Home

NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
So did 2k lie about getting experts to fix the server issues?
No, Companies always look out for your best and never put the truth in a deceiving manner Especially if it's only a matter of a couple dozen millions of profit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

Iīm one of those who thinks 7.0 is way too low.
I never play online, so I donīt care for servers (except of downloading rosters, which works fine). But I do understand that others are dissapointed.

But 7.0 is still too law.
In the end, this is a basketball game and the most important thing is on-court. And 2K15 is by far the best basketball ever made and itīs not even close.
And beside that, we have one of the best modes ever in a sports game with MyLeague and one of the best features ever with Injury 2.0.
So even with the online problems I give this game a 8.0 at the lowest.

But thatīs just my opinion.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #83
Banned

so if im a new gamer wanting a bball game. based on OS reviews i should buy 2k14. GTFOH with that. i really believe the way reviews are handled have to change. with all the online features in games today. a 2 week window for reviewing online features should be enough. now if stuff still aint right tee off on how bad online part of a game is. but to see 2k14 is rated higher than 15 is a joke. i dont care how bad the servers are. no way 14 should be rated higher. 15 is better than 14 at everything
Old 10-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #84
Rookie

"When I was in college, I had a friend with whom I had a lot of fun, memorable times. But he had a terrible flaw — he did a notoriously awful job answering and returning text messages and phone calls. When we hung out, it was great. But I often felt a lot of disappointment and frustration when we were apart because he made it so hard to get together. In the end, I could either just enjoy it when we did hang out, or drop the friendship."

Wow... you hit the nail right on the head. That was a perfect metaphor.

The only thing that bugs me about this review is that I feel like reviewers have just accepted as fact that NBA 2k15 has great gameplay. The plays and freelance offense notwithstanding, It really doesn't. I wish there would be some honest, objective critiques of things like floaty and slow passing, awkward player movement, broken screens, shallow post play, lame pick and roll minigame, unrealistic animations, etc. I feel like there are some serious flaws in these areas that aren't being addressed OR EVEN MENTIONED. Other than saying the offensive rebounding is a little favored (severe understatement - I'm averaging 8 per game in MyCareer with a level 2 rebounding skill) there was no critique of flawed gameplay.

Also, please enlighten me as I didn't play 2k14 - how exactly is the VC different this year? It sure feels like 2k13 to me...
Old 10-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #85
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

I think this is a great review! Too many times I've seen reviews that go the other way. And say they won't rate the online use because it's not working. That's should never be the case. Could you imagine having a restaurant and telling a food reviewer that "we actually don't have that and that and this" on the menu for tonight haha...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #86
Rookie

Spot on.

I'm mainly an online gamer and this game has been absolutely abysmal during the first week of release. You CAN play online right now, but the input lag is so bad it makes the game flat out frustrating. Even the announcers are delayed a few seconds. 2K14's server issues were never this horrendous. I don't get it. How did they take a step back from last year? It's like they decided online play wasn't going to be a priority this year. The lack of a decent online league option was one thing... but now MyTeam, Quick Match Online, Online Team Up and MyPark are all unplayable due to server stability and, as mentioned before, input lag.

I'm a sucker for 2K's basketball game, but if Live shows any signs of promise, I'm jumping ship.

Last edited by labelmeoriginal; 10-14-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther
If only 2K was half as good at making a solid online experience as they are at promoting their game they'd be getting 10's all over the place. The game literally has the same problems two years in a row with no solution in sight. Wish I could say I'm not falling for it next year but I probably will. There's an opportunity her for EA, hopefully they won't screw it up. Again.
All this EA nonsense. They have football/hockey to themselves and can't even get that right. Why would anyone anticipate anything revolutionary from them, just dont get it.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #88
Rookie

im experiencing that input button lag and with all the animations it feels like i have no control of my player

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »