Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #313
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBTheShowShortStop
does this patch work in play now games offline as well?

Yes.

Th3 Chos3n On3
Old 10-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #314
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenGamer7778
where are you following these comments?

anyone else have an issue where deep thrown balls by CPU QBs are 90% INT due to bullet passes instead of lobs which gives my CBs great angles for the INTS?
i have yet to see one lob deep pass from any CPU QB.
Twitter. One of the developers is pretty good about always responding to my questions and comments.

It is interesting that originally he stated that they investigated the matter and found no problems.

After myself and a few others made a few comments he then acknowledged that there may be a problem but he implied that it is one that is too big for a patch. Nothing against the guy because I am thankful for his involvement but I am not buying it. I think they just overlooked it and are covering their rear.

I asked for some possible suggestions so that we the users may alleviate the problem, e.g. does QB acc slider affect behavior, traits, etc but he avoided answering that.

If they weren't now they are definitely aware of the issue now and how unhappy we are about it. But clint is a good guy and I try not to bash him or anything.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #315
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement61
IMO the biggest game breaker is Offline CFM's financial issues. The massive TV revenue profit sharing that keeps the NFL so competitive is nowhere to be seen in this game. The funds concept makes no sense with teams well below the cap. This isn't an MLB game EA.
Unfortunately, I think that is a design choice. I read somewhere that they felt Owner Mode was not tough enough, and so wanted to make it more difficult, especially for poor/small market teams. Whether this is difficult in a realistic fashion is debatable, but, they definitely met the goal of making it more difficult.

Of course, since neither the actual salary numbers or the bonus rules (not counting against the CAP) match real life, it is sort of useless to complain the revenue sharing does not match it either. It is true, that not all small market teams are able to fund to the full salary cap limit (hence why there is also a salary floor), so in a sense Madden 15 simulates that, by forcing small market teams to use smaller bonuses and more "CAP Money," which fills their CAP faster (since all Madden teams seam to get their full CAP to play with).

A more realistic system would be desirable, but the current compromise sort of works if it was tweaked a little. Anyway, like I said, it is not a bug so much as an unfortunate design decision . . .

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 10-07-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #316
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
Post patch there are more sacks than ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is hard to belive has I was already averaging like 8-9 a game.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #317
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Of course, since neither the actual salary numbers or the bonus rules (not counting against the CAP) match real life, it is sort of useless to complain the revenue sharing does not match it either. It is true, that not all small market teams are able to fund to the full salary cap limit (hence why there is also a salary floor), so in a sense Madden 15 simulates that, by forcing small market teams to use smaller bonuses and more "CAP Money," which fills their CAP faster (since all Madden teams seam to get their full CAP to play with).

A more realistic system would be desirable, but the current compromise sort of works if it was tweaked a little. Anyway, like I said, it is not a bug so much as an unfortunate design decision . . .
Is that actually true though? A real team's share of league revenue is enough to cover the salary cap, which is actually why the league can mandate a minimum on team spending (a salary floor.). The difference between big and small market teams comes down to not only the costs of doing business (maintnence, inventory, team/stadium staff, facilities leases, etc noe of which is in game) which in addition to owners' greed and appeal of their particular market affects what they can offer in bonus money and what they can afford to upgrade.

The way the game is structured, a bump in revenue share (maybe just to $2-4 million still far short of the real figure) would be enough to better reflect the real life salary situation. All the better if facility upgrades were made a little more expensive to compensate for this.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #318
Rookie

smootherworm76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBo24
Question for Xbox One players: Are you supposed to be prompted for the new update or does it just automatically update? I wasn't prompted for anything so I'm not sure if I got it.
When I opened Madden to play, it prompted me to download an update. I thought cool, but it took a while due to the size.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #319
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
That is hard to belive has I was already averaging like 8-9 a game.
Post patch I'm averaging 2 to 3 sacks a game and I use the 49ers!! So it's hard for me to believe that people are getting even more sacks after the patch.....
Old 10-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #320
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Im playing my single person online cfm, where am i missing the option for the slim play calling menu?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »