Home

Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
what irks me is that if i never saw it done before. i would chalk it up to it being that difficult to put in the game. but thats not the case. hell madden on genesis had off/def PI that worked pretty well. when the nfl started illegal contact 2k put it in their game the same year back in 2004. yet 14 years later ea only pretty much has the same sh1t. its frustrating. because i saw it done by ea before and that other game
Old 11-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #34
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
It's simple. Give a slider for every penalty in football. Make the sliders actually work. Fix them so they don't affect the gameplay. They should only cause more or less of said penalty. Tie the likeliness of them to the players awareness or a discipline rating. They can even have them off for online ranked and MUT. Just give us options. It's not not that complicated.
Totally agree. I find the design of the sliders to be both perplexing and frustrating. If I increase the holding slider, it should simply make the referee call more holding calls. I am trying to imagine the design meeting at EA...."Well, if holding slider is increased, then lineman should release their blocks sooner....and the QB should get rid of the ball quicker and FG kickers should be more accurate"...What??? Stop over thinking this EA. It really shoudn't be that hard. There should be a simple formula with a probability off a holding call. Adjust that probalby by the player ratings of the O-Lineman and the defender he is blocking, and then again by the holding slider. That's it. You DON'T have to factor in the down & distance or score or "momentum" or whatever gimmick you are pushing. Keep it simple, it will work.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

If its in the game......Whatever happened to that slogan? When's the last time you watched a game without a holding call?

I can't imagine a football fan who is a programmer who had programmed holding calls into previous versions could just in good conscience say Oh well when they saw absolutely no holding calls.

I think the problem is the people who are creating the game don't want a sim experience themselves. Like everyone else says, just make a penalties ON/Off switch for those who don't want them.

Last edited by fistofrage; 11-06-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #36
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5
The ONLY regularly called NFL penalty I haven't seen in game thus far, is the pass interference call on either CPU or human, and thats using a tweaked version of Charter's sliders for use in All Madden dynasty play.

I just had the CPU get called for throwing past the line of scrimmage last night, which actually made me say WOW out loud. Also In game I have seen roughing the passer, offsides, delay of game, face masking, clipping, false start and holding called on the CPU. I have not seen any pass interference (despite setting both to 100), intentional grounding, or roughing the kicker in game yet.

Here is a link to the forum post where a group of OS members are corroborating all findings from the the penalty slider tweaks and their effects in game per testing.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/759873-penalty-explanation-theory.html
Old 11-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
The ONLY regularly called NFL penalty I haven't seen in game thus far, is the pass interference call on either CPU or human, and thats using a tweaked version of Charter's sliders for use in All Madden dynasty play.

I just had the CPU get called for throwing past the line of scrimmage last night, which actually made me say WOW out loud. Also In game I have seen roughing the passer, offsides, delay of game, face masking, clipping, false start and holding called on the CPU. I have not seen any pass interference (despite setting both to 100), intentional grounding, or roughing the kicker in game yet.

Here is a link to the forum post where a group of OS members are corroborating all findings from the the penalty slider tweaks and their effects in game per testing.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-theory.html
How often do you see the holding call? Be honest and we are talking about PS4 Xbox 1, we know that there is holding called on last gen..
Old 11-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #38
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yes. That would be perfect. That way 1-100 would actually mean 1-100. good idea
picking up the snark, and realizing you missed the part where i stated "solid representaion of factual statistics."

which wouldn't be hard to calculate over a given weekend, how many false starts there were this week among each team, and gather the average. a setting at 50% would garner you about ½ the average, where a setting at 100 would strive you toward in,around, or over the average.

i assure you in certain situations, pass interference for the 6th time this game would boil your blood.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
picking up the snark, and realizing you missed the part where i stated "solid representaion of factual statistics."

which wouldn't be hard to calculate over a given weekend, how many false starts there were this week among each team, and gather the average. a setting at 50% would garner you about ½ the average, where a setting at 100 would strive you toward in,around, or over the average.

i assure you in certain situations, pass interference for the 6th time this game would boil your blood.
It wouldn't boil my blood if I turned the penalties on and adjusted PI to give me PI penalties. Its part of the game. Guys with good awareness won't commit the penalties, lower rated players should.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 1
The thing that is the most frustrating part about penalties is that EA has years worth of statistical data that any professional programmer should be able to write code for. And there are so many penalties that really don't need any added animations. False start, offsides, unnecessary roughness, roughing the passer, and facemask are already in the game. I would also argue PI and illegal contact are as well they just are not called. Things like illegal motion, neutral zone infraction, defensive holding, defenseless receiver, etc could basically be called without any animation. Half the time I can't see the foul in a real game anyways. Personally, I would take a realistic amount of penalties called with no animation for them versus animation with no penalties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »