 300% improved. I don't remember a single point where I felt frustrated about skating around on the floor--if I wanted my guy to be somewhere, he was going to be there.

Passing felt better. As long as I wasn't making bonehead passes, I felt confident they were going to get to the guy I threw it to. Post entry passes felt especially better.

CPU 3 point attempts were definitely up. And it wasn't like when I raised the 3pt tendency pre patch and saw guys like Jerami Grant heave 10 (and miss 9) in a game, they felt natural and were taken by appropriate players. I wasn't actively watching out for 3s that were just over the line and became long 2s, but I never noticed one (I'm usually pretty good about making note of it). So take that for what it's worth.

I was hoping that with the increased fouls/stoppages in play I would see better rotations but I was a little disappointed here. Giannis (yes he's on the Knicks, this is MyLeague and I couldn't resist) is slated for 28 minutes but played 17 because he wasn't starting. Hardaway (starter) is slated for 23 but played 30. It's one game, but this is line with what I saw in every game pre patch. Starters played pretty much the entire 4th quarter.

Non-gameplay related (and PC exclusive), I really appreciate the additional settings options. My laptop can do medium settings but the special effects as a whole took an unproportionally large hit on my framerate. I can now enable court reflections by themselves and it looks much better

Some serious work was put into this patch and it's very much appreciated. This is already the best-playing sports game I've had the pleasure of playing. If another small patch is put out to improve some of the non-gameplay aspects (insert 1000th comment on regression here), I'll simply be speechless.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #845
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Playing my second game and its so nice that fouls are called. I have Hibbert and West in foul trouble with 3 each in the first half. I have Parker in trouble for the Bucks with 4.

You are forced to be smart in this game. Absolutely love it!
What sliders are you using to get a good amount of fouls? All 100's?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #846
Banned

WISports's Arena

I've noticed quite the increase in blocked shots (many where the ball goes flying at warp speed...lol) and and-1's. I like the increase, but almost seems to happen too often.

And if you're running a fastbreak with someone like Rose, it should be easy. A defender shouldn't be able to get in front of you and stop the break, unless they're fouling you.

I really like how the big will dunk more under the basket.

Overall, the patch is great. A few tweaks here and there would definitely make it better tho, obviously. But overall I'm quite happy.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #847
Banned

WISports's Arena

Gotta admit tho, I was hoping some players would get an update in skin tone. Giannis is way too dark in the game. He should look closer to Jabari, than Knight and Sanders.

Also, still think the amount of swishes need to be toned down some.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #848
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
What sliders are you using to get a good amount of fouls? All 100's?
I play on All-Star default.

I got to the line 31 times this past game and the Bucks got there 25 times. Hibbert and Sanders both fouled out of the game. West, Parker, and one other person, don't remember now, ended with 5 fouls each. Nice seeing over the back fouls be called.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »