Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #57
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar

Thanks Da_Czar... I am thrilled that there are 7 different types of free-lance offenses.

Is the "80's free-lance" Showtime or BadBoy freelance? If it is Showtime, I will be trying that one out on MyLeague and MyGM.

I really look forward to seeing this aspect evolve and grow. Great concept and great execution from what I see so far.

Thanks again for your long hours, hard work, dedication and passion.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #58
Just started!

OVR: 0
In the words of Darth Vader....THE CIRCLE IS NOW COMPLETE!!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #59
Rookie

This is amazing

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Old 10-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #60
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

Czar you the real MVP! The wait for the game is killng me.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
The freelance option will run triangle for default for the Bulls teams that have Jordan when not running plays. Then they will have triangle plays to get Jordan more plays.
Thanks! Now I get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #62
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Czar,

Dropping heat as usual. What did you decide to give the Warriors as default freelance?

I think what Cleveland will be next and I have no idea after that

1. Spurs Motion
2. Heat Pace and Space
3. Knicks/Golden State Triangle
4. Motion/Princeton Cleveland
5. 4out 1 Stan Van Gundy ?
6. 3out 2 ?
7. Maybe a special Euroleague one
Still I didn't get to fancy with the other teams as far as freelance. Most will have the 3-2 a few teams have the 4-1 and fewer teams are set to default. That means the team has a perimeter 4 man on the floor they will go 4 out and if not they go 3-2.

I rewrote the 3-2 but we just didn't have time to do the 4-1 so in that sense it is the weakest one of the bunch but still more than functional. They AI is best in one of the other ones.

So I believe I have Cleveland the default with Love.

As I mentioned previously once someone makes it so freelance isn't the same for everyone it really makes it obvious that there should be more.

But the AI only goes into freelance when the plays breaks or if the coach call plays slider is lower. So it isn't that huge of a deal for teams who lack a defined system. But it's not as noice playing with a team who doesn't have a unique freelance either.

We will have to watch them this season and see what they actually do on the floor. As I mentioned we scouted their new coach in summer and in his last year in euroleague.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 10-03-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #63
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Czar, wow!

So you eliminated all old plays or did you just input some of them into new system and gave them more options or better continuity? From your scouting did certain teams (let's use PNR as an example) get let's say more side pnr actions as opposed to top of key pnr's because that's what team likes to do rather than they run high pnr per game so you just gave them a bunch of pnr' from all over?
No I literally deleted them all. Every last one of them except the Out of bounds we ran out of time so I could only edit those.

If there are similar plays it is because I watched that team run that play enough in the games I scouted to include it. There is literally not a single play copied over they were all done from scratch.

As such I was able to unify the naming scheme across all era's so you can compare types of plays and how they have changed in spacing and execution over the years. We go all the way back to the 60's.

I scouted by "star" player first and worked my way down. So whatever Lillard ran for pick and roll and where-ever he ran them is what I took. In general the Play-Types for stock plays are more well filled out Like Pnr's etc.

So for the blazers the majority of their plays you see in game are for their main scorers if your a 12th man and had a specific set ran for you unless it was also ran for 1-7 we probably didn't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Will we see less plays this year as opposed to last few years? In last few years I know there we're plays that we're virtually the same play with different names in 1 teams play book. So, a team would have 3 pnr plays at top of key with really no difference in them except different players in specific spots.

I loved in 1 of the videos I saw a screen the screener action into pnr. I know this was in with a few sets in previous versions but the execution seemed 1000x better and more realistic by ai!

Did all 30 teams get the same love? How many plays per team do we get? Still 50? Also, you said not a whole lot of love to classic teams play books? Does this mean you didn't have time to scout them like you would like or just didn't get to them all together? I have said in past but classic play books needed a ton of work as each team just had 10-18 plays with most being ISO plays and nothing like what they used to run irl. Is this something you will be looking to dive deeper into in the future?
The plays per team varied on what we were able to get. Team with the same coach as last year are much better scouted then teams with new coaches for obvious reasons.

We scouted summer league for teams with new coaches but they run a lot of generic actions most times and their summer roster is obviously different than their reg season roster but every reasonable effort was made to get them as accurate as possible.

We requested ability to update plays and the plan was to scope preseason and update but that didn't make the cut.

As I mentioned we created and used a unified naming scheme so for the major part each play should be unique excepting for similar actions in similar locations but with different players like a 34 fist and a 24 fist could be the same action in the same place but with different players.

as for the classics it is obvious they were not the priority so when I did get to them I couldn't give them the same amount of time I gave the current teams so That limited how deep those will be.

I didn't want to fill them out with generic plays because then My OCD would make me rescout them next year when I might have forgotten what was made up and what was scouted.

So they are absolutely authentic but I will continue to add to the base of them as I get time every year. Just understand that part is a labor of love.

Some teams though you would scout 3-4 games and only see the same basic sets' you start looking at the clock like. Aight man run a dam off=screen play PLEASE LOLOLOL. I need 3 off=screen plays HAHAHA.

So everything that could be done in the time available was done fam.

I did it like I know you would do it for me if I was waiting for the game to drop. Still improvements needed everywhere I absolutely understand that but I know I gave it all I had regardless if anyone else even likes what was done.

If yall wanted to start a thread on custom plays for the classic for 16 I would not turn my nose up at it. I Just want them authentic so you have to show them in game for that team.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 10-03-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #64
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
No I literally deleted them all. Every last one of them except the Out of bounds we ran out of time so I could only edit those.

If there are similar plays it is because I watched that team run that play enough in the games I scouted to include it. There is literally not a single play copied over they were all done from scratch.

As such I was able to unify the naming scheme across all era's so you can compare types of plays and how they have changed in spacing and execution over the years. We go all the way back to the 60's.

I scouted by "star" player first and worked my way down. So whatever Lillard ran for pick and roll and where-ever he ran them is what I took. In general the Play-Types for stock plays are more well filled out Like Pnr's etc.

So for the blazers the majority of their plays you see in game are for their main scorers if your a 12th man and had a specific set ran for you unless it was also ran for 1-7 we probably didn't bother.

The plays per team varied on what we were able to get. Team with the same coach as last year are much better scouted then teams with new coaches for obvious reasons.

We scouted summer league for teams with new coaches but they run a lot of generic actions most times and their summer roster is obviously different than their reg season roster but every reasonable effort was made to get them as accurate as possible.

We requested ability to update plays and the plan was to scope preseason and update but that didn't make the cut.

As I mentioned we created and used a unified naming scheme so for the major part each play should be unique excepting for similar actions in similar locations but with different players like a 34 fist and a 24 fist could be the same action in the same place but with different players.

as for the classics it is obvious they were not the priority so when I did get to them I couldn't give them the same amount of time I gave the current teams so That limited how deep those will be.

I didn't want to fill them out with generic plays because then My OCD would make me rescout them next year when I might have forgotten what was made up and what was scouted.

So they are absolutely authentic but I will continue to add to the base of them as I get time every year. Just understand that part is a labor of love.

Some teams though you would scout 3-4 games and only see the same basic sets' you start looking at the clock like. Aight man run a dam off=screen play PLEASE LOLOLOL. I need 3 off=screen plays HAHAHA.

So everything that could be done in the time available was done fam.

I did it like I know you would do it for me if I was waiting for the game to drop. Still improvements needed everywhere I absolutely understand that but I know I gave it all I had regardless if anyone else even likes what was done.

If yall wanted to start a thread on custom plays for the classic for 16 I would not turn my nose up at it. I Just want them authentic so you have to show them in game for that team.
Love it! Great job czar! Can't wait to check it out! I especially love you got it where teams and players like to run their plays from areas on the floor they run them irl. Great authenticity! Super excited for what you have done! Thanks for reply...

As far as classics like 87 lakers and 96 sonics go I have a ton of videos of them in action! I could go pretty in depth with both those teams. Although lakers you could probably just overload 15 punch, 13 punch, ISO 3, and mouse all game and done. Lol! Maybe once game drops we can start a thread for everyone to research classics and work together..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »