Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #417
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

They claim to have fixed a problem, or that the problem does not exist, when clearly there is loads of evidence to the contrary.

It's great that the devs engage people in conversation here and elsewhere, but what comes of it? Perhaps they have every intention of delivering but the corporate suits clamp down on the budget for such things at this stage, who knows. Could be a myriad of reasons for repeated failure that cannot be pinpointed to any one department or person. The bottom line is that it just isn't getting done, hasn't been getting done, and - based on past precedent- probably won't be done right anytime in the near future. The excuses are running thin. There is little basis in arguing the lack of true progress this title has managed over the last ten years.

You don't have to look too far to see threads about people reverting back to old consoles to play the game's earlier versions (and "other makers" versions). That speaks volumes about the floundering of this title.

Worse yet, the fact this problem is being swept under the rug and nonchalantly signed off on does not inspire the least bit of confidence for the future of this title under EAs roof.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 10-08-2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Spelling-auto correct
Old 10-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #418
MVP

OVR: 9
QB Stances fixed or not?

From reading 35+ pages this is what I understand:

-We don't need to restart CFM for patch
-Simmed QB stats have improved
-Finances are not fixed
-QB Sacks are not fixed

What I don't understand is:

-QB Throwing styles and stances are (not) fixed? I've read from multiple posters that they are and not??? Is there a reason? Could it be you need to re-start or use the latest default roster?

-EA Sports in general, just give us what we want, please!

-Why yet again I'm playing another Madden that I both love and hate. It's like an abusive relationship.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #419
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
That's a huge blow to you offline guys. I would say it seems offline CFM pretty worthless
Thanks for the empathetic voice, it's much appreciated. I'm strictly offline franchise in all my sports video games so this is a bit disappointing.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #420
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

im sorry to say bit for a former olineman to say sacks aren't a problem he must not follow the real nfl now just go to nfl.com and look at team stats for sacks....

right now nfl is going into what week 6 or 7? the real browns only have 8 sacks through that many games.... there's ppl posting with (PICS) after 3 games they have 18 sack's....with browns defense... even myself played my first online cfm game other day there was a total of 8 sacks and I wasen't even halfway through 2nd quarter I had 5 the cmp had 3.

and I play on 12 minute quarters 25 acc clock all-pro.... and I've tried all different settings sliders etc and I can still manage 5-6 a game... and the lastest one I tried had cmp pass protection set to 100.

so I wanna know what so called settings he's or they are playing on and seeing realistic sack numbers if the reply is all-pro default he's full of bs.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #421
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I still see to many inconsistencies and the proposed impact of these sites growing or shrinking depending on the given agenda. It’s interesting that the perceived impact is greater when the marketing train gets going every year with EA supposedly targeting the more ‘serious’ players with the verbiage and marketing material, posting here, etc. then when they release a less than desirable product in August and/or patch months later, it’s “well, you know, it’s the casuals”.

But again, this is all deflection anyway. The patch failed to address some fairly significant issues and the number of people who do/don’t complain about it whether here or elsewhere doesn’t change that fact. To spin it into a “well, it doesn’t really matter because, you know, the ‘casuals’…it’s just white noise. But your comments are appreciated.
as I tell my 8 year old....you are certainly entitled to your opinion...

;o)

Take care!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #422
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Ha, ha....I don't know what bearing a "former offensive lineman" has on the argument. He is "currently" under the employ of EA, from whence he draws his paycheck.

Jus' sayin'.......
***I acknowledge the fact that one does not even have to play the game of football to have a full and very acute understanding of how the game is played and all it's intricacies and fundamentals, etc etc.

So Clint Oldenburg still, in his years in the NFL and CFL, only played in 2 games. Maybe that means he had a lot of time learning the game from the sidelines; but if it does, I am not seeing it in OL and DL interactions; I am still seeing OL players going away from the nearest threat, double teaming while letting another defender rush in untouched; now this could be the result of bad AI programming, a collection of poorly made plays that should be removed, poorly balanced ratings between players and positions, or any combination of the above potential issues..

I have literally watched offensive linemen move out of the way of a blitzing player, as if in fear; I have watched a Safety, Roman Harper, stand over Pittsburgh's Center Pouncey and just push him to one side and sack the QB within 1 - 1.4 seconds after the snap. SMH... And sliders do not seem to fix anything, but make issues more muddied...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Oldenburg

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-08-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #423
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

This line right here made me laugh and sad at the same time cause it's true..."Why yet again I'm playing another Madden that I both love and hate. It's like an abusive relationship."

Just to make clear..clint said there now is a sack issue..but the fix was to "big"..however could not give us any tips for a possible work around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #424
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Back to the patch discussion..

I think think the gameplay is balanced very very nicely. Just held a packer user to 10 points with the Cheifs. The lone touchdown a blown coverage where I spotlighted Nelson and Smith was caught peeking at him and like Boykin get deep. My fault not prodiving over the top adjustment to protect that. Rest of game we shut him down. Many clutch stops. Got an INT, dropped at LEAST 3 or 4 more. Berry snagged a great one and dropped another so thats okay. Good to see a great player standout on defense. Thankfully he refused to bring an extra man into the box to defend the run so that's how I was able to move offensively. I play the take what they give you game and it worked out for me to a 14-10 win with a 2 4th down stops before he quit. Don't remember ever being able to play these kind of games online.

Hopefully I can learn how to rush the passer because I enjoy trying and if I can get good at it man will it open up my defense. Only thing that kills me is I don't like to blitz too much due to the easy throws behind it if the person your playing can read it. I really never blitz against shotgun either because I always am a second too late. A lot of people use shotgun only so I go with a 4 man rush and mix up coverages and alignment behind it to try and confuse my opponent. Working while I'm at this skill level at least.

I know they won't but I wish they'd patch the hit stick. They make it so easy for players to use it with any defender. Should be much more of a risk reward system.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 10-08-2014 at 06:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »