Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #257
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

so i guess we need to re-start offline?
Old 10-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #258
Rookie

OVR: 2

So gutted right now at the patch's failure to fix the sack issue. And also now depressed that EA have allegedly looked at this and found no problem. Which means this game, which for me is so fine in so many other ways, is effectively broken.

Unreal. How many people have to post here that it is an issue for them to notice?

I just played 3 straight games with the new patch at All-Pro level - Denver vs San Diego. I had CPU pass block at 100. I even put Hum Pass Coverage at 0 just to try and avoid as many coverage sacks as possible. I only blitz on 1 in 6 plays (below the NFL average). I took control of Terrance Knighton every down and delibrately made no effort to sack the QB at all.

Yet I sacked Phillip Rivers, who is a damn fine QB, 21 times in 3 games. 7 a game on average. That's insane. Its a game killer. The Denver D in Madden is good - but not that good. Sacks should be hard to get and fun when you get them. Right now there is no challenge and its making the game insanely easy.

In those games I also tried the alleged community fixes (which I believe to be placebo) i.e IG at 0 and Defensive Visuals at Full. Good luck to those who found those work. But there is no logical in game programmable reason for them to change the fundamental problem that most of us can see straight away which is the AI QB's inability to throw away the ball under pressure.

And if EA can't see there is a problem than I fear for the franchise moving forward. I guess we'll see the same thing in Madden 16.

Rant over. I'll still keep trying sliders because I want to save this game from the dustbin its currently heading into. I'll also try Pro level as advised above. But I fear this will all be to no avail.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #259
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
so i guess we need to re-start offline?
They said no actually
Old 10-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #260
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
They said no actually
wow good to hear..thanks
Old 10-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #261
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
I think it's worth it. Just my opinion but it's much better than last gen. Of course people will complain, but there is no comparison between this gen and last. Also, if your a basketball fan they just released a pretty good game today too.
I don't doubt it's better than last gen, simply because M25 was my least favorite of the PS3 gen iterations...

Yeah, I love NBA2k and The Show, so I will upgrade eventually, but I was hoping that my primary gaming interest (football sims) would be satiated by M15, as opposed to continuing to have to rely on NCAA 14...

Oh well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #262
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

This is ****ing pathetic. If they didn't fix sacks, what did they fix? I have NO issues with this game other than sacks. How do you take a look at the problems this game has and NOT see sacks. What the **** have they been doing for the past month? This is pathetic. I'm selling madden to gamestop so somebody else can enjoy it without giving EA a dime. I'm picking up nba 2k 15 with the trade in.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #263
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
So gutted right now at the patch's failure to fix the sack issue. And also now depressed that EA have allegedly looked at this and found no problem. Which means this game, which for me is so fine in so many other ways, is effectively broken.

Unreal. How many people have to post here that it is an issue for them to notice?

I just played 3 straight games with the new patch at All-Pro level - Denver vs San Diego. I had CPU pass block at 100. I even put Hum Pass Coverage at 0 just to try and avoid as many coverage sacks as possible. I only blitz on 1 in 6 plays (below the NFL average). I took control of Terrance Knighton every down and delibrately made no effort to sack the QB at all.

Yet I sacked Phillip Rivers, who is a damn fine QB, 21 times in 3 games. 7 a game on average. That's insane. Its a game killer. The Denver D in Madden is good - but not that good. Sacks should be hard to get and fun when you get them. Right now there is no challenge and its making the game insanely easy.

In those games I also tried the alleged community fixes (which I believe to be placebo) i.e IG at 0 and Defensive Visuals at Full. Good luck to those who found those work. But there is no logical in game programmable reason for them to change the fundamental problem that most of us can see straight away which is the AI QB's inability to throw away the ball under pressure.

And if EA can't see there is a problem than I fear for the franchise moving forward. I guess we'll see the same thing in Madden 16.

Rant over. I'll still keep trying sliders because I want to save this game from the dustbin its currently heading into. I'll also try Pro level as advised above. But I fear this will all be to no avail.
your post is to place it in the wall. It`s exactly how i feel and what i experienced.

I really want to save this game, but this sacks issue make things really hard for me.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:46 PM   #264
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
for example immediately after my tweet someone asked Clint if QBs escaping too many sacks was fixed. They are getting conflicting reports.

I cannot speak to what they view as looking at something "extensively."
That is undoubtedly part of the problem: some players may think there is something wrong if they don't meet their sack goals every game/year on their user controlled Titans; evidently the same players that don't want realistic penalties or the chance for blocked kicks and bad snaps.

That said, how they could "extensively test CPU QBs and come to the conclusion they were NOT taking too many coverage sacks is beyond me, and probably the most depressing thing I have heard relative to Madden in a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »