Home

NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable)

I play pro level as well with sliders. I've always wanted a sim. game and they nailed it this year..( my league) Although I wish we can get rid of autosave!!! I look at it like this, past 14 years of nba 2k with 10 min qts usually ended with 95-105 shots pergame.(per team). This year I'm putting up about 70-85 shots. This only means I'm actually doing the right things instead of exploiting the crappy AI...
Old 10-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 11
MyLeague is so much fun because of this. Drafting players and learning how your players play is essential. If you have bum on defense the cpu will expoit and expose the bum. Even the free throws are more difficult for some reason. Thqnk you 2ksporte
Old 10-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #11
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I've noticed the biggest differences when it comes to things like team defense and rebounding. With my Bulls, I usually own the glass, and their size down low provides me with plenty of rim protection, as well as viable options in the post. I had taken these things for granted a bit, until I played with the Lakers the other day. Suddenly, my scrubby bigs couldn't grab a rebound, and I basically abandoned post play altogether after a flurry of Jordan Hill bricks at close range.

I've also found that my knowledge of the players has served me well this year, as the tendencies seem quite realistic from my experience so far. When I'm locked in mentally, I'm closing out on the shooters, backing off the guys who I want to shoot jumpers, etc. This is one of those games that really requires a lot of thinking to be successful, almost to the point where I don't even play if I'm tired, or distracted in any way. That's a very good thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #12
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Ive played with a few teams and they all felt different. I couldnt do the same thing with all teams. I had to adjust...finally decided to settle with Houston. I am making it my mission to master their playbook. harden is a beast. When I control him I feel like I can take anyone off the dribble...something I never felt in nba 2k14 , and that has a lot to do with weight and speed finally playing a factor. I am just loving this game
Old 10-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9
I'm 2 and 10 with the timberwolves and loving every minute of it .
Old 10-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelmeoriginal
Offline, great job. Online, it's an absolute joke.
Offline it seems everything works & why can't we cannot adjust the poe's & individual defensive settings, so we could get a feel for them, Online it seems that none of the defensive settings work & its one & gun, one crossover move & you're at the hoop. If you play on broadcast(which i don't do but 2k is forcing me to) you can play a lil better defense, but on the offensive side its crowded & its harder to get to the hole. Just the opposite on 2k cam. And the offensive rebounding is horrible
Old 10-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3
Maybe on next gen online defense is weak but on current gen the defense is tough this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #16
Rookie

tb24ster's Arena

Where are the HIGHLIGHTS at the end of game ? It was in the game at launch day!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »