Home

NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
I just hope when its reviewed its reviewed fairly and not under the "hype" glasses that its now a playable game...If that Day one patch doesnt fix the continuous player clipping issue and AI logic then thats gonna be a big issue...I dont care how fun/sim/not sim/arcade/not arcade it is...

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
My man I was thinking the same thing, but because people try and play all games the same. They are to boo boo all over the game, because it doesnt play like 2K. I can see them going a 6 rating, look at how low OS rated 2K this year. Now way they are going to give Live a rating close to 2K.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychitown312
My man I was thinking the same thing, but because people try and play all games the same. They are to boo boo all over the game, because it doesnt play like 2K. I can see them going a 6 rating, look at how low OS rated 2K this year. Now way they are going to give Live a rating close to 2K.
correction, they are not going to give Live a rating close to what they gave 2K
Old 10-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #35
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

The only things stopping me from day 1 purchase are

No editing of players
And no roster edits

If I'm going to spend 65 bucks for a game I want to be able to play it my way. I'll just wait for a price drop or maybe a patch to fix these issues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9
Are there sliders or not? Steve mentioned not having sliders will kill the game, but then says bumping up the foul sliders... This confused me.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #37
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

There are 4 foul sliders.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This is not an attack at anyone but I find it funny that people keep saying "it's an improvement over last year". How could it not be? Lol. I appreciate that EA is putting in the effort & trying get this game to where in needs to be, but at the same time I don't get this sympathy treatment that Live is getting. So EA puts out a piss poor game in Live 14 (after basically having 4 years to get their act together)....This years game is improved over last year & some are over praising them for it. It's the old build em up to tear em down analogy. They set the bar so low for themselves that any improvement is exaggerated. I think people are so thirsty for competition & want Live to succeed if for nothing else to continue to have a choice in basketball games which I'm all for. My point is that the game is at least respectable this year but it's still nowhere near where it needs to be going into 2015. In my opinion Live 15 is a slight improvement over Live 10 & that's not good enough in 2015. There are some things done well in Live 15 & dare I say better than "the other game" (foot planting, atmosphere, halftime presentation, etc..) but the on the court gameplay still has a ways to go. If EA can get the animations to play out smoothly, add more of a variety of animations & greatly improve the AI then they could be onto something going forward. Then again we've been saying that for how many years now........?
Man this is the realest thing I've read in regards to NBA Live in years. We're in 2014 and people are saying a game with bad animation, bad AI, no customization and no sliders is a decent foundation lol. EA has been making bball games for almost 30 years. I will not give them a break on judgement like they're a new company. I see people complain about the other game, but they view them in two different lenses as if they both don't cost $60. The more I play Live, the more frustrated I get and the more it seems like a graphics patch to 14. You're supposed to blow us away, not have us going "man, this is almost basketball... thumbs up" lol. If we want true competition, in my mind we have to stop supporting half efforts and demand more. In 2014 I should not have to pay $60 for a bball game and wait for EA patches to tune and update everything. I'm not a fan boy of the other game either. I'm a bball fan. This game is so far behind that it can't catch up like this, because the other game won't stand still. I think they had the right idea with Elite reboot, it was just poorly executed. Dropping a sequel to Live 10 with stripped down options on a next gen system is a 3.5 out of 10 to me in 2014. This wouldn't have passed in 2010, but since the bar is so low it's praised in 2014?
Old 10-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #39
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This is not an attack at anyone but I find it funny that people keep saying "it's an improvement over last year". How could it not be? Lol. I appreciate that EA is putting in the effort & trying get this game to where in needs to be, but at the same time I don't get this sympathy treatment that Live is getting. So EA puts out a piss poor game in Live 14 (after basically having 4 years to get their act together)....This years game is improved over last year & some are over praising them for it. It's the old build em up to tear em down analogy. They set the bar so low for themselves that any improvement is exaggerated. I think people are so thirsty for competition & want Live to succeed if for nothing else to continue to have a choice in basketball games which I'm all for. My point is that the game is at least respectable this year but it's still nowhere near where it needs to be going into 2015. In my opinion Live 15 is a slight improvement over Live 10 & that's not good enough in 2015. There are some things done well in Live 15 & dare I say better than "the other game" (foot planting, atmosphere, halftime presentation, etc..) but the on the court gameplay still has a ways to go. If EA can get the animations to play out smoothly, add more of a variety of animations & greatly improve the AI then they could be onto something going forward. Then again we've been saying that for how many years now........?
Very valid points here. I haven't played Live so I am no way prejudging the game however I think people can play Live 15 and immediately recognize the improvements both with visuals and gameplay. Because of this it is easy for people to say "Wow look at how much better Live is. EA put in so much." And like you said that work had to be done. Few would consider Live 14 a good game so if minimal improvements were made the series would be in severe touble.

Now, in comparison, the 2015 edition of "the competition" does not have improvements that jump out from the get go. I am a fan of the series and my first reaction when I began playing was "ok this is very similar to last year." As I continued to play more the changes became more evident but the are subtle changes that the average fan might not pick up on. Because of this I think people look at the game and say "The game is barely changed. There are still so many unaddressed issue. The company didn't put in any work."

It is really just the tale of two different games, and I am not talking about the play styles of the games. One game is playing catch up and needs to make big improvements to stay viable. The other game is in the driver's seat and doesn't need huge improvements year after year. It is not without flaws and could see bigger improvements on a year to year basis but the improvements aren't a necessity for the game to survive.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 14
Looking at that pick of Deandre Jordan. My 1st thought was "what the hell is Joey Porter doing in a NBA game." The players have that Madden Body Image vibe going on where every player looks as though they use Barry Bonds Personal trainer.

Like some of the others here it seems EA gets treated with kid gloves with every thing they put out.
I laugh everytime I see someone post about their "heading in the right direction" or
"they have a solid foundation to build on ." or "wait until next year"

Last edited by MissionMaximus; 10-27-2014 at 06:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »