Home

NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2014, 05:38 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Great review! And: Damn, I had exaxtly the same kind of best friend at university as you describe it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

Thanks! Wonder when 2k is going to respond, this is just unacceptable. Didn't they have a separate team working on the servers and network all year long?? Guess some heads are going to roll, because that's a lot of money wasted. Also for 70 euros ($85) you expect a finished product, not a game that may be right in a few months if 2k decides they are not too lazy to fix the bugs and errors.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #67
Pro

Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

So far...

The official roster won't load most times for me.

My Player has "swapped" face / name / etc and the one I created is gone.

I can't access The Park at all...

And there's some major AI flaws that everyone will work out once they play more than a few games...

7 is fair.

Patch the AI and it's an 8.5.

Fix online and it's a 9.5.

2K seems incapable of NOT releasing a bugged product though, so it is doubtful things will be fixed. First time in ages I am genuinely about to switch games. I hope it's sorted out soon.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Not everyone plays online, the problem is that so many offline modes/features are tied to being able to connect to the online 2K servers. They need to separate them completely next year.
Which they should have learned from 2k14 release...and they did not. I think the review is warranted.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:45 AM   #69
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Does anyone actually watch the shot meter when they are shooting? I like seeing it afterwards, as a definitive source of feedback, but I can't imagine trying to use it when actually pulling up for a shot.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #70
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm a member of the offline crowd. And while the modes and features I love the most work fine once sliders and tweaks are implemented, I do believe a game should be judged by its entire package.

This game is a failure for those who singularly enjoy online experiences. So many of the promoted features also are online. I do not like false advertisement.

That being said, the game of basketball represented in this game is quite excellent with tweaks to the sliders. And the remote play feature with the Vita and PS4 is spectacular. No lag and great controls.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #71
Rookie

tariqmma's Arena

This is pure BS the great gameplay alone should make it a 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #72
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

For me, the score is of and I think peole that review the game should separate the online functionality from the game itself with separate scoresf, for the reason I don't do much of the onilne stuff. I do my GM, and play offline exhibitions with friends and CPU. I'm sure there are guys out there who don't go onilne and never want to go onilne. I'm easy like that though. That said, this is the best sports game I have ever played in my life. But I do feel sorry for hte people who want to do the online stuff and have it work.

For me, 9.7 Gameplay on the court and Offline.
Online obviously: No comment

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »