Home

NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 6
I think the score justified the game experience. I am a huge online player...in fact, it's all I play. It's a HUGE reason why i bought the game. Every single time i try a ranked online...i get either ridiculous input lag render unplayable or disconnection. I get so many disconnection that my overall online records are distorted. Every time you get disconnected, you get a loss. The funny thing is that on Sunday, i was able to get in multiple consecutive games without much lag at all. Those are fun games and that gives me hope that the server can be like this forever. But the next day guess what? It was absolutely laggy and unplayable again (in EVERY SINGLE game). Not only that, the settings online were screwed up like automatic sub and things that I never intended to be.

Oh and about the Sunday lag free game...it's weird, even though it was pretty much lag free, i was never able to finish the entire game...at some point, it disconnected you. And if you get the absolutely laggy games, the game never disconnect you and let you play the entire game. That was lame. 2K need to seriously invest in or rethink over their online infrastructure. It's getting horrible review due to online. They said they put two of their top engineers to handle the online problems...but it doesn't seem to work. The prloblem might not even be the server, but the client side. They design the game to have everything connected online such as things popping up telling you the next game Oct 31...ect....and that probably cause a lot of slow down ...and maybe that's why they're trying to disable the overlay stats to see it that help. But they should have tested this internally before releasing the game. Last year, they released an unfinished buggy product and I KNOW IT by playing it. This year, it's almost the same.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 10-14-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tariqmma
This is pure BS the great gameplay alone should make it a 8.
If 2K said all they were doing was great gameplay then yeah maybe an 8. but the fact that so many things do not work as advertised then the rating should fall.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #75
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
I completely understand your perspective and I want to point out that no score on its own — either good, bad, or somewhere in between — can possibly describe the game accurately to everyone. It's why the review is written.

Of people who look at the score and don't read the review, roughly half were destined to be unhappy.

With the 7 score, some people will assume I'm suggesting the game plays a bad game of basketball, when the actual review clearly suggests nothing could be farther from the truth.

Had I scored the game a 9, a different group of people would have seen the score, assumed the game is excellent all-around, and bought the game only to discover large portions of the game they want to play simply don't work.

Again, people need to read the review to actually understand what's going on. I'm aware some people won't. It's their loss.

In writing the review, I understood and accepted this scenario would be the case.
But a 7, really?! A 7? Not even a 7.5 but a 7, Really? In my book this game is a 9.5. The most fun I have ever had playing a NBA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Man this forum has a lot of "I only play offline "people..there is no need to type his to respond to a game review. All games are graded on the total product so NO there shouldnt be 2 separate grades Lol. If half the game is in shambles then the scored should be lowered bottom line. Its like eveyone here don't subscribe to Xbox live or psn. But if offline modes need a major patch you would quickly be dependent on 2k servers like the majority of people that play the game and be in a uproar like the millions of people that enjoy human online interaction
I do not believe offline gamers are attempting to suggest online does not matter - they just seem to be saying their playing tendencies haven't been as negatively affected as those who play online, thus the game is likely playing much higher than a 7 to them at this point.

I do not play online, but I like online availability for such things as 2KShare and patch updates. Moreover, even if the offline aspect were perfect, I maintain that it would only make sense that a game be judged in its entirety during a broad review (online and offline), as opposed to offering separate scores. The rating makes sense to me, particularly if one reads the actual written review.

I believe you were mistaking offline folks saying, "The offline product is good" for them saying "Who cares about online?"
Old 10-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0
Good review...But I don't like the game play that much I would give this game a 5/10
Old 10-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #78
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
Good review...But I don't like the game play that much I would give this game a 5/10
No way. Game on the court is nearly perfect
Old 10-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2
#breaktheinternet
Old 10-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #80
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

So did 2k lie about getting experts to fix the server issues?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »