Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #745
Rookie

OVR: 0
This patch is beautiful to me. Besides what most people had to say previously, here are my thoughts based on OFFLINE Gameplay. The pros are already listed, but here are my cons

I have had a couple of instances where the player would shoot the ball and hit behind the backboard when they were around the baseline. This happened to the CPU as well, but overall it wasnt a big deal, just maybe something that can be cleaned up in the future.

The blocking and overall defense is amazing. But as stated before by someone, the chase down blocks could use a bump. Anthony Davis should not be burned by Jameer Nelson, even if he had a quarter court advantage haha.

Everything else is perfect for me. Great job 2K!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #746
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Inclu

Downloaded fairly quick for me. Got a game in: Knicks (me) vs Hornets (CPU), Lost 87-85, 12 minute qtrs. Anthony missed game tying turn around J.

-My on-ball D was definitely better. And when I did get beat, a big man was there to protect the rim way more often. Maybe my team, but a lot of fouls, no blocks.

-Way more fouls. Both teams took 20+ free throws. Anthony was 8-10, making up for an inefficient shooting night.

-Hornets took 17 3s, most of them from Henderson, who lead all scorers with 28.

-I didn't notice passes being any crisper than before, but I did have less turnovers. Could've been me being more concious of using the lob pass into the post, but none of those got stolen. I'd give up 3-4 of those per game prior to last night.

-I appreciate being able to walk up the court, but it's very casual, and there's no in between a walk and a jog. And the transitioni from walk to jog is a bit ugly. I was hoping they put the skip back in. I couldn't use the walk much because of the threat of :08 violations. I also think they should put the hunch back walk back in for certain circumstances. I would be cool for when a defender is close, for example.

-Way more &1s. I could probably count on 2 hands how many I had prior to the patch. Both the CPU & I had a few in just one game.

-The CPU did kick the ball out after ORebs when appropriate.

-Though less often, there were still a few instances of my block attempts not registering.

-Not one moving screen call. I like that they're in, but there were way too many pre-patch.

-Can't say I noticed improved spacing in the Triangle. On a few occasions, a teammate would get too close when i was in the corner. But I forgot to take notice of low post position. My guy would post too close to the baseline before. With no stolen post entry passes, maybe that was better.

-I didn't see a single stat overlay. Is this an online feature only? Do you have to be connected to the internet while play offline?

Overall, a much better game. I feel comfortable starting my Knicks season now.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #747
Banned

Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Inclu

^ That is music to my ears. So many times I've driven to the paint, taken contact from two different players and not gotten the foul, even on HOF Sim, so I like the sound of that.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #748
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

WOW PC now has the patch and XB1 does not. My gwad what a difference a year makes XB1 got everything first...now we are the ugly stepchild nobody wants to hug..LOL
Old 12-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #749
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

love the cpu shooting threes. its opened up the game for me, although my defense is actually worse now. a combination of getting a feel for the defensive movement again, after i had adjusted, and the cpu actually taking the three now, has left me getting burned left and right. didnt realize the crutch i had by not really having to worry about the three.

the only complaint i have which i see some others agree with in here is something seems to have been changed about the fast break. it doesnt feel as fast, smooth and responsive as it did pre patch. the CPU reactions feel more like a CPU reaction, i.e too fast, a bit too good at tipping passes, than before. I feel like I cant get that separation with a fast player like i could pre patch. probably a case of online-based tweaks bleeding into the offline gameplay.

passing by cpu might be a bit too accurate as well post patch. wouldnt mind seeing some more bobbles or bad passes by cpu.

also feels like the CPU is more reckless with the ball while dribbling, and I cant poke it loose when i should be able to. may raise steals a notch or two.

im not going to lie when I say the game to me "felt" a little better pre patch. I do love the CPU offensive changes and being more varied in the post and at the three point line. anything else I can probably tweak with sliders.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #750
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Patch is now available on PC.

Inquiring an ETA for Microsoft for our Xbox One users.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 12-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #751
Rookie

If 2k happens to consider the rest of the world worthy enough to play the patch, I would be happy to play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #752
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Patch is now available on PC.

Inquiring an ETA for Microsoft for our Xbox One users.
ugh...just when I'm about to go to work to...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »