Home

NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

It feels like something has changed with the gameplay, having played a bit today. It feels easier to get by defenders and the AI seems a bit dumbed down. Anyone else notice or is this my imagination?
Old 10-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #50
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
It feels like something has changed with the gameplay, having played a bit today. It feels easier to get by defenders and the AI seems a bit dumbed down. Anyone else notice or is this be my imagination?
SS or all star?
Old 10-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #51
MVP

^^Superstar. I'm noticing a lot more CPU standing in one place dribbling while the shot clock winds down and defenders falling down constantly with minimal contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #52
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Will the Patch address the lack of 3s taken by the CPU team? or is that a Roster (player tendency) issue?

Also would like to see teams to play like their real-life counterpart such as the Hawks as I mentioned in another thread (some teams utilize their star players and some do not)
Old 10-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #53
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
^^Superstar. I'm noticing a lot more CPU standing in one place dribbling while the shot clock winds down and defenders falling down constantly with minimal contact.
I'm not seeing what you're experiencing but the update does feel different. I dunno what it is.....need to play more....

Lol these ninja patches through roster updates....smh
Old 10-30-2014, 11:17 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm not seeing what you're experiencing but the update does feel different. I dunno what it is.....need to play more....

Lol these ninja patches through roster updates....smh
Word, gameplay tweaks definitely happen. Something felt different... it actually felt better the last game I played. This is on PC btw... could be different.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:25 AM   #55
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Misinformation...?

It's an opinion. If you disagree with it, tell me why instead of just calling me a liar.

Do you play the game online? Because someone who plays it online and someone who only plays it offline will have different opinions.

If you are playing the CPU or another human who agrees to play the game the way it was designed to be played...you're probably okay and the game will play pretty sim. It's a decent experience.

Then go hop online and play a game. After a turbo-abusing, zig-zagging mouth breather goes 16-for-19 with Blake Griffin against you...you'll have a different opinion. I know I do...

I'm not just here to complain. I recognize some of the issues may be "user error". Understanding that, I went ahead and put some of the suggestions from this interview to use in a few games.

Mike Wang is correct. If you use less turbo and intense D on defense, you can see some improvements. But they are minor. There is still a major issue with responsiveness on defense. Just try to contest a shot with the stick manually or try to block a shot manually.

After the player you control either does NOTHING...or does something 2 seconds after the fact, you'll see the issue.

The increased control on offense, especially with the turbo button, makes this even more of a factor. Offensive players are at a huge advantage.
Totally agree with you man. I think they made this game to be pick up and play for online. Way too easy to do whatever you want with whomever you want. Its far from realistic or Sim to me when it comes to online play.

The momentum system is a killer. I can almost guarantee this momentum system was not in 2k11. They had things so right in that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 02:21 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Totally agree with you man. I think they made this game to be pick up and play for online. Way too easy to do whatever you want with whomever you want. Its far from realistic or Sim to me when it comes to online play.

The momentum system is a killer. I can almost guarantee this momentum system was not in 2k11. They had things so right in that game.
In 2k11 I can recall easily using the hop step to score at will in the paint. Also dunks and oops were easy. Also the thr fadeaway 3 point cheese was in full effect so no it wasn't better at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »