Home

Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #89
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

Just have a simulation settings for those of us that want simulation football - and have a Madden setting for those that enjoy ******.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #90
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Tournament mode - no injuries, huge hits, no fumbles, no dropped passes...basically nothing that is "random"

Simulation mode - EVERYTHING THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 11-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 5

I suspect it will be a long time, if ever, that anything like that is incorporated into this game. I expect it to go more towards the tournament crowd with every passing year.

The people who want actual sim football is very, very small, unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #92
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

I personally think the online gaming and tournaments have ruined basically every sports title for years. I'm sure there have been plenty of complaints from mostly online players losing games due to penalties and tournaments being decided on a PI call or something like that. And again like I stated the ****** gamer wants to play the game but wants it to be an arcade experience where they can just go out and bomb 60 yard passes every time and win 75-10. This is why I haven't bought madden in years

Last edited by jfrost32; 11-10-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #93
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Personally it doesn't bother me. I am someone who grew up in an era where penalties were rarely called, especially the ticky tack BS that is called in today's NFL (aka NBA with pads). I like my games to be decided by the players not the refs.
Then you don't want to play the game of football then. In every sport around the world there are games decided by refs whether it be a penalty in the nfl, a foul in a basketball game or a foul in a soccer game. Its part of the game, and if people can't accept it then they are not fans of the sport plain and simple. I know there shouldn't be a random feeling but for instance if you decided to slam the sprint button in lets say nba or fifa and you take out a player then its a foul every time. So lets take madden, how would you feel if you pass the ball to a receiver and the other player rams your receiver off his route and its an incomplete pass? I would want a defensive PI called on me because that's so unsportsmanlike and childish.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #94
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

And before the causal gamer hammers me for offending them, I just have one word that is crucial in every sport you play in life...its called DISCIPLINE. Learn it

Last edited by jfrost32; 11-10-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #95
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Wow! I guess you and those like me want very different games . . . I struggle to understand how someone could want to play an NFL football game that did NOT replicate the real NFL in something as important as penalites.

Be that as it may, I continue to hope that Madden will eventually make a football game that does, in fact, replicate football . . .
If we had a game that 100% reflected the real NFL, most people here would hate it. Where does the "replicate football" end? Do you want real life budget management for CFM mode as well, one where you need to be a CPA to balance? Do you want to have real contracts where you have to hire a lawyer just to understand some of the verbiage used? Should they add a Rex Ryan mode where your coach accidentally uses time outs at the wrong time? How about a Justin Blackmon mode where your star WR turns out to be a psychotic addict who can't stay out of trouble? This is all stuff that replicates the real NFL that everyone here says on a daily basis they want.

Or are you like me and want some of the real NFL but not all of it because it is still a video game. I want the game as lifelike as possible but at the end of the day it is about having fun. I don't enjoy watching a game in which there are so many penalties, one of the reasons I stopped watching the NBA years ago. I am not against having accurate penalties but I would want working sliders so I can adjust it. I don't want to see incidental contact or defensive holding penalties every other play. Neither is right or wrong just a different view on the game of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #96
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
The penalties were definitely better in 2k5,and to add more "salt to the wound"....2k5 actually had offsetting penalties,when has Madden had this?

Agreed. No one says it was completely sim because some penalties would be hard to implement without being completely random. But the ones that were there were no more random than any other aspect of the sport. It wasn't 100%, but it was a vital part of the game. That's the point. And there were sliders for them too!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »