Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Wow. This is where it's at. MYPARK, MY CAREER, TEAM UP, or any of that online playing mess brings zero excitement to me.. But this right here. This right here is magical
Old 10-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #67
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Czar,

Did you get a chance to get any transition offense or secondary break in? Or does freelance kick in on fast breaks? Any logic behind wings running floor or bigs?

Any flex action after horns entry plays?

Elevator screens?

Also, can or will you be adding plays to teams throughout the year (existing plays currently in game/not new plays) if you see them run something during the season? And are play books tied to rosters again? Not sure this has been confirmed yet. Same question for freelance offenses being assigned especially for the new coaches after having more time to scout them. Will you change this during year on the back end?

I'm also hoping a workaround for leagues will be to allow us to add plays to a roster for each league member then upload the custom roster with the changes to the play books in it. Any idea here?

Last thing and I asked it earlier, can we as user do dribble handoffs? Is there a button configuration that will do this like hold down pass button or something?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #68
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Wow. This is where it's at. MYPARK, MY CAREER, TEAM UP, or any of that online playing mess brings zero excitement to me.. But this right here. This right here is magical
This stuff applies to online leagues and quick matches as well .

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Still I didn't get to fancy with the other teams as far as freelance. Most will have the 3-2 a few teams have the 4-1 and fewer teams are set to default. That means the team has a perimeter 4 man on the floor they will go 4 out and if not they go 3-2.

I rewrote the 3-2 but we just didn't have time to do the 4-1 so in that sense it is the weakest one of the bunch but still more than functional. They AI is best in one of the other ones.

So I believe I have Cleveland the default with Love.

As I mentioned previously once someone makes it so freelance isn't the same for everyone it really makes it obvious that there should be more.

But the AI only goes into freelance when the plays breaks or if the coach call plays slider is lower. So it isn't that huge of a deal for teams who lack a defined system. But it's not as noice playing with a team who doesn't have a unique freelance either.

We will have to watch them this season and see what they actually do on the floor. As I mentioned we scouted their new coach in summer and in his last year in euroleague.
Cool stuff. Amazing what you guys did in one year.

1) What's the reasoning behind setting teams to 3-2 or 4-1 instead of default, where the AI is choosing the appropriate set depending on the PF anyway? Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds more logical to me to simply give them both options.

2) Any chance the ability to change freelance sets for CPU teams gets added later on? Would be nice to experiment with different styles for current teams and especially in fantasy drafts. I mean as beautiful as the Spurs motion and triangle look...it's kind of a waste imo that we can only watch the CPU use them with one specific team. Would be awesome to have everything available for any team. Is there a game design reason for hardcoding freelance sets?

3) Is Pace&Space limited to the Heat and Euro teams? Sounds like the closest approximation available for Carlisle's offense imo, so maybe the Mavs should get it as well?
Old 10-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #70
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Still I didn't get to fancy with the other teams as far as freelance. Most will have the 3-2 a few teams have the 4-1 and fewer teams are set to default. That means the team has a perimeter 4 man on the floor they will go 4 out and if not they go 3-2.

I rewrote the 3-2 but we just didn't have time to do the 4-1 so in that sense it is the weakest one of the bunch but still more than functional. They AI is best in one of the other ones.
Czar,

I am impressed man. I guess we on the outside of the game making world don't realize how big of a task this all is. I think the attention to the playbook is just as impressive as the freelance system in my eyes. You basically rewrote all the plays to try to make sure that they are not breaking and were as authentic to the team as possible with the amount of teams you could get in with the amount of time you had. I can't ask for anything more than that. Can't wait to get my copy to dig into this game.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #71
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Looking good. I'm really looking forward to this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #72
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I think what Cleveland will be next and I have no idea after that
On the topic of Cleveland: what the plays have really lacked up to this point is a good way to get stretch 4's involved in other ways than being spot up shooters. In 2K14 Kevin Love barely got used when I played his team in the finals, the AI doesn't really get him any good looks, even in the post (and in my sliders post play tendency is 100).

If it hasn't been yet addressed that's something I'd like to see in 2K16.

For now, triangle offense looks great as do the other new freelance options. Really awesome plays are getting a good revamp this year. The spacing looks great compared to least year as well. And I'm wondering if we might see the return of Horns 1..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »