Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #433
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

S
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
QB stances/styles are still broke even though EA said they fixed them there's few post where ppl took pics in game and in player edit under styles and neither matched up
They are not 'broke' or broken if that's what you were trying to say. QB styles are the same as Madden 25 post patch, where they were not functioning as they did in 25 pre-patch. There's nothing in your post that suggests you even tested them. You just made your own conclusions from posts. I'm surprised how I unconstructive this thread has gotten. I'm enjoying the game and will try to post anything I can find relative to this topic if I can.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #434
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
As far as simulation stats and keeping it as authentic to real life...it's an issue. Not going to sugar coat that.

But....all that being said things IMO get way too blown out of proportion. My advice is always play the game....play it a lot before passing judgement. And if after multiple games you still don't like it....no worries...trade it in. But there are those that are loving Madden 15 (cough me cough) and are dealing with the sack issue just fine. I would say there are games it can rear it's ugly head...and it is usually against pocket QB's with poor pocket presence (lower tier guys) and every now and then I have had some big sack games vs elite like guys in the pocket (Peyton and Tom) but they still went up top on me and nailed some big long TD passes. I have had so many games elite QB's have killed me deep. So this talk of they never go deep......not seeing it. I have played 45-50 games now between testing and CFM.....QB play is solid. And lower tier QB's really do suck when i get pressure on them. They make errant throws...and now with the patch it will be more evident.

Play the game a lot...then make your judgement. Everyone plays the game differently, everyone has different skill levels, stick skills, house rules.....whatever. There is no right or wrong opinion.......they are just that opinions. Some players are too good to play the CPU...and I see this in all sports game sub forums here. So take impressions with a grain of salt until you really cut your teeth in the game yourself.

So the sack issue can be really magnified...or minor...all depends on how you want to look at it. I think the game is way too much fun for me to harp and worry about getting 4-5 sack games with Cam Wake sometimes.....oh well. Guess I will get the sack record every year.

In year one I got the sack record with Wake.....I went 5-11. And had one of the worst defenses against the run.

In week 12 of year two...I am on another torrid pace with Wake again (as well as Jordan and Starks) but now my pass defense is down and my run defense has improved....I drafted a stud MLB but am starting a rookie CB and have an aging CB in Grimes. I won my first 7 games...now I have dropped 3 straight. For me the game has been a joy. The patch is exactly what I expected. Fix offline CFM, fix stability bugs (I can now start a 32 team offline CFM without the game screen hangup as I tested that first this morning before heading to the office), commentary bugs, defensive play clock being to quick to make your play selection and tune the AI (adaptive AI on defense tuned according to the notes). My opinion of course.....but I don't understand if your a Madden fan how you can't be superbly impressed with this game. It's easily the best one yet.

So take that for what it's worth.

On a side note I had the intro bug hit me once.....and I thought I had read that you just need to make sure you close the application when you exit out of the game and not to ever exit out and then go to shut down. it will corrupt your profile file if you do that. As long as you close the game application first then shut down your PS4 you should be fine. I have been doing that....and it has not ever happened since.

I would love to see any impressions of improved commentary and stat swipes of previous week stats not showing all zeros anymore.

I won't be able to dig into any game playing till 10PM EST
Appreciate the feedback man. I think that you and I see the game through the same lens, thats just a conclusion I've come to after reading all of your posts when you respond. I'm not dragging anyone else under the bus, but I really don't trust many of the posts I see here saying the game is worthless, broken, etc, and THATS a conclusion I've come to after being on OS for MULTIPLE Madden releases. One question for you, are you changing your sliders up for this second title update?

If you're changing your sliders, probably means I'll be changing my own. I usually take the top three slider posts, (ex. yours, SEC, etc) get the average of the numbers, and tweak a bit left or right based on my own needs which usually gets my play time damn near perfect.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #435
Rookie

OVR: 3

So is offline owners mode still broken?
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #436
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanything2
1, the people complaining about too many sacks must be trying their damndest to get them.Yes, there are a lot of sacks, but it's not astronomical unless you really try.
Are you serious with this?? you better believe if my LB is blitzing I'm gonna do everything I can to get to the QB. But as Kehlis mentioned...it's just not about user controlled players it's the cpu controlled players as well...the whole point of a Dlineman is to get pressure in a passing situation,as well as sending either a LB,corner or safety blitz...so according to your logic,we should all just sit back and not attempt to get any pressure?...it's due to bad cpu A.I dude...it's not about "trying to hard"

Quote:
Which leads to 2. The game the way it is requires all the sacks. Sacks are the ABSOLUTE ONLY way I stop the CPU.
All that said, if the sacks weren't there, IDK how I'd ever stop the CPU. I play on All-Pro with no sliders and I think there are so many things wrong with this game, fixing the sacks would just make it worse.
So wait a minute....because YOU can't stop the cpu,5-7 sacks a game is your answer for everybody? I'm just totally confused by all of this.

This last part I quoted seems to be more of a user issue than anything else...myself and I'm sure other folks can stop the cpu,can we stop them all the time? nope...but I don't want the game to be decided on the cpu QB taking 3 sacks to kill a drive....especially a potential game winning drive...which is what happened to me earlier.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 10-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #437
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
1, the people complaining about too many sacks must be trying their damndest to get them. I had 3 people with double digit sacks, and 4 people with over 5.
Err, so on defense I'm supposed to try hard not to get sacks? That seems rather counter-intuitive . . .
Old 10-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #438
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
S

They are not 'broke' or broken if that's what you were trying to say. QB styles are the same as Madden 25 post patch, where they were not functioning as they did in 25 pre-patch. There's nothing in your post that suggests you even tested them. You just made your own conclusions from posts. I'm surprised how I unconstructive this thread has gotten. I'm enjoying the game and will try to post anything I can find relative to this topic if I can.
But it didn't work last year. Or the year before. Or in madden 13. I've tested them all pre patch, and as sure as they didn't work before, they still don't after said patch. If something is not working to that degree. ....it's broken. The pre snap stance works, but that is it.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #439
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
S

You posted a clip of Peyton Manning's glitched QB stance on page 39 of this thread saying it was correct. If you take the time to look at your clip, notice how Peyton is bouncing up and down with no feet movement. Now look at his signature style in the edit menu and notice his "happy feet" movement. You are wrong man, maybe some of the QB's sig style was fixed but Peyton Manning wasn't one of them.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #440
Rookie

OVR: 5

Clint did not say there wasn't a problem, he said only there was nothing to fix. In fear of speaking for someone, I will say I believe he was trying to say that its not a bug but rather something that needs to be fundamentally changed with how the game operates. Without knowing the details, its likely that the logic to release the ball is tied to so many different variables that it would be a disaster to try and tinker with those during a patch cycle. Again, many of these are just assumptions on my part and Clint may have a completely different view on it.

Here is our twitter exchange that lead me to believe that they are aware of a problem and there just wasn't a reasonable/possible fix for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tweet (360x640).jpg (144.1 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg tweet2 (360x640).jpg (112.0 KB, 163 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »