Home

NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #9
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Hey Steve, box out is the Left Trigger, just like you're playing defense, and towards the player you want to block out. I use it all of the time.

Also, check it out after the Day 1 Patch, as a lot of what you all have seen is toned down or remedied through it.

Good read fellas.
Ah yes, I just tried it. I thought I was going crazy. Didn't see it in the controls, just figured it wasn't even there. Thanks!

Good to hear the Day 1 patch will fix a lot of my complaints.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
Interesting write-up, but can we really call a two-person discussion a roundtable? Was hoping for more opinions rather than two people. Where is Chris in all this?
I was hoping for more to write about it as well, unfortunately Glenn was sick all weekend and Chris doesn't have an Xbox One.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, I'm a beast with K-Love and Lebron on the boards. I get great satisfaction of going into the paint, finding a guy and putting a body on him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0
This is not an attack at anyone but I find it funny that people keep saying "it's an improvement over last year". How could it not be? Lol. I appreciate that EA is putting in the effort & trying get this game to where in needs to be, but at the same time I don't get this sympathy treatment that Live is getting. So EA puts out a piss poor game in Live 14 (after basically having 4 years to get their act together)....This years game is improved over last year & some are over praising them for it. It's the old build em up to tear em down analogy. They set the bar so low for themselves that any improvement is exaggerated. I think people are so thirsty for competition & want Live to succeed if for nothing else to continue to have a choice in basketball games which I'm all for. My point is that the game is at least respectable this year but it's still nowhere near where it needs to be going into 2015. In my opinion Live 15 is a slight improvement over Live 10 & that's not good enough in 2015. There are some things done well in Live 15 & dare I say better than "the other game" (foot planting, atmosphere, halftime presentation, etc..) but the on the court gameplay still has a ways to go. If EA can get the animations to play out smoothly, add more of a variety of animations & greatly improve the AI then they could be onto something going forward. Then again we've been saying that for how many years now........?
Old 10-27-2014, 02:17 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 33
Why is no one talking about the Modes in this came?
Old 10-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #14
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

A question I have is does nba live use motion cap tech for player movement and animations? Its like they use CPU generated movements for shot animations , dunks and other things which cause a unrealistic feel.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This is not an attack at anyone but I find it funny that people keep saying "it's an improvement over last year". How could it not be? Lol. I appreciate that EA is putting in the effort & trying get this game to where in needs to be, but at the same time I don't get this sympathy treatment that Live is getting. So EA puts out a piss poor game in Live 14 (after basically having 4 years to get their act together)....This years game is improved over last year & some are over praising them for it. It's the old build em up to tear em down analogy. They set the bar so low for themselves that any improvement is exaggerated. I think people are so thirsty for competition & want Live to succeed if for nothing else to continue to have a choice in basketball games which I'm all for. My point is that the game is at least respectable this year but it's still nowhere near where it needs to be going into 2015. In my opinion Live 15 is a slight improvement over Live 10 & that's not good enough in 2015. There are some things done well in Live 15 & dare I say better than "the other game" (foot planting, atmosphere, halftime presentation, etc..) but the on the court gameplay still has a ways to go. If EA can get the animations to play out smoothly, add more of a variety of animations & greatly improve the AI then they could be onto something going forward. Then again we've been saying that for how many years now........?
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING. NBA Live 14 is arguably one of the worst non canceled NBA games to ever be put out. You can possibly get any worse than 14. So of course it could only go up from there. But this game is absolutely no where near the overall quality of "the other game" yet. MAYBE in a few years. But not now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourHazard216
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING. NBA Live 14 is arguably one of the worst non canceled NBA games to ever be put out. You can possibly get any worse than 14. So of course it could only go up from there. But this game is absolutely no where near the overall quality of "the other game" yet. MAYBE in a few years. But not now.
Agreed but somehow the "fun factor" is there for me. I have both games and for some reason I keep playing Live...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »