Home

NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
One thing that really bothers me is that for some reason, fast players like John Wall and Dame Lillard slow down to a snail pace when they are ahead of the pack and defenders catch up and sometimes pass them to get into position. That shouldn’t happen with the fastest players in the game, with or without the ball.

THIS! Thought I was the only one who notice this since I didn't notice anyone say anything about it, this MUST be fixed in the day 1 patch!

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 10-27-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by champsbasketball
Also I don't want Nba Live to turn down stealing the ball just make more animations for the cpu to protect the ball and react to double teams faster. also give us the option to be able to steal the ball with either hand.
THIS TOO! I can't stand how the cpu pg sits stationary at the top of the 3 point line in a goofy looking protect the ball animation, it looks horrible like they are posing for a picture, on top of that they dont even protect the ball because when you reach they don't even move making it an easy steal.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 10-27-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #27
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This is not an attack at anyone but I find it funny that people keep saying "it's an improvement over last year". How could it not be? Lol. I appreciate that EA is putting in the effort & trying get this game to where in needs to be, but at the same time I don't get this sympathy treatment that Live is getting. So EA puts out a piss poor game in Live 14 (after basically having 4 years to get their act together)....This years game is improved over last year & some are over praising them for it. It's the old build em up to tear em down analogy. They set the bar so low for themselves that any improvement is exaggerated. I think people are so thirsty for competition & want Live to succeed if for nothing else to continue to have a choice in basketball games which I'm all for. My point is that the game is at least respectable this year but it's still nowhere near where it needs to be going into 2015. In my opinion Live 15 is a slight improvement over Live 10 & that's not good enough in 2015. There are some things done well in Live 15 & dare I say better than "the other game" (foot planting, atmosphere, halftime presentation, etc..) but the on the court gameplay still has a ways to go. If EA can get the animations to play out smoothly, add more of a variety of animations & greatly improve the AI then they could be onto something going forward. Then again we've been saying that for how many years now........?

I agree with your post as well. I have an PS4, but went to my friend's house this past weekend to try out the game on his Xbox One. I see the improvements, but I'm still irked that we had to wait this long to get a playable basketball game from EA. The animations, late game A.I., edit and customization options need to be ramped up in Live 16. Live 15 can officially be called a stepping stone because you see the potential, but those things that I mentioned earlier still hold the game back. They need to make sure they are selecting the right staff for next years iteration as well because I want to see a true next gen experience from this title.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #28
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
I just hope when its reviewed its reviewed fairly and not under the "hype" glasses that its now a playable game...If that Day one patch doesnt fix the continuous player clipping issue and AI logic then thats gonna be a big issue...I dont care how fun/sim/not sim/arcade/not arcade it is...

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
The hype glasses are starting to come off for some people around here already.

Out of curiosity are/should Day 1 patches be included in reviews? I never really thought about it until now. Cause most review sites play the game before the patches kicks in, but it will be interesting to see nonetheless.

Last edited by WaddupCouzin; 10-27-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Agreed but somehow the "fun factor" is there for me. I have both games and for some reason I keep playing Live...
I know!!! NBA Live is sneakily developing a good game.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #30
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
From what I've seen it looks like it still has some of those funky old Live animations. Hopefully next year they can really start to push the envelope with EVERYTHING in the game and really blow us away. Looks solid for now though, probably something I'll get when it's at a discounted price.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #31
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Hey Steve, box out is the Left Trigger, just like you're playing defense, and towards the player you want to block out. I use it all of the time.

Also, check it out after the Day 1 Patch, as a lot of what you all have seen is toned down or remedied through it.

Good read fellas.
Man I thought they didn't add a box out button lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #32
Rookie

whats funny about some of the complaints, the same thing happens in 2K15. 2K has to many steals because the ball floats all the time. I am going to look at there evaluation of 2K15 and see do they mention how when you spin the ball always hits the person. The steals and the floating passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »