Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #1105
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
I'm confused by the sprint this year. Did they change it AGAIN, or do you still have to repeatedly pump the right stick to sprint? Or do you hold it down? I kept wondering why my QB would never run when I'm trying to scramble until I figured out that you have to hold down the sprint button to get them to run. Is it the same for all ballcarriers?
You hold it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #1106
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I finally have it in my budget to afford the XB1 but I am going to avoid M15 and keep it on the 360.

I have seem countless current gen YouTube videos expose how OP the run game is which on 360 the D capably more competent.

I am not going to wish for a patch either - there are some issues that exist on both consoles and for me that is enough to dissuade me from making the M15 current gen purchase.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
The defense is FAR worse against the run on 360/PS3 IMO. I find the CPU run defense and defense overall a lot better/harder on the PS4. No comparison. All-pro on PS4 is harder than all-madden on PS3.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #1107
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
He's just leaving his impressions. Hence the name of this thread. Smh.

Anyway, the presentation in his game is bad. I got the game thinking this was the year it all changed, but man, I never really dug into CFM thinking the mode was a mess, and it is, but I bought the presentation would do standings upcoming games, season stats,etc.

The stat overlays continue to pop up and go away before you can read what they say, and with like 7 minutes let in the 4 quarter they tell you who you play next week. .sorry excuse for presentation. They hired an nfl films guy and pimped it out. It looks great, unfortunately there's programming involved and I don't ink they know what they are doing.
Seriously! By far my biggest complaint with the presentation. It's nice to see who's in the playoff race, but wow, they only give us time to read who the division winners are before they take the window away. Whose time, exactly, are they trying to save here? What's the friggin rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
You hold it down.
Alright thanks man...now maybe that will solve some of the issues I had with my fast players not being so fast after all...
Old 09-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #1108
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
Do I trade it for NBA2K15 or FiFA15? Hmmm...its really a shame because football is my favorite sport to play in digital form...
I'd say wait until EA releases a patch. If they address the main issues (sacks, ROBO QB, etc) the game could be solid.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #1109
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm glad the PS4 version has more defense. The run defense is better and LBs fly to the ball. But the interior DL still get knocked off the ball EVERY time on short yardage. You never see them get a TFL on an inside run. 3rd and 1 is still automatic. It would be nice if it was more dynamic and it didn't feel cheap to call a normal inside run on 3rd and short. The run game needs more balance on inside vs outside IMO.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:44 AM   #1110
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Im loving the game.

I cant seem to make big gains on throws or get some decent YAC, but Id say that is mainly user error.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #1111
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Alright thanks man...now maybe that will solve some of the issues I had with my fast players not being so fast after all...
You're going to want to save that sprint for when you really need to get around the corner or pull away from someone. Madden's default ratings are just horrible IMO which is why fast players dont always feel as fast as they should. Default SPD and ACC ratings just seem random. But try 0 threshold and see if you like that better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #1112
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm glad the PS4 version has more defense. The run defense is better and LBs fly to the ball. But the interior DL still get knocked off the ball EVERY time on short yardage. You never see them get a TFL on an inside run. 3rd and 1 is still automatic. It would be nice if it was more dynamic and it didn't feel cheap to call a normal inside run on 3rd and short. The run game needs more balance on inside vs outside IMO.
I fixed this last year with the False start and offsides sliders. Raise offsides or lower false start or both to get the defenders to hold the point of a attack much better. The ratings will still decided who wins but that intial 1-3 yards push every lineman gets even if they get beat can be eliminated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »