Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #97
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar

Czar, on the defensive side of things, do teams/coaches play more like their real selves, in terms of defensive settings at least?

For example, will we see the Bulls playing ICE on all sideline screen-and-rolls?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:03 PM   #98
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson
Will the Blazers offense look anything like this in the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY74uZBN3OE
Yes. they are just individual plays instead of a freelance offense. Freelance means the ball can be any where and action can begin.

The individual play books are a tight as they have ever been. Only exception being teams with new coaches.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #99

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
Czar, on the defensive side of things, do teams/coaches play more like their real selves, in terms of defensive settings at least?

For example, will we see the Bulls playing ICE on all sideline screen-and-rolls?
No, we got the settings in, but there is a lot of work left to incorporate those on the back end to integrate with POE. We knew this would be the number 1 request once guys knew the options were there but there just was not enough clock left to tackle such a huge task.

I think it is clear from what your seeing from us in this short cycle what our direction will be for this game.

What we did work on heavily was the base pick and roll defense and the rotations. Should be the best combo of both in the series as far as effectiveness.

You guys will see that it's not automatic but not impenetrable either. So when you do get to the cup you feel good about it. Where in years past you worry if you can do it every time.

As good as I feel about where the game is at launch, understand strategically,were just getting started. 16 will be my first full cycle along with Scott. Building on this as a base.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #100

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Calling plays with the D pad now seems like doing it on the run isnt really an option....

How are you finding that Czar?

I know you said that was in there before you got there.....I feel that's a step back to be honest.....
I haven't had a noticeable problem, could be just because I am used to it. But I get in and out without thought.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #101

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
@Czar

On last gen you could blow by a bad on ball defender, but couldnt on next gen 14. This hurt the pnr game on next gen. Has this been touched or is every big still a lock down perimeter defender with great defensive footwork? Hoping their is a difference between good and bad on ball defenders this year.

Oh yea, the 15 videos look great with the def rotations, weak side help defense especially.

If you get space and drive around and not directly into him you should not have an issue. I beat the AI in mismatches all the time doing those two things.

Now if he is playing off you a good bit you won't have as much success. But that makes sense. Just step back and drive AROUND.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #102
Banned

Dunk77's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Czar, appreciate all the work you've done. Can you tell me if they fixed pass fakes?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #103
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
No, we got the settings in, but there is a lot of work left to incorporate those on the back end to integrate with POE. We knew this would be the number 1 request once guys knew the options were there but there just was not enough clock left to tackle such a huge task.

I think it is clear from what your seeing from us in this short cycle what our direction will be for this game.

What we did work on heavily was the base pick and roll defense and the rotations. Should be the best combo of both in the series as far as effectiveness.

You guys will see that it's not automatic but not impenetrable either. So when you do get to the cup you feel good about it. Where in years past you worry if you can do it every time.

As good as I feel about where the game is at launch, understand strategically,were just getting started. 16 will be my first full cycle along with Scott. Building on this as a base.
Appreciate it. Very excited!

So we should notice some differences between team's schemes defensively, but not nearly as much as you'd like to see, you're saying?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #104

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
Appreciate it. Very excited!

So we should notice some differences between team's schemes defensively, but not nearly as much as you'd like to see, you're saying?
Yes, but in comparison with what people might expect I am only comfortable saying no if you get my meaning. When we really do it right this will seem very insignificant in comparison. So I am answering with that end in mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »