Home

Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #73
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Just because it doesn't follow the status quo doesn't mean it's right or wrong. Personally I don't enjoy penalties in the game. It doesn't make me any less of a "sim" player. I like skill to determine who wins a game not penalties. And actually it is a new "modern era" of football. In this era DB's arent allowed to so much as breathe on opposing WR's without it being a penalty. Defensive players can't touch the QB without it being a penalty. This is the Roger Goodell era where he wants games to be as highest scoring as possible. The best way to do that is give teams free yardage like a 5 yard penalty (incidental contact) wiping out a 4th and 40.

Imagine a Madden game like the Pittsburgh/Arizona SB where you gout screwed out of a win by the ref's. Imagine a game where the opposing WR falls on his own and you are called for a pass interference. Imagine a game like last years Pats/Panthers where your WR is bear hugged in the endzone on the final play and there is no call. That would be true sim and everyone here would be crying all day long about the game cheating and the game being broken. No one here really wants a true life sim, they want certain aspects of it but not all.
Similar to the Fail Mary a few years ago. That game was dictated by replacement refs.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that every once in awhile, but, to each their own.

Penalties are part of the NFL game, no reason why they can't be a part of a NFL video game.

I hope you don't mean skill relating to the fastest fingers in the west, ie thumb jockey.

I've been harping on this for several years, if others feel the same way, it's not too late to throw in the towel. A year ago last November, Rex Dickson mentioned if PI wasn't in this years game, it might be in 16.

Last edited by roadman; 11-09-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:12 AM   #74
Just started!

OVR: 0

I could of sworn I heard something in the past about penalties being implemnted correctly in Madden 15, was wrong again. [img]
Old 11-09-2014, 02:38 AM   #75
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Similar to the Fail Mary a few years ago. That game was dictated by replacement refs.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that every once in awhile, but, to each their own.

Penalties are part of the NFL game, no reason why they can't be a part of a NFL video game.

I hope you don't mean skill relating to the fastest fingers in the west, ie thumb jockey.

I've been harping on this for several years, if others feel the same way, it's not too late to throw in the towel. A year ago last November, Rex Dickson mentioned if PI wasn't in this years game, it might be in 16.
I meant Skill more as in actual NFL games not so much in the game. I have no problem with penalties being in Madden I just don't want them to replicate the real NFL. I don't want to see a PI call every other play in my video games or roughing the passer every time the system thinks I come too close to the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 03:40 AM   #76
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

...Just make the sliders work?
Old 11-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
...Just make the sliders work?
Exactly. Make the sliders work as intended and you can have any kind of game you want by setting them high, low, or whatever. Simple solution.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #78
Just started!

I could of sworn I heard something in the past about penalties being implemnted correctly in Madden 15, was wrong again.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 10
Has there ever *been* a video football game that had realistic penalties? What about the great, vaunted NFL 2K5?
Old 11-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #80
All Star

OVR: 2

No, no game has ever really gotten it right. The 2k series did have actual penalty animations though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »