Home

NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourHazard216
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING. NBA Live 14 is arguably one of the worst non canceled NBA games to ever be put out. You can possibly get any worse than 14. So of course it could only go up from there. But this game is absolutely no where near the overall quality of "the other game" yet. MAYBE in a few years. But not now.
Be careful. This is a very sensitive forum...

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #42
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Be careful. This is a very sensitive forum...
Ha! Every individual game forum on this site is sensitive if you don't follow the masses. This one is not any more sensitive then the others.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
One thing that really bothers me is that for some reason, fast players like John Wall and Dame Lillard slow down to a snail pace when they are ahead of the pack and defenders catch up and sometimes pass them to get into position. That shouldn’t happen with the fastest players in the game, with or without the ball.

THIS! Thought I was the only one who notice this since I didn't notice anyone say anything about it, this MUST be fixed in the day 1 patch!
I pointed this out in WTF's videos the other day....

It seems like all players are moving at the same speed and just from the videos it appears you won't actually see any real blow by's in this game.

You can fake out someone and then go but in terms of straight blow buys there seems to be a issue.

I would like to see someone like Westbrook or Parker destroy a slow footed PG like Jose Calderon for example.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-27-2014, 07:40 PM   #44
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I just had one with LBJ against Doug McDermott Blew right past him and baseline for the wrap around dunk.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I just had one with LBJ against Doug McDermott Blew right past him and baseline for the wrap around dunk.
do you know if they included a game speed slider this year?

I know they have the standard Foul sliders but what about a actual game speed slider...

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #46
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

No, its not unfortunately.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I pointed this out in WTF's videos the other day....

It seems like all players are moving at the same speed and just from the videos it appears you won't actually see any real blow by's in this game.

You can fake out someone and then go but in terms of straight blow buys there seems to be a issue.

I would like to see someone like Westbrook or Parker destroy a slow footed PG like Jose Calderon for example.
You haven't seen D. Rose being guarded by Nash yet I guess? Lol

I play really conservative on D. I don't press PG's out past the 3pt line. I play a sagging type D so it's rare that I get beat off the dribble. As soon as I see I'm about to get beat a lot of times i'm calling for help. Especially when I have a mismatch down on the block.

I love playing D in this game

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 10-27-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Man this is the realest thing I've read in regards to NBA Live in years. We're in 2014 and people are saying a game with bad animation, bad AI, no customization and no sliders is a decent foundation lol. EA has been making bball games for almost 30 years. I will not give them a break on judgement like they're a new company. I see people complain about the other game, but they view them in two different lenses as if they both don't cost $60. The more I play Live, the more frustrated I get and the more it seems like a graphics patch to 14. You're supposed to blow us away, not have us going "man, this is almost basketball... thumbs up" lol. If we want true competition, in my mind we have to stop supporting half efforts and demand more. In 2014 I should not have to pay $60 for a bball game and wait for EA patches to tune and update everything. I'm not a fan boy of the other game either. I'm a bball fan. This game is so far behind that it can't catch up like this, because the other game won't stand still. I think they had the right idea with Elite reboot, it was just poorly executed. Dropping a sequel to Live 10 with stripped down options on a next gen system is a 3.5 out of 10 to me in 2014. This wouldn't have passed in 2010, but since the bar is so low it's praised in 2014?
Exactly bro well said! I want Live to succeed because we need competition in all sports games for that matter, but this game needs to be judged by 2015 standards. I don't want to turn this into a Live vs 2K thread but the fact is EA has been making basketball games a lot longer than 2K & it seems like people forget that. We all know Live is playing catch up but like you said they're still charging full price for the game so it should be judged accordingly. I do see the potential in Live & I'm sure it can be a nice change of pace for some, but for me I just can't justify paying full price for another basketball when it's cleary a work in progress. This is coming from a guy who grew up on Live & started out playing Lakers vs Celtics on Sega Genesis lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »