Home

Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #57
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
I finally cranked up my penalty sliders a bit (between 75-100, depending on the penalty). What happened was I got a ton of facemasking penalties called. Until I did that, I was getting one penalty a game.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

Can't deny that I've lost interest in this game and it's due to the lack of realism from penalties. I can play a full 12 min qtr game and not get 1 penalty. Comical!!
Old 11-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #59
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
It's funny how we were talking about penalties in the NFL 2K series. Pass interference was called when you rammed your DB into the receiver on a pass. Offsides and false starts would happen when you would spam the cadence button. You'd get holding calls when going away from the original design of a play. Facemask penalties would be called when you tried to turbo tackle a guy and didn't line him up right - making a particular facemask animation play. Some of these, not all but some, are things that EA has YET to put into Madden to an acceptable level after 10 friggin' years! This is why people say that NFL 2K5 is still ahead of this series. The point was that the "randomness" was totally controlled by the user actions. There are MANY great ideas out there in the wild, let alone in a 10 year old game. Yet, Tiburon CHOOSES to not use those ideas. That's why I say screw that game until they get their thumbs out of their asses.

But, people keep buying the game, so this stuff will either change SLOWLY or not change at all.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 11-06-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #60
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
I finally cranked up my penalty sliders a bit (between 75-100, depending on the penalty). What happened was I got a ton of facemasking penalties called. Until I did that, I was getting one penalty a game.
Above 53 and the facemask penalty will be called a ridiculous amount.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 11-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #61
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Personally it doesn't bother me. I am someone who grew up in an era where penalties were rarely called, especially the ticky tack BS that is called in today's NFL (aka NBA with pads). I like my games to be decided by the players not the refs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #62
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Personally it doesn't bother me. I am someone who grew up in an era where penalties were rarely called, especially the ticky tack BS that is called in today's NFL (aka NBA with pads). I like my games to be decided by the players not the refs.
So you grew up in the late 1800's? lol. Penalties have been a big part of Football all through the Super Bowl era. There may be more illegal contact or PI penalties called now than 20 years ago but, it's not some new modern idea. It's fine if it doesn't bother you but, no penalties just isn't a football sim.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #63
Rookie

mathteacherct's Arena

OVR: 0
I think penalties need to be in the game. There is almost no pass interference, and when I've seen it its been a n o-line on a WR (haven't figured how that happens). I would like to see the ability to alter the frequency and type of penalty. How about late hits? It would encourage those really good players to be more precise in their moves. allowing sliders would let crappy players like myself make it a little easier, or harder.
I like the idea of connecting it to AWR. Less awareness = more likely to jump offsides, or hit a guy late. Higher AWR, less likely to do stupid stuff.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #64
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4
They don't get it at EA. Never have. Lack of penalties is the single biggest reason why games have to be shortened in length....just way too much scoring. It's not QBs that are too accurate, WRs that don't drop passes or that there are very few punts. It's the fact that drives are NEVER derailed by penalty calls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »