Home

NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Director Mike Wang took to the Operation Sports forums this month to answer questions about this year's game.

Because that forum thread now contains hundreds of posts, I extracted the most interesting and important questions and answers for this piece.

I broke it down based on topics, including dribbling, player movement, game controls, and more.

Thanks to Mike for taking the time, jersez for starting the conversation, and all the Operation Sports Forums users who participated in the discussion.

Read More - NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
Thanks for up****** it, Thread got derailed pretty fast but good stuff, glad we could do the Q&A for three straight years.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
I guess that answers why the teammate AI is so dumb and get killed by the opposing AI every damn time... Damn shame. This is my last purchase of 2K, they've become so sloppy and non caring since getting rid of Live.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

Still really no answers on fouls. Welp.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Yea but it's not just about the teammate AI trying to "cooperate" with you and give you assists or the AI not taking shots. It's more about the AI being absolutely terrible when they do take shots completely missing wide open looks when they have 80+ attribute in that particular type of shot.

This was a good read, but there is definitely something wrong with the teammate AI. Dwight Howard becomes completely stupid in MyPlayer but he's a baller in MyLeague. He can't make a rebound to save his life in MyPlayer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0
Interesting stuff. I was able to learn a few things...and see that these guys take this seriously.

I still think there are some major issues...especially when it comes to player speed/turbo, zig-zagging, and PG control coming up the court and at the top of the key. It's hard to defend in the game, which is fine...but almost impossible to defend a PG as he brings the ball down the court. It's almost like they have some sort of boost.

The only thing I don't like is how he says you should just gap off on defense in order to not get beat. That sounds great...and I agree with it in theory. The problem is if you do that against human players you will just get 50 prefect release 3's drilled in your face because of the new shot meter.

So...if we want to actually be able to play defense on the ball in this game it means we're going to get 50 3's drilled in our face every game. Uh...you do see the problem here, right?
Old 10-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6
The reason the AI acts dumb on defense is because the movement of your myplayer is unrealistic so your teammates have to cover your guy because of this. I hardly ever use turbo to begin with, especially on defense for all the 2k games I have played, yet this year it's like the turbo button is auto locked on. I never seen guys move soooo stupid playing D. And holding down the left trigger (xbox controller) makes it worse. From what I can tell just using the joy stick without any thing else pressed works best. Using anything else and your guy just slips and slides all over the court on defense(still does with just the joystick if you do not just tap the joystick, tap, tap, FREAKING TAP). It's a joke to me.

With Madden I'm upset but I understand they just never have done a good job so I never expect anything different, but with 2k bball I'm pi**ed out of my mind because it was close to perfect all these years, than they decided to do this crap. Not to mention I can't even use custom rosters in my offline career mode(unless I'm doing something wrong).

Last edited by burter; 10-30-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

OVR: 6
They need to patch the missing in-game stat menus ASAP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »