Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #41
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Czar,

Dropping heat as usual. What did you decide to give the Warriors as default freelance?

I think what Cleveland will be next and I have no idea after that

1. Spurs Motion
2. Heat Pace and Space
3. Knicks/Golden State Triangle
4. Motion/Princeton Cleveland
5. 4out 1 Stan Van Gundy ?
6. 3out 2 ?
7. Maybe a special Euroleague one
Cleveland? They don't deserve a special offense they have a new foreign coach and unknown system . I k ow they are the new "it" team but smh. Let's see Memphis Lionel hollins offense implemented with the nets.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #42
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Cleveland? They don't deserve a special offense they have a new foreign coach and unknown system . I k ow they are the new "it" team but smh. Let's see Memphis Lionel hollins offense implemented with the nets.
Funny that you say that considering he wants to run Jerry Sloan's Flex for D-Will
Old 10-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #43
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

My man!

As a Knick fan, this is a much appreciated addition. I was wondering what offense I was going to use.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

So the freelance offenses include:

3 out 2 in
4 out 1 in
Triangle
Pace and Space
Swing Motion
80s offense
2-3 zone offense

Are the 3-2 and 4-1 sets going to be as deep/complex as the Triangle, Swing Motion and Pace and Space? I hope in the future we can run offenses like Horns, Flex, and Corner.

Also, will the AI's freelance offense be set regardless of personnel? Thinking of my team, the Nets, we're most likely going to be running 3-2 (actually flex/horns stuff) with our starting lineup. But when are 2nd unit comes in, particularly Teletovic, he's way too good of a shooter to be playing in a 3 out 2 in offense. He needs to be on the perimeter. Anyway that the game will reflect this? Definitely a little complicated but last year, AK47 would take over the PF role on offense and Teletovic would take over the SF role. This sort of "problem" may exist with teams like the Knicks (Amare vs. Barnani), GSW (Lee vs Green), Clippers (Jordan vs Hawes), etc.

I'm LOVING the fact that there's a 2-3 zone freelance. Zones were partially really effective because the offense wouldn't be in the right spots or make the right reads. There's a reason zones are rarely used in the NBA. I hope this year you can make people pay if you move the ball, switch sides, and play patiently.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #45
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Czar, question. What is the freelance offense that most resembles Euroleague offenses? And also, I asked this in another thread... It seems that the Cavs this year are running a variation of the Princeton offense. Any suggestions on what might be closest to that?
I gave all the EuorLeague teams the pace and space. For the Cavs I scouted their coach last season in Euorleague. I use that info to fill out the Euroleague playbook and also gave some of those plays to the cavs. We also snatched what was useful from whatever they happened to run in summer league.

The difficult thing about expanding gamers paradigm's regarding freelance offense is that it becomes apparent that there should be many many more.

But the teams playbooks are tighter than they have ever been. For next gen I deleted every play in the playbooks and re-scouted from scratch every team in the game and only included those plays I actually viewed a team running with the exception of the cutter plays because those are not universal per team. So some of those are generic in the sense that I took them from another team.

So every play in the playbooks was written from scratch this year in next gen. The downside is there isn't a ton of depth in the old school playbooks because that was a hell of a task to take on considering all the time I put into the freelance offense's. But I didn't want to wonder what was working and what was not working, or what was actually scouted vs what was madeup, so we started with a clean slate.

The play fidelity this year easily trumps anything that was done previously. These were built to take advantage of a revamped play engine and the new motion system.

Each play can have up to 1,000 editable points. A lot of that can be movement information etc. But there are more editable points in a single play in 2K15 than there was in 10 combined plays in 2k14 and prior.

It's hard to quantify just how much better 2k15 is from 2k14 play wise but the video's you can see should clearly show you an improvement. If you still have 2k14 play vs the AI and then watch the released videos. To a trained eye which I know yall possess it shouldn't even be close as far as AI execution.

Again all of this is in comparison with 2k14. We have a long way to go in comparison with reality.

So if your into play's and execution etc. I worked extremely hard so that you wouldn't have to worry about what works and what doesn't just load that **** up and start playing. Obviously there may be an issue here on there but for the most part the plays breaking should be a non issue.

Outside of them just not being effective because of good defense or getting a shot you didn't want to take etc.

I wish marketing would have given game-play a bit more shine but it is what it is.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 10-03-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #46
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Who says it is unknown just say it is unknown to you? They/Czar might not even have every single detail of Hollins system implemented Hollins was just hired in July. Do you know that VC actually scouted Euroleague teams, maybe they scouted uh the Euroleague champion head coach. there is a chance they scouted Cleveland's team in summer league team. He uses a motion offense with some other stuff sprinkled in that other coaches use in the NBA. So I expect that a motion offense was going to be one of the ones and perhaps the next one but it doesn't only apply to Cleveland.

Also Czar wasn't taken requests for what is next like a jukebox or something. Read this carefully I said I think Motion offense will be next not what I think he should do next. He wasn't out here asking for requests or something like a DJ.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 14

Thanks for that detail Czar. You put some serious work in and I can already tell just from video how much more authentic 2K15 looks and will feel.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #48
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I gave all the EuorLeague teams the pace and space. For the Cavs I scouted their coach last season in Euorleague. I use that info to fill out the Euroleague playbook and also gave some of those plays to the cavs. We also snatched what was useful from whatever they happened to run in summer league.

The difficult thing about expanding gamers paradigm's regarding freelance offense is that it becomes apparent that there should be many many more.

But the teams playbooks are tighter than they have ever been. For next gen I deleted every play in the playbooks and re-scouted from scratch every team in the game and only included those plays I actually viewed a team running with the exception of the cutter plays because those are not universal per team. So some of those are generic in the sense that I took them from another team.

So every play in the playbooks was written from scratch this year in next gen. The downside is there isn't a ton of depth in the old school playbooks because that was a hell of a task to take on considering all the time I put into the freelance offense's. But I didn't want to wonder what was working and what was not working, or what was actually scouted vs what was madeup, so we started with a clean slate.

The play fidelity this year easily trumps anything that was done previously. These were built to take advantage of a revamped play engine and the new motion system.

Each play can have up to 1,000 editable points. A lot of that can be movement information etc. But there are more editable points in a single play in 2K15 than there was in 10 combined plays in 2k14 and prior.

It's hard to quantify just how much better 2k15 is from 2k14 play wise but the video's you can see should clearly show you an improvement. If you still have 2k14 play vs the AI and then watch the released videos. To a trained eye which I know yall possess it shouldn't even be close as far as AI execution.

Again all of this is in comparison with 2k14. We have a long way to go in comparison with reality.

So if your into play's and execution etc. I worked extremely hard so that you wouldn't have to worry about what works and what doesn't just load that **** up and start playing. Obviously there may be an issue here on there but for the most part the plays breaking should be a non issue.

Outside of them just not being effective because of good defense or getting a shot you didn't want to take etc.

I wish marketing would have given game-play a bit more shine but it is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »