Home

NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable)

Every time a new sports game releases, there are changes to the core gameplay which changes how you play the game. In this roundtable our staff writers explain what they are doing differently to find success thus far this year in NBA 2K15. Be sure to leave your own suggestions in the comments!

Read More - NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
I've only played a handful of times however, I felt this change immediately.
I tried to win a game with Kobe and after the AI adjusted I could not break double teams, and I didn't have a good supporting cast to beat the AI with a passing Kobe. Now I try to play with a team philosophy and pick my spots of when I need to run an offense through a player. I actually love the offline gameplay...great work 2K!
Old 10-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
First 2K that made me trade a player ( association mode) Andre Bargnani out of frustration. Opposition continued to exploit him for the bum he is on defense. Ai is really to be contented with and takes no prisoners

Last edited by silverbane; 10-14-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Offline, great job. Online, it's an absolute joke.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Yes....just beat the Heat yesterday by feeding my post players and attacking the basket forced them to shot from outside alot and they were easily dispatched.

Before that I played the Heat and lost by 30. 2k was serious when they said "Hero Ball" was no longer a viable option to win games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #6
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7
totally agree with this article. This is a sim gamers dream. In about 5 games, I have gotten more made than I ever have at any previous iteration of the game. I realized it was me, I had to change the way I played. I had to make adjustments. Then I started to have success. Even on the easier settings of the game, the cpu will outthink you. My enjoyment from this game comes from my knowledge of basketball and me making adjustments that work and watching the cpu do the same. The game will not allow you to "arcade cheese" your way to victory. It hurts a lot, but I love this game. There is nothing better than making a good team defensive possession. When has anyone ever said that about any video game ever. I don't think a week or month is long enough to give this game an accurate review. All of the internet based stuff aside, this is the best AI video game of all time. I enjoy the game and I fret to admit, I even enjoy losing.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
I agree with most of what everyone said ive tried my gm with the kings knicks and rockets and cant get that pick up that game trade a few guys get a couple of F.A. and boom 10 game win streak this game is challenging i can see myself picking a bad team and having a mediocre season while trying really hard...in the past the only way i wasnt a top three squad whatever team i played at was if i simmed

Also i have to say this challenge to me is on pro right now i will def get much better but its on pro now and i feel this way just gives me hope to when i step my level up how difficult it will be to play lol.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1
This is very promising...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »