Home

NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Bottom line is the players in the game don't play with the same athleticism and explosiveness that real NBA players play with. That needs to be fixed for 2K16.
are you serious about this. Player attributes for the most part are spot on.

As a user, you have to factor in physics etc. Certain moves just cant be stringed together with explosiveness once you factor in a players momentum.
I also believe that players react differently based on the sim, casual and default settings.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

not so sure I like the altered my career AI.I definitely shouldn't be the centerpiece of the team if I'm a 68 OVR rookie. I'm totally fine with playing my role and taking the shots that come to me naturally; I too wish we had options to use the default AI.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #35
Pro

I'd love to hear some answers about adding compression shorts and tanks for MC. Or extending the padded pants, compression pants etc to extend as opposed to cutting off at the knees.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #36
MVP

Q: Is there anything in the patch that helps with the way PG's bring the ball up court?
A: I'm working on making it easier to walk the ball upcourt if that's what you're asking.

Does this mean 2K16 or a 2K15 patch?
Old 10-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #37
Banned

Q: One thing that has bothered me on various installments of NBA 2k basketball games and is very present in 2k15 is the CPU ability to recover from contact, forcing it's way into the paint creating contact and then able to go up for a perfect released shot, should there not be a mili-second of recovery to gather then go up for the shot or just more of forced release animation.

A: Yes. This bothers me too. Bad news is, we can't do much about this in a patch as it's quite a widespread issue. Good news is that it's a big focus for 2K16. The main issue is that our dribbler and body up systems don't do a good job passing information to our shot systems. We're looking at solutions for this now.

SMH....
Old 10-30-2014, 05:35 PM   #38
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Q: Is there anything in the patch that helps with the way PG's bring the ball up court?
A: I'm working on making it easier to walk the ball upcourt if that's what you're asking.

Does this mean 2K16 or a 2K15 patch?
2k15 patch... which is playing much better btw
Old 10-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
2k15 patch... which is playing much better btw
Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
It plays nowhere near NBA Jam and I don't know why you keep spewing this misinformation.
Misinformation...?

It's an opinion. If you disagree with it, tell me why instead of just calling me a liar.

Do you play the game online? Because someone who plays it online and someone who only plays it offline will have different opinions.

If you are playing the CPU or another human who agrees to play the game the way it was designed to be played...you're probably okay and the game will play pretty sim. It's a decent experience.

Then go hop online and play a game. After a turbo-abusing, zig-zagging mouth breather goes 16-for-19 with Blake Griffin against you...you'll have a different opinion. I know I do...

I'm not just here to complain. I recognize some of the issues may be "user error". Understanding that, I went ahead and put some of the suggestions from this interview to use in a few games.

Mike Wang is correct. If you use less turbo and intense D on defense, you can see some improvements. But they are minor. There is still a major issue with responsiveness on defense. Just try to contest a shot with the stick manually or try to block a shot manually.

After the player you control either does NOTHING...or does something 2 seconds after the fact, you'll see the issue.

The increased control on offense, especially with the turbo button, makes this even more of a factor. Offensive players are at a huge advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »